Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yes it's really hard to predict how things will go. However one bit of good news: they will start producing millions of doses of multiple vaccines while those vaccines are still being tested. Massive amounts of vaccines will probably be discarded if they don't work so well in the large-scale tests. However for any vaccines that do prove to work, they will be available much quicker than has ever been the case before.
    Don't count on any legit vaccines anytime soon or ever, unless for them a legit vaccine has the efficiency of the annual flu shot (1.5% to 8% effective). I trust the nobel prize winning immunologists who mention the fasted vaccine ever created took 4 years and they've been working on a coronavirus vaccine since SARS and made it exactly nowhere.

Best hope is this high CBD Sativa mouthwash from Alberta that Health Canada invested in becomes readily available. Then we're talking.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Don't count on any legit vaccines anytime soon or ever, unless for them a legit vaccine has the efficiency of the annual flu shot (1.5% to 8% effective). I trust the nobel prize winning immunologists who mention the fasted vaccine ever created took 4 years and they've been working on a coronavirus vaccine since SARS and made it exactly nowhere.

Best hope is this high CBD Sativa mouthwash from Alberta that Health Canada invested in becomes readily available. Then we're talking.
    When I read stuff like this I like to ask the questions following questions, and I suggest that you do so also of your sources: Where did you get this information? How did you come to these conclusions?

From what I've read stage 2 trials are very promising for a couple of vaccines. Researchers are showing a high degree of immune response in the blood. Now it needs to be tested in real life but their confidence levels are high.
    COVID-19 is very different from an influenza virus, which mutates extremely quickly. The mutations in COVID-19 have been small and are not expected to affect how well a vaccine works. SARS-1 actually had work started on a promising vaccine, but funding dried up when the disease disappeared.

Here's a legitimate website on what treatments are being researched. This website only cites legitimate medical sources and peer-reviewed journals: https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...id-19#Vaccines

As far as CBD curing COVID-19, that is false: https://lfpress.com/cannabis-news/fa...-f1b665f49ba8/
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-18-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the US was doing it right, the more likely scenario would be a die out of the disease.

But, the US isn't doing it right.

Anybody else notice the survey of members put out yesterday - asked about streaming and premium content.

My biggest complaint was when asked how much I would pay for premium content (beyond what the normal stream would have), it set a minimum of $4 a game. I get they are going to maximise revenue streams but I'm already a member - ur going to ask me to pay a premium when you've got my money tied up?!?!?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. I just got the survey and was filling it out and when I got to the question about how much you would be willing to pay. Right above the slider bar (starting at $4) it says the second screen service does not include the stream for the game, it would just be statistics and camera angles.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Anybody else notice the survey of members put out yesterday - asked about streaming and premium content.

My biggest complaint was when asked how much I would pay for premium content (beyond what the normal stream would have), it set a minimum of $4 a game. I get they are going to maximise revenue streams but I'm already a member - ur going to ask me to pay a premium when you've got my money tied up?!?!?!
    Haha. That was my comment as well. There is no option for "not willing to pay an extra cent" so I had to pick $4 to proceed to the next question. I told them in the comment section I already have a membership so if they want to make it virtual and add second screen or other features as added value I am ok with it but it should not cost me a cent as a member when they are already holding my money. Use my interest that is accumulating on my membership money to pay for it.

I also noticed that they asked if the financial incentive offered for food/merch was a reason I would continue my membership into next year but they haven't officially offered that to us TFC members unless I missed something. I know they offered it to the Leafs/Raptors already. Our TFC offer/options were still to come in the next week or two. I guess the survey people are not in sync with the ticketing department.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Haha. That was my comment as well. There is no option for "not willing to pay an extra cent" so I had to pick $4 to proceed to the next question. I told them in the comment section I already have a membership so if they want to make it virtual and add second screen or other features as added value I am ok with it but it should not cost me a cent as a member when they are already holding my money. Use my interest that is accumulating on my membership money to pay for it.

I also noticed that they asked if the financial incentive offered for food/merch was a reason I would continue my membership into next year but they haven't officially offered that to us TFC members unless I missed something. I know they offered it to the Leafs/Raptors already. Our TFC offer/options were still to come in the next week or two. I guess the survey people are not in sync with the ticketing department.
    I said the same... I did add, don't ever to try to go exclusive with DAZN, tbh I have completely lost all interest in Premier League even before the pandemic (and I was loving the Liverpool story, they aren't even my club). I have good bandwidth at home and I had to watch games on my iPAD because the TV stream was so unreliable. Even on the iPad at times the streaming was so bad...pissed off at Premier League for making Canada the guinea pig. So anything they offer needs to be incremental to getting our basic feeds on cable and as members we should get it for free this year.

