RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Discussion Thread May 20 - Best Beer or Food at BMO

For a lot of us, going to a game also includes libations & gastronomic delights.

BMO has had lots of different beers and food over the years.

What's been the best & worst?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BEER GARDEN

I was right there when Miggie Canizalez broke the 88,000 minute goalless streak. Tuborg in hand.

First Canadian to score in an MLS game at BMO.

So: answer is Tuborg, with a pulled pork sandwich. They have always done a great job on those, going back to the beginning. You can keep your chip butties or whatever.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-20-2020 at 08:20 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked the soft taco stand. Delicious and nutritious, although like all things BMO Field a little expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Porchetta sandwich with extra crispy skin, arugula and sauce. Available on the east side concourse at the front.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually try to limit my purchasing of food/drink at BMO due to the price and the fact that I usually always have 3 family members with me to buy for as well so it adds up quick. For a while my regular purchase was a Smoke's poutine but now that I have one near my house it became less of a thing when I went to the stadium. When wanting something more healthy I used to buy the Shwarmanator (or however you spell it) but then last year they wouldn't sell it on it's own and you were forced to buy chips with it and they increased the price by about $6 for a handful of potato chips so I stopped buying that. I used to like the Chip Butty and the Chicken Chip Butty as a treat here and there when it was available. These days I usually just get an order of fries from the Frites stand on the southeast corner by the top of 112. Their fresh cut fries are very good and reasonable deal compared to other stuff. My kids get a pizza slice because they swear it tastes better in the stadium then anywhere else....haha. I try to eat before I go though most times. I used to like Island Foods for a roti as a pregame meal but now they are gone. Less and less options down there. I don't have the time or money to hit a bar every time for food/drinks pregame.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss the pie guys under S104 (now Pizza Pizza next to the Porchetta guys), the arancini, and scotch eggs were good treats back when they were doing the 'international' menus and changing it up every year.

Summer games its now Porchetta with extra fancy mayo and onions, cold weather games its Poutine.

Will say tho sacrilege or not - the best stadium food I've had hands down was Seattle - soft pulled pork tacos. We lined up for second and thirds! (Mind you I only have Saputo and BMO to compare to).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive moved off the draft beer in recent seasons. Just not sure how often they clean out the lines.
    Usually will grab a goose island can now. I do miss the tuborg days.
    Losing island foods was painful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Losing island foods was painful.
    I still go to the one on Don Mills when I am in the area just to get an occasional fix. Unfortunately not in that area that much anymore. First they left the Food Building at the Ex (Ex doubled their rent) and now gone from King St next (condo developer buying property from landlord). Too bad. Best roti I have ever tasted. I even buy their bottled hot sauce when I am at the Don Mills location so I can add it to other rotis I get local to me. Not the same but....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favorite Food:

Season 1, played out like this...

Security: you can't bring an apple into the stadium
    Wife: fine (hands over to security). Where can we get something healthy/similar?
    Security: ask the vendors
    Vendor: go to the upper north corner, they have fruit cups.
    Me: That's not really fruit, or healthy. We go there anyways.
    Wife: 1 fruit cup please.
    Vendor: sorry, we dont have any now.
    Wife: So you dont have anything in the stadium? Can I have my apple back?

Favorite beer:
    The medley of many beers that were sprayed and poured all over me and others and ended up with lots in the mouth after Cheyrou's extra time goal vs MTL 2016 semi finals.

Least favorite beer:
    The same beer medley when i was pulled over later that night at a "ride program".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long live the chip butties LOL never understood those. It was a running joke between my brother and I for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    BEER GARDEN

I was right there when Miggie Canizalez broke the 88,000 minute goalless streak. Tuborg in hand.

First Canadian to score in an MLS game at BMO.

So: answer is Tuborg, with a pulled pork sandwich. They have always done a great job on those, going back to the beginning. You can keep your chip butties or whatever.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there for the pies and caught the last year of Carlsberg before that change. Missed the Boddingtons until the Mill Street stuff started showing up. Been having a Chippie draft from the South End for the last couple of years until I started having the house red delivered to my seat. If I could get a decent beer delivered to me (i.e. not Bud- sorry I just can't drink anything that tastes like the beer of the 70's), I would go for that.

Have enjoyed the Beyond meat burger and agree with the "you added chips, and $6" thinking. The food is good but expensive now.

I must say, I enjoyed the Amsterdam beer at the Cork before the last home game - and the personal pizza was excellent - looking forward to doing that again in 2021.