Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A delay, TFC has yet to arrive at the pitch.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Jozy not even in the 23
    I predicted he wouldn't show for the tournament. Thought I was wrong, but maybe not, maybe he is just keeping it quiet.

Also OK who am I kidding. I surrender. I will watch.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TSN saying game has been delayed "a significant period of time" - no explanation yet DCU at the ground, TFC not yet.

Nobody mentioning weather

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praying for a false positive

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if they will fine the Reds, this is crazy, multiple tests now.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game postponed per KJ on twitter

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must not speculate ....must not speculate but....holy shit.

Goff is on site, BTW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This tournament is idiotic.

Bring them home.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine (if they are even thinking of playing this game) that they will want to postpone the game and have to play in the mid day heat...none of this is worth all the trouble..they shouldn't have re-started without all the teams

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must not speculate ....must not speculate but....holy shit.

Goff is on site, BTW.
    Interesting that Steve is on the ground at Disney, anyone there from Toronto, maybe Buffery?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FFS

Too many variables.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS can spin this that the bubble is working because they caught a positive case, but that proves only that testing works. It does nothing to suggest the bubble is worth anything. You've got most of the league as sitting ducks in one of the worst spots for this virus in the world right now. Not a good look just so you can use an ok sports facility with Cameras setup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its apparently an inconclusive test for TFC, a positive one for DC. If the spread is within the bubble this tourney is over. But there is now a chance this could be played at 8 pm tonight. Will be interesting to see how this day develops. This entire thing is built on trust.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could be the beginning of the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the SKC game tonight gets cancelled too, then this tournament will surely be over, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn it. Will we ever get to see them play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    MLS can spin this that the bubble is working because they caught a positive case, but that proves only that testing works. It does nothing to suggest the bubble is worth anything. You've got most of the league as sitting ducks in one of the worst spots for this virus in the world right now. Not a good look just so you can use an ok sports facility with Cameras setup.
    In addition to all the other issues -- I'm just not sure that the testing is even working. I haven't heard anywhere near the number of "inconclusive" tests, positive/negative tests and back again, and similar incongruities, in the Bundesliga, EPL, or the other major leagues that have restarted. Is that just because the virus growth is uncontrolled in the US, so with more of the disease in the wild, you get more crazy testing results? And/or does the testing company or other testing details for MLS just plain suck?

Fuck this shit. I bought the TSN Direct 1-month subscription shortly before 9am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very unfortunate. I'm obviously very disappointed, but there are much bigger issues at play. Fingers crossed that this situation gets sorted out and is under control.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That SKC game is not getting cancelled, apparently. They arrived on the 5th - likely a case brought along with. SKC just going to hope nobody got it from that guy.

BIGGER issue - if the DCU test is confirmed positive, that is possibly an infection from within the bubble - DCU arrived on July 3rd.

If they didn't test them on the 10th (7 days), then could have been brought in. But, my Gawd, that means anybody on that team could have it.

What MLS is completely missing is this

Person x gets Covid

Person x can test negative for 7 days while Covid incubates

During that period, Covid can be transmitted by person x to person y

Person y can test negative for 7 days

And so it goes

Once you have a person within the bubble with Covid, all people who contacted should be quarantined for 7 days

Otherwise, Covid will spread.

MLS did not have the 7 day quarantine for each team (mistake) & does not have a quarantine now in response to positive tests due to somebody bringing it with them

Speculation is MLS & DCU wanted to play this game regardless. TFC completely refused.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I haven't heard anywhere near the number of "inconclusive" tests, positive/negative tests and back again, and similar incongruities, in the Bundesliga, EPL, or the other major leagues that have restarted. Is that just because the virus growth is uncontrolled in the US, so with more of the disease in the wild, you get more crazy testing results? And/or does the testing company or other testing details for MLS just plain suck?
    They probably use the quick tests most often, like pregame and for random testing but those have a lot of inconclusive results. Depending on who made them, they can be junk. I assume now they've been swabbed and they're getting lab tested. That's the only accurate way to do it but it takes longer. I don't see this match happening tonight at 8pm either. That's a lot of tests to do this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speculation is MLS & DCU wanted to play this game regardless. TFC completely refused.
    Which seems perfectly in line with them delaying their arrival due to concerns and precautions AND pulling TFCII out of USL1 rather than having players travel all over the USA (for a D3 league - I'm not sure what precautions that league is taking, but as a D3 league, how much money do they have to even put in place protocols).

While I really wanted to finally be able to see our team play again, I'm extremely proud of our team not caving in to money and other shenanigans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was the lineup for our club if game were to be played before the postponement, little curious if Altidore is healthy why he wasnt even put on the bench, i know Altidore was late to arrive back to Toronto, but to be not even on the bench seems a little suspect to me

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...88357633073152

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of these games account for season points and standings, no? So if a team has a positive case and have to pull out, they get no points in the season. Is that correct? I’m thoroughly confused by all of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    Some of these games account for season points and standings, no? So if a team has a positive case and have to pull out, they get no points in the season. Is that correct? I’m thoroughly confused by all of this.
    Only the group games count. Teams that pull out would supposedly play the 3 make up games at some point. Early reports were Dallas and Nashville would probably play multiple make up games against each other since they would both be short 3 games due to not participating

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Only the group games count. Teams that pull out would supposedly play the 3 make up games at some point. Early reports were Dallas and Nashville would probably play multiple make up games against each other since they would both be short 3 games due to not participating
    Like a Tournament B Pool. We will see how many more teams enter that pool before all is said and done. Yikes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the whole "group games count towards the regular season" or whatever, is a complete joke anyway. If they can't play games consistently with all the teams "in the bubble" how the hell do they expect to continue with the regular season afterwards? Nothing in the way the disease is spreading in the US, and the reactions to that, tell me that things will be remotely stable in a month or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    This tournament is idiotic.

Bring them home.
    Agreed, enough already. The league is embarrassing itself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    This was the lineup for our club if game were to be played before the postponement, little curious if Altidore is healthy why he wasnt even put on the bench, i know Altidore was late to arrive back to Toronto, but to be not even on the bench seems a little suspect to me

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status...88357633073152
    Keep hearing lack of fitness. I guess while everyone else trained hard during quarantine, Jozy did other things. There's really no excuse to not be near game shape by the start of the tournament.