Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Discussion Thread May 28 - 5 Worst Defenders in TFC History -This is Sargent Stadanko




    *******

    As requested - Have at It People

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Strathroy Ont.
    Posts
    842
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hiscanovich was rather atrocious

  3. #3
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,370
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Adam Braz from 2007. He was noted for frequently booting the ball into the stands when there was pressure. Passing was a long ball forward. He later became technical director for the Impact, so I'm sure he knew something about the game.

    Nick Garcia (2009-2010). He had been good once, but by the time he was at TFC he was slow and washed up. Very, very slow. He had a noteworthy own goal that ultimately cost TFC the chance at a post-season in 2009.
    https://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...oronto_fc.html

    Any of those generic eastern European defenders that Preki hired.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-28-2020 at 08:17 AM.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ahmed Kantari. Brought in part way through 2015 on a big salary, and waived half a season later.

  5. #5
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,807
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I spent some time trying to find it but kind of a needle in a haystack now. My favourite RPB thread post of all time was about our defenders and I wish I remembered where it was now. There was a wintery picture of BMO Field and it showed two pylons sitting on the field and the post said something about our defenders' dedication to be out there training at that time of the year. I thought it was hilarious and never forgot it. I think it was around the 2009-2010 offseasons.

    By the way, when looking for that post I came across so many Nick Garcia threads. Man that guy was loved by the masses....haha.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Didn't Miguel Aceval have that wicked free kick goal? Yeah other than that pretty terrible.

    How about the left footed God Andy Iro lol.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I spent some time trying to find it but kind of a needle in a haystack now. My favourite RPB thread post of all time was about our defenders and I wish I remembered where it was now. There was a wintery picture of BMO Field and it showed two pylons sitting on the field and the post said something about our defenders' dedication to be out there training at that time of the year. I thought it was hilarious and never forgot it. I think it was around the 2009-2010 offseasons.

    By the way, when looking for that post I came across so many Nick Garcia threads. Man that guy was loved by the masses....haha.
    I absolutely remember the same pic and post. It was offseason, snowy, and there were a few orange pilons (i remember 3-4) dropped along the center of the field (running long lengthwise of the field, from one net towards the other).

    You're right; the caption was along the lines of our boys at work in the offseason.

    Easily a top 5 post of all time on this forum... quite possibly the best.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    531
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That Ecuadorian guy whose signing was hyped by the club but got cut in training camp. Caicedo?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    6,781
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Adam Braz from 2007.... He later became technical director for the Impact, so I'm sure he knew something about the game.

    BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    The impact are shit, and he is probably one of the reasons why

  11. #11
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Georgetown
    Posts
    2,011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    NICK GARCIA...my god this man drove me mental during the dark ages. Starting lineups were always met by groans when he was on the sheet.

    Besides those that have been listed already, like to add Logan Emory, Aaron Maund (I know he became a regular elsewhere, but he was awful with us), was Usanov any good? I remember him, but I don't remember him playing.....and I plainly just don't like Zavaleta.

    Theres my #1, and 4 people who just haven't been listed.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,733
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How did this thread get to 10 posts without mentioning Andy Iro?

    When the context of acquisition cost is factored in, he is in a league of his own.

    Just to remind, TFC traded a star player who would go on that year to become MLS MVP and Golden Boot winner ... for Iro!
    (actually the trade was for Tchani, who was flipped for Iro a month later)

    ps this is not about the man. I always liked Iro as a person (based on interviews), and he hustled. But he couldn't move at all out there.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-29-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  13. #13
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I spent some time trying to find it but kind of a needle in a haystack now. My favourite RPB thread post of all time was about our defenders and I wish I remembered where it was now. There was a wintery picture of BMO Field and it showed two pylons sitting on the field and the post said something about our defenders' dedication to be out there training at that time of the year. I thought it was hilarious and never forgot it. I think it was around the 2009-2010 offseasons.

    By the way, when looking for that post I came across so many Nick Garcia threads. Man that guy was loved by the masses....haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I absolutely remember the same pic and post. It was offseason, snowy, and there were a few orange pilons (i remember 3-4) dropped along the center of the field (running long lengthwise of the field, from one net towards the other).

    You're right; the caption was along the lines of our boys at work in the offseason.

