Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The players are obviously not in total game shape, but still fun to watch. Bedoya with the goal to put Philly up currently.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Nani with a winner for Orlando at the death. Not the prettiest game, but the effort level and intensity was better than I expected.
    Terminology like this is normally fine, but seems a little sinister during the Covid Cup.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the testing company they are using - isn't very good

This is funny too

Looking forward to hearing the guys yell on Sunday morning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what I loved about attending TFC II games last year, you could hear all the dialogue from the pitch. It certainly will be fun hearing it during these Disney games, will make for some interesting entertainment if not colorful.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So the testing company they are using - isn't very good

This is funny too

Looking forward to hearing the guys yell on Sunday morning.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Various reports providing the expected news

Nashville out

Chicago moves to Group B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Terminology like this is normally fine, but seems a little sinister during the Covid Cup.
    My bad. In the final minutes*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Various reports providing the expected news

Nashville out

Chicago moves to Group B
    I like when common sense reigns victorious.

On that same thought, theoretically you could have Dallas and Nashville play each other twice prior to the fall restart to get them an easy 2 games back while adhering to what you'd see in a traditional MLS season (max 2 matches vs an opponent). Now what to do about game 3?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    I like when common sense reigns victorious.

On that same thought, theoretically you could have Dallas and Nashville play each other twice prior to the fall restart to get them an easy 2 games back while adhering to what you'd see in a traditional MLS season (max 2 matches vs an opponent). Now what to do about game 3?
    Perhaps other teams didn't all play an equal number of games before the shutdowns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Perhaps other teams didn't all play an equal number of games before the shutdowns?
    Hadn't considered that but upon further review all teams were at 2GP. Had to check Wiki because MLS Standings page auto redirects you to the MLS is Back standings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first game with TFC ramifications goes tonight with the Impact taking on the Revs. Guessing we are rooting for a draw? I feel like the Revs might be the sleeper team in the group.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first game with TFC ramifications goes tonight with the Impact taking on the Revs. Guessing we are rooting for a draw? I feel like the Revs might be the sleeper team in the group.
    You can never rule out a Bruce Arena coached team. And Bou and Gil are legit ballers.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just turned on TSN. Wileman and Caldwell calling the game. So guess tfc will have them not the espn announcers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Just turned on TSN. Wileman and Caldwell calling the game. So guess tfc will have them not the espn announcers
    Can't wait to find out what country Jonathan Osorio represents in international competition 8000 times Sunday morning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buksa is gonna score a ton of goals in MLS. Just has that knack for finding half chances and with Gil and Bou feeding him the ball, easy money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revs looked dangerous. Need a bit of polish on finishing, but that's expected after COVID.

IMFC... it's going to be a long season for Henry. Unbalanced roster that doesn't have a gamebreaker.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the second best result for us. Puts pressure on Montreal for our second game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bunch of great saves in the NE - Montreal game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So again while watching last night (and besides the large superimposed Adidas logo in the centre of the pitch), they have large screen's superimposed behind each net showing fan's cheering. I'm curious who this is for or if it's odd to anyone else? The screens are not actually at the game therefore the players are not benefiting from seeing any of the fans cheering for them, its' only the people watching the televised broadcast that will see it. So is it for the people watching at home? Also anytime a ball is crossed in...you are unable to see it since it disappears behind the screen haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure ESPN wasn't carrying the game in the US last night, but TSN will have their guys call the Canadian teams' games, regardless.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have their little things that annoy people for sure but I find them far less annoying than the ESPN guys and there are lots of pauses when the TSN guys are not talking so we can just watch the game with it's natural sounds unlike the ESPN guys who think they need to be rambling about something for every minute of the game without taking a breath.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    I'm pretty sure ESPN wasn't carrying the game in the US last night, but TSN will have their guys call the Canadian teams' games, regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    They have their little things that annoy people for sure but I find them far less annoying than the ESPN guys and there are lots of pauses when the TSN guys are not talking so we can just watch the game with it's natural sounds unlike the ESPN guys who think they need to be rambling about something for every minute of the game without taking a breath.
    Games are on both ESPN and Fox on the US, was great having Taylor Twellman calling the opener. He is one of my favourite guys on this side of the pond on air these days , pulls no punches and is well connected, saying how he sees it. Mr. Caldwell is coming into his own, much more comfortable these days and to be honest much harder to call a game from monitor than live in the stadium, you can get tripped up at times by no fault of your own.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Games are on both ESPN and Fox on the US, was great having Taylor Twellman calling the opener. He is one of my favourite guys on this side of the pond on air these days , pulls no punches and is well connected, saying how he sees it. Mr. Caldwell is coming into his own, much more comfortable these days and to be honest much harder to call a game from monitor than live in the stadium, you can get tripped up at times by no fault of your own.
    Twellman has some potential for the reasons you mention but he just needs to realize that we are not tuning into the broadcast for his attempt at standup comedy and since he is nowhere near funny in any way he should just leave that out and call the soccer game only. For all we know maybe the producers are saying to try to be funny so maybe not his fault but eventually they all have to realize it is not working. The other guy tries to be his straight man with their favorite topic about how many games they still have to work together for.....I am embarrassed for them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke article today pretty much indicates team pissed off they have to leave safe Toronto for unsafe Florida & to a man determined to make the rest of the league pay for this - playing for the pride of the city taking a different turn here, it seems.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke article today pretty much indicates team pissed off they have to leave safe Toronto for unsafe Florida & to a man determined to make the rest of the league pay for this - playing for the pride of the city taking a different turn here, it seems.
    That's good to hear!

Has any journalist asked TFC why Jozy didn't travel to Toronto earlier, so he could have done his 14-day quarantine and still fully trained with the team? Really too bad if he's not fully available right off the bat, after all his history. My impression: Jozy is generally quite fit compared to previous years, but probably missing game fitness plus lack of time to gel with the rest of the team in its current configuration.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A sporting KC player has tested positive. This is not looking good at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Gotta say Jon Champion is a voice I truly respect in world football, but he can be a bit much for some people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrick Mullins will probably win the Golden Boot for this tourney when he nets a brace Sunday morning. The goals are definitely missing so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patrick Mullins will probably win the Golden Boot for this tourney when he nets a brace Sunday morning. The goals are definitely missing so far.
    I feel like if someone is willing to make the runs they could make some $$ playing with Pozuelo, Piati, Osorio, etc. Just need some pace to get to the back post.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I feel like if someone is willing to make the runs they could make some $$ playing with Pozuelo, Piati, Osorio, etc. Just need some pace to get to the back post.
    That is why the Achara injury is so awful for him and for the team. Finally had someone who could give Jozy a break. Re-watched the finals, we dominated the first half but couldn’t finish. So looking forward to tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”