Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS iS Back Game 3 - TFC vs NER Tuesday 21 July 9 am - Dreaming of Me Lying with You

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q
    Auro - Gonzo - Mavinga - Morrow
    Bradley - Delgado
    Piatti - Poz - Oso
    Jozy (Ayo Subbed in at half or 60th)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Q
    Auro - Gonzo - Mavinga - Morrow
    Bradley - Delgado
    Piatti - Poz - Oso
    Jozy (Ayo Subbed in at half or 60th)
    If Morrow is dealing with Tendanitis he may be done for a bit so we may see Lareya again. I also think the pressure is off for Jozy. If there is any chance he isn't 100% healthy we probably see him sit out again. Also Ayo has definitely earned another start imo. I wouldnt be surprised at a shorter day for Bradley or Pozuelo (whether that is via sub or by starting on the bench). Bradley has looked fine, but is coming off of a surgery and Pozuelo was hobbling around for the last 5 mins or so. If Oso is ready then I especially think this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Altidore & Akinola up top together for a bit at some point, although it may be crowded up there...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I'd like to see Altidore & Akinola up top together for a bit at some point, although it may be crowded up there...
    To me they seem like a similar type of player so would be more of one subbing for the other instead of playing together but who knows. Jozy is the DP so as great as Ayo is doing at the moment I can't see us having a DP ride the bench if healthy and able to play otherwise if that is the case time to let the DP go and pick up another DP that plays a role we can use better....and I am not suggesting in any way that Ayo having two great games in a row in this pre-season type of tourney is any kind of grounds to let Jozy go like some others in the MLS world are suggesting. Sample size is too small for Ayo but trending in a good way. Jozy is still a top striker when healthy.
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 07-17-2020 at 02:46 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4.5 days between games in theory is enough rest to allow them to start the same squad but I'd like to see them give Bradley some time off and see how Fraser & Delgado do at the base of the 4-2-3-1.

I suspect Endoh will start & Osorio replace him or Piatti eventually.

The Auro/Piatti/Poz trio is too good to give up on right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England will be the best team we face out of the 3 teams I think so Vanney will want to be careful how many changes we make as continuity is good when building up teams at the start of the season. DC and New England play tonight so will see how New England makes it out of that game. For all we know they could have red cards or injuries to deal with from tonight coming into our game next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Same. It probably only works in a 4-3-3 with Akinola at wing, Altidore CF, Piatti the other winger and Pozuelo, Bradley and Osorio behind. Is it to attack focussed? It might be but those are for sure our best 6 players up front right now and would be fun to watch

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    New England will be the best team we face out of the 3 teams I think so Vanney will want to be careful how many changes we make as continuity is good when building up teams at the start of the season. DC and New England play tonight so will see how New England makes it out of that game. For all we know they could have red cards or injuries to deal with from tonight coming into our game next week.

Watching NER tonight and they have no pace and play with a DP forward who likes to play off the shoulder & isn't all that fast & Bou who is tricky but again, not a speed merchant. Our intricate midfield play is some of the best in the league right now and should, in theory, be able to get a lot of possession.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a gift DC just got from New England. That was sloppy as hell. Higuain, the super sub comes on in the 69th minute and three minutes later is the benefactor of that Revs give away.

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 07-17-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those wondering about placing and whether winning is worth it

First of all, we finish 1st with a draw based on goals for

The team who tops Group C plays a 3rd place team from either A or B or F (see standings for that here - https://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-is-bac...ings/wild-card ) on July 26 @ 8:30pm

A- Miami or NYC
    B - Vancouver or Seattle or Chicago - SJE very unlikely
    F - Could be any of them as only played 1 game

Currently the 3rd place squads in A & B are below the line of others

The team who finishes 2nd plays A2 - Orlando or Philly on July 25th @ 10:30pm

Before our match

Group A will be settled
    Group B will have 1 game left to go between Chicago & Vancouver
    Group F has second games tonight so might be a bit clearer but will not be finalised

In essence, there is no guarantee of an easy game but you really want that extra day of rest and the earlier start. Unfortunately, if you win that game against a 3rd place team, you are into the only 10:30 at night quarter final & if you win that, you will get 1 less day of rest then your fellow semi finalist but its 5 days versus 6 so not too bad.