    Easily a top 5 post of all time on this forum... quite possibly the best.
    [QUOTE=Chevy;850016]
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    so I was walking down by BMO over the weekend.... what a wasteland that place is in the winter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post




    It's nice to know that our back four continue to train throughout the winter. Good work boys, appreciate the dedication!!

    Ask and ye shall receive. This really should be a pinned post on the main forum. Is it possible to pin a post, and not just a thread?

    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...l=1#post850016
    Last edited by Auzzy; 05-29-2020 at 01:57 PM.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    How did this thread get to 10 posts without mentioning Andy Iro?

    When the context of acquisition cost is factored in, he is in a league of his own.

    Just to remind, TFC traded a star player who would go on that year to become MLS MVP and Golden Boot winner ... for Iro!
    (actually the trade was for Tchani, who was flipped for Iro a month later)

    ps this is not about the man. I always liked Iro as a person (based on interviews), and he hustled. But he couldn't move at all out there.
    I mentioned him in my post(7th), but you summed it up better.

  15. #15
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,408
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So many that are so bad...they all morph into each other after awhile.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Auzzy;1919522]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post


    Ask and ye shall receive. This really should be a pinned post on the main forum. Is it possible to pin a post, and not just a thread?

    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...l=1#post850016

    Fantastic!!! Great job. I knew someone that could master the ins and outs of this forum could find it. That post is as classic as there will ever be.

    Thank you for finding that.

  17. #17
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,807
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Auzzy;1919522]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post


    Ask and ye shall receive. This really should be a pinned post on the main forum. Is it possible to pin a post, and not just a thread?

    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...l=1#post850016
    Awesome!!!! That is it. My favourite post of all time. Thanks for letting me see it again. I am going to make a note of the URL and maybe do a screenshot now.....

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,666
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Auzzy;1919522]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post


    Ask and ye shall receive. This really should be a pinned post on the main forum. Is it possible to pin a post, and not just a thread?

    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...l=1#post850016
    damned impressive to find that

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,666
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i had to look up Fellinga and Gomez, and barely remember Tebily.

  20. #20
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Globetrotter;1919525]
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post


    Fantastic!!! Great job. I knew someone that could master the ins and outs of this forum could find it. That post is as classic as there will ever be.

    Thank you for finding that.
    [QUOTE=Joe Kool;1919526]
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

    Awesome!!!! That is it. My favourite post of all time. Thanks for letting me see it again. I am going to make a note of the URL and maybe do a screenshot now.....
    [QUOTE=MightyDM;1919527]
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

    damned impressive to find that
    Funny thing is: Chevy screwed up the quoting from Parkdale in his epic post. I tried to fix it in my post today, but the forum software wouldn't let me, kept on reverting to the broken quote. And now the error carries over to your quotes of my post; and again to my quotes of your responses! It's just part of the legacy of Chevy's post!

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    2,743
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nick Garcia was that stubby guy on everyone's beer league team who brings the balls and fills out the team sheet, so you let him have a few shifts at left back (because he's left footed) but shelter him with your fastest players.

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,651
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hated Jim Brennan.
    Last edited by 69Chevy396; 06-01-2020 at 06:50 PM.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=MightyDM;1919527]
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

    damned impressive to find that
    Very impressive. I couldn't even find it!

  24. #24
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    271
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was waiting for someone to say — Blame Parkdale

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Richard;1919512]Didn't Miguel Aceval have that wicked free kick goal? /QUOTE]

  26. #26
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,879
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    That Ecuadorian guy whose signing was hyped by the club but got cut in training camp. Caicedo?
    Yep, Geovanny Caicedo.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geovanny_Caicedo

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  27. #27
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    6,892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Chevy;1919603]
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post

    Very impressive. I couldn't even find it!
    OMG it's the legend, Chevy! I bow before you for the original post!

    And I found it because I had reposted it a few years ago. At that time, Parkdale actually re-uploaded the original photo to a different picture hosting site, because the previous hosting site had died.

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=Auzzy;1919616]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post

    OMG it's the legend, Chevy! I bow before you for the original post!

    And I found it because I had reposted it a few years ago. At that time, Parkdale actually re-uploaded the original photo to a different picture hosting site, because the previous hosting site had died.
    Thank you, Sir. It's the post that never dies. I didn't think it was terribly funny to be honest. The pylons at BMO were lined up North/South rather than East/West. But then again, with our defending in the early years.....

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •