Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC Fitness Level and Conway (again)

For everyone following this tournament, have you noticed how poor TFC's fitness level is compared to every other team? I know it's hot and it's sort of "pre-season" but I watched a lot of these matches and you see a team like SJ doing man to man pressing for 90+ minutes and still going strong while we collectively look done by the 45-60 minute part of matches while playing our slower type game. But it's not just SJ, every team I have watched looks better conditioned than us. Like I said earlier, maybe we're taking it easy in training because of the heat but we haven't really seemed a very fit squad for some time. Not sure who is directy responsible for that department but ultimately, it goes to Vanney and it's something we should be working on.

Now to the main problem of the past few years. Conway is trash. Under his watch we've seen Irwin's level decline to the point he isn't a MLS starter anymore even after leaving. We've seen Bono go from up & coming USMNT prospect to a shaky bench option at best and now there has been some noticible regression in Westberg as well. His distribution numbers have slipped since he started under Conway much like every other GK's did. No GK we have had has improved in any way under Conway, vets or rookies and it's something that should be addressed. Really we should be coaching guys up to better levels. Vanney has done that with some players (not all) and that's what great teams do. I always wondered what qualifications Conway had for this gig other than marrying Andi Petrillo.

Anyone else notice any of this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In total agreement on your assessment of the goalkeeping situation.
    Unfortunately we are not privy to the workings of the Inner sanctum.
    What we do know is winning negates most problems so Cups and League titles override change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On fitness levels - There is always a baseline that coaching staff want but in general you train how you want to play. So if your coach wants you to be high pressing maniacs its drilled into you everyday on the training ground which builds up as you get used to it. If your manager wants a more technical approach then thats reflected in the training. Its fair to question but ties into to how do you want your team to play.

On the goalie coach - yea dump him. That's an easy area to upgrade and see results pretty quick.