So, yes, we want to win or draw this one.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-18-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carles Gil seems to have re-aggravated a preseason injury. That would be a big loss for NER.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say start Ayo again..and if Jozy feels ready, then sub him in. No way he deserves to start. He has the least amount of training sessions (I believe Vanney said he missed 25). And hasn't played competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    I say start Ayo again..and if Jozy feels ready, then sub him in. No way he deserves to start. He has the least amount of training sessions (I believe Vanney said he missed 25). And hasn't played competitive.
    I agree. Sub at best at 75 minutes. And Ayo is a striker now. Can he play wing? Probably but what he does well as a striker doesn't translate. I would much rather see one of our actual wingers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC have a decent sized cushion. They can lose 3-0 to New England and they are still guaranteed a spot in the final 16. If they lose 4-0 they are still likely to go through.

I still want to win for momentum and morale. I’d go a decent side for the first 45 and then get Pozuelo, Bradley, Mavinga, Gonzalez off for the last 45. If our subs can’t keep them game neutral or -1 in goals we don’t deserve to go through. Obviously we need squad rotation
    Last edited by Defoe; 07-19-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    TFC have a decent sized cushion. They can lose 3-0 to New England and they are still guaranteed a spot in the final 16. If they lose 4-0 they are still likely to go through.

I still want to win for momentum and morale. I’d go a decent side for the first 45 and then get Pozuelo, Bradley, Mavinga, Gonzalez off for the last 45. If our subs can’t keep them game neutral or -1 in goals we don’t deserve to go through. Obviously we need squad rotation
    Fuck morale – these are regular season points. We need to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    For sure. The goal has to be to win with squad rotation imo. There’s a lot of soccer left. I don’t want to burn out Chris & Omar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    For sure. The goal has to be to win with squad rotation imo. There’s a lot of soccer left. I don’t want to burn out Chris & Omar
    True - the thing is that I think NE will probably be the strongest opponent so far. I don't know if we can rotate to heavily.

Maybe just have to make sure to use the 5 subs well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True - the thing is that I think NE will probably be the strongest opponent so far. I don't know if we can rotate to heavily.

Maybe just have to make sure to use the 5 subs well.
    Yep. We already have our ticket to the next round as long we don’t lose by more then 4 goals or more. I just Prioritize a winning mindset and complete health for the round of 16. I’d try and prioritize rest for Bradley, Mavinga, Gonzalez and Pozuelo at some point in the game So they are somewhat fresh for the round of 16. Just keep a high standard and don’t give an inch no matter the lineup
    Last edited by Defoe; 07-19-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really need the defence to step it up a level in this game. Offensively we look great, and still have Altidore in our back pocket, but we can’t go one leaking goals the way we have been. Hopefully it’s just been cobwebs, but the age of Gonzalez and Ciman is a bit of a worry, and the Florida heat isn’t helping them. I’m also not sure if we’ve been running on empty late in the past two games or it’s trying to hold a lead that’s cost us. Either way, I’m looking for a tighter performance over the entire 90 mins tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can these really be regular season points when two of the teams that were supposed to play were sent home for medical reasons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Can these really be regular season points when two of the teams that were supposed to play were sent home for medical reasons?
    Yes. They will make up those games later.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we cut this out? There is no regular season. MLS is not a TV league. There is no gate. Without a gate, they are not going to spend the money to fly teams around, do effective quarantine, etc.

They will come up with another gimmick in the fall. Bubbles by region or something.

Yay.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Can we cut this out? There is no regular season. MLS is not a TV league. There is no gate. Without a gate, they are not going to spend the money to fly teams around, do effective quarantine, etc.

They will come up with another gimmick in the fall. Bubbles by region or something.

Yay.
    I will wait to see if that happens before considering these games unimportant.

Until then, I will treat them with the legitimacy they deserve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Osorio, but Altidore makes the bench!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the only change in the XI from last game is Deleon in for Endoh (with Deleon and Laryea potentially swapping positions)

Edit : and Bono starting in net, I didn't even notice Bono s name, I just assumed it was Westberg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    So the only change in the XI from last game is Deleon in for Endoh (with Deleon and Laryea potentially swapping positions)

Edit : and Bono starting in net, I didn't even notice Bono s name, I just assumed it was Westberg
    Makes sense to give Bono a game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...olution/lineup

NE basically has their B team out
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Gustavo Bou. Lucky for us. Clearly NE is just preparing themselves for the next round. Bank a couple in the first half and let's see some kids. (i've just jinxed it).