Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The Athletic tweeted the other day about the Canadian teams playing each other 6 times each starting in late August while the American based teams play inter-conference matches. The feeling is that the travel issues would be solved in September and then the Canadian teams remaining 12 matches could resume against their respective conferences. Most teams out of the tournament have already resumed training but I assume we're doing at home isolation training for another 10 days or so. The date bandied about was an August 22 restart and the teams still in the tourney shouldn't need a lot of rest as the schedule isn't much different than standard MLS fixtures. As for Dallas & Nashville getting in shape. That's their problem. I advise them to avoid going away parties from here on out unless they want to forfeit the rest of the season.
    If the US does not sort itself out and the border restrictions are not lifted it would be funny if the three Canadian teams only played among themselves the rest of the way. They can play at BMO Field if they want, nothing in the way of that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red cb toronto View Post
    if the us does not sort itself out and the border restrictions are not lifted it would be funny if the three canadian teams only played among themselves the rest of the way. They can play at bmo field if they want, nothing in the way of that.
    tfc 18-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be surprised if they did another tourney in Orlando come Nov/Dec. The NHL and NBA will be done. No way MLB and NFL continue in a non-bubble way. ESPN or whoever will need content.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFL is on equal par with College Football in the US for religious status, with the added bonus of being less potential bozo eruption points - 30 odd teams compared to 500 or so.

If anybody is going to be allowed to ignore Covid in 2020, it's them

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    NFL is on equal par with College Football in the US for religious status, with the added bonus of being less potential bozo eruption points - 30 odd teams compared to 500 or so.

If anybody is going to be allowed to ignore Covid in 2020, it's them
    On the other hand, folks have mentioned that many NFL players (and at least some of their families) probably have more COVID-19 risk factors than your average pro athlete, or even than your average adult...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    On the other hand, folks have mentioned that many NFL players (and at least some of their families) probably have more COVID-19 risk factors than your average pro athlete, or even than your average adult...
    Couple that with a lot of players finding their voice on social media (and not just the liberal ones) and you have a recipe for a lot of sturm. I just don't know if the guys running NFL ultimately care - there are thousands of people in each team's city who will gladly step into packed stadiums to watch their teams. If TV will show those games, NFL types will let those revenues flow.

Every time an MLS story discusses opening up games to fans, there are quite a few tweets from people who say "DO IT, I'll be there!". Guys like Arthur Blank will gladly figure out a way to have people 6 feet apart just to make his friend Trump look better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note - viewership numbers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando look a decent side. Credit goes to Pareja who is a proper coach in this league.

Nice to see their fans have something to cheer about after years of putting up with crap and instability.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portland vs Orlando about to kick off soon
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano