Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The Ciman one was definitely harsh. Mavinga's was deserved, in my opinion.
    They were both a bit careless and deserved in my opinion. Made the game much closer than it needed to be.

On a positive note, I thought Laryea looked fantastic in his first start at LB and Auro had another great game. We just need Mavinga and Gonzalez to settle in and play to their capabilities and our backline should be solid enough moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Play the kids next game, definitely rest auro, Bradley.

Start Fraser, Gallardo.

Bring in Osorio, Jozy as subs to get them ready for the playoffs.
    It's a regular season game too though. And we've already dropped 4 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Right.

Play the strongest 11 and work in needed subs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fun game to watch minus some shoddy defending. I like Piatti a lot. Looks like he and pozuelo could develop into a pretty lethal combo. There are lots of things to be happy about after watching that game.

I'll also just say that while I was skeptical about this tournament before, I am enjoying it. Having gone through months of zero sports, it's comforting to be able to watch one of my clubs in action again. also I like the on field audio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking out loud here: we look so stacked through midfield and in the front 6 it almost seems like a problem.

How would we balance playing time of 3 in-form strikers if not for Achara’s injury? Can you keep all our wingers / fullbacks / Osorio / Delgado / Fraser / etc... happy?

To me the solution is clear: trade away some some of that quality on the attacking side and in return shore up the CB ranks so we don’t have to imminently worry about bomb scare defending the second we make a sub.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Thinking out loud here: we look so stacked through midfield and in the front 6 it almost seems like a problem.

How would we balance playing time of 3 in-form strikers if not for Achara’s injury? Can you keep all our wingers / fullbacks / Osorio / Delgado / Fraser / etc... happy?

To me the solution is clear: trade away some some of that quality on the attacking side and in return shore up the CB ranks so we don’t have to imminently worry about bomb scare defending the second we make a sub.
    Until injuries, lack of form hits and then scrambling for depth. But I'm okay with that. The kids need to play. We just need to accept that playing the kids might mean lack of trophies/success.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    What are the odds a regular season event continues after this? 50%? I would still play most of the regular starters.

Westburg
    Layrea-OMar-Mavinga-Morrow
    Delgado-Fraser-Pozuelo
    Piatti-Ayo-Gallardo

Subs Osorio, Nelson, Jozy etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    Please never use the term "Whitecaps" when describing TFC. ;-)
    Sorry if our post was confusing to you.
    Whitecaps was not used to describe TFC.
    It was a reference to another MLS team in Canada.
    All three Canadian teams are playing in this MLS is Back Tournament.

J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    What are the odds a regular season event continues after this? 50%? I would still play most of the regular starters.
    I can't see the regular season continuing after the tourney. They will face the same obstacles that MLB and NFL are having and the MLS doesn't generate the same amount of income from broadcast and sponsorship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Good win. Great performances again from Pozuelo and Akinola. However, we really need to sort out the centre back positions or we arent going to do anything this season. "We'll score more than you" can be entertaining, but it doesnt win you titles.
    Gets you close (2016)....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2 goals suffered against DC were on Ciman. Yesterday, even if a tad harsh, one was also on Ciman.
    Let him go. Trade someone from the midfield to get us TWO decent substitutes at the back. Omar is slowing down too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Until injuries, lack of form hits and then scrambling for depth. But I'm okay with that. The kids need to play. We just need to accept that playing the kids might mean lack of trophies/success.
    there’s a few different ways to slice it.

You might be trading a young player in return for a sturdy but unspectacular CB who is ready to contribute today. We would just have to accept we might kick ourselves a few years down the road if that young player works out. Yet, if we kept that player, we might not develop them anyway (given lack of available minutes).

We were once offered a “six figure” fee for Okello. Hard to tell if we are any better off for having kept him on board. Not really clear what we have and it doesn’t look like we will be finding out anytime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    there’s a few different ways to slice it.

You might be trading a young player in return for a sturdy but unspectacular CB who is ready to contribute today. We would just have to accept we might kick ourselves a few years down the road if that young player works out. Yet, if we kept that player, we might not develop them anyway (given lack of available minutes).

We were once offered a “six figure” fee for Okello. Hard to tell if we are any better off for having kept him on board. Not really clear what we have and it doesn’t look like we will be finding out anytime soon.
    Noble Okello is turning 20 in 3 days. I'd say there is still more than enough time to figure it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo's 3rd goal. Should there not have been a foul prior to the goal? He took out the Montreal defender and neither one had the ball. AFAIK shoulder to shoulder doesn't count when it's off the ball/not making an attempt on the ball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Ayo's 3rd goal. Should there not have been a foul prior to the goal? He took out the Montreal defender and neither one had the ball. AFAIK shoulder to shoulder doesn't count when it's off the ball/not making an attempt on the ball.
    Well I dunno, Mavinga also touched the ball before contacting the Montreal player on the penalty, so I'm not going to worry about it.

And if in doubt, I would say BLOCK, NO CHARGE!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Shoulder to shoulder & with a little arm involved - that's a foul in some leagues but rarely in MLS where we just call it "strength".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    The 2 goals suffered against DC were on Ciman. Yesterday, even if a tad harsh, one was also on Ciman.
    Let him go. Trade someone from the midfield to get us TWO decent substitutes at the back. Omar is slowing down too.
    No way they trade Ciman. Remember the reason he signed here was because it's closest to Montreal where he lives because of his daughters care. Montreal was ripped when they traded him after promising not to. MLSE will ride it out rather than take the negative publicity.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the unlikely nature of TFC playing a home game again this season, which puts the season into serious doubt, the team should stand pat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Shoulder to shoulder & with a little arm involved - that's a foul in some leagues but rarely in MLS where we just call it "strength".
    I'm glad that's not a foul in MLS. I really don't mind a little shoulder-to-shoulder action.