Looking forward to July!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Sorry for getting off topic here but I don't think live TFC games will ever be available on DAZN (the viewer exposure just isn't there). I'm guessing the days of other MLS games on DAZN are numbered. It makes sense to me that One Soccer will push for them hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I read on twitter that TFC was practicing in a 4-4-2?

Would this be our first 11?

Westberg
    Auro - Gonzalez – Mavinga – Morrow
    Delgado – Bradley -Pozuelo - Osorio
    Piatti-Altidore

(Of course, this leaves out Laryea, Ciman, DeLeon, Fraser, Gallardo, Akinola, Nelson and Achara--a good problem to have!)

What will we see in ~2 weeks?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I think I read on twitter that TFC was practicing in a 4-4-2?

Would this be our first 11?

Westberg
    Auro - Gonzalez – Mavinga – Morrow
    Delgado – Bradley -Pozuelo - Osorio
    Piatti-Altidore

(Of course, this leaves out Laryea, Ciman, DeLeon, Fraser, Gallardo, Akinola, Nelson and Achara--a good problem to have!)

What will we see in ~2 weeks?
    I think that has to be our top starting lineup. I would also imagine positioning for Pozuelo and Piatti would be quite fluid, with Piatti drifting out to the wing and Pozuelo below Jozy.

With a condensed schedule and additional substitutions I think there would be a fair bit of squad rotation, with Laryea, Ciman, DeLeon being the first three off the bench and others brought in as the situation dictates.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect to see a lot of Gallardo in this tournament, assuming it happens.

He should have an edge in the high heat and humidity, relative to others.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow case numbers going nuts in Florida, I was hoping it wouldn’t get that bad, but not really surprising. The issue may be cases among the hotel workers, resort staff, bus drivers etc that will be working for the MLS teams. Also one Inter Miami player tested positive, not surprising either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I think that has to be our top starting lineup. I would also imagine positioning for Pozuelo and Piatti would be quite fluid, with Piatti drifting out to the wing and Pozuelo below Jozy.

With a condensed schedule and additional substitutions I think there would be a fair bit of squad rotation, with Laryea, Ciman, DeLeon being the first three off the bench and others brought in as the situation dictates.
    Achara was on fire pre shut down, so I can see him gunning for a spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see Achara playing a lot too. I could easily see both him and Gallardo starting, with Piatti eased in (or just held out).

The injury risk to a Piatti or a Jozy in these conditions is off the charts btw... it's actually really hard to have even one or two good grass fields in the summer in Florida. But they will need to use a lot more given all these teams... they will have to practice on crap high school fields or similar

I expect there will be “excess” broken ankles and ACL tears down there.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-19-2020 at 06:04 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Jays shut down their training camp today after a player tested positive. 5 Phillies tested positive.

Chances IMO of this tournament going ahead without being a shit show are not very high.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. Baseball was the last league to shut down, doing preseason games with fans the weekend after the NBA shut down. And they were doing autograph signings all that weekend. And they're not centrally regulating their approach.

The MLS plan is only as good as the people involved stick to it. Train safely, then travel, then bubble (although they're not really bubbling given on site staff are travelling in and out). Could work. But if one gets in, its going to be a BIG mess.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some discussion in this article

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/coro...imi-story.html

The Orlando CEO is....an idiot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. Baseball was the last league to shut down, doing preseason games with fans the weekend after the NBA shut down. And they were doing autograph signings all that weekend. And they're not centrally regulating their approach.

The MLS plan is only as good as the people involved stick to it. Train safely, then travel, then bubble (although they're not really bubbling given on site staff are travelling in and out). Could work. But if one gets in, its going to be a BIG mess.
    Baseball shut down the day after the NBA on March 12. The Jays played one of the last games before everything was suspended. The weekend before the players were signing a bunch of items in the locker room and handed them out, to not be handing items back and fourth and touching multiple pens. Sports in general is turning into a mess as the leagues are starting to try and restart. After the new cases among 11 MLB teams , it has been announced that all teams are planning on doing spring training in their owns cities minus the Jays due to the having to isolate for 14 days each time you cross the border. Lots of moving parts here for everyone.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised people (staff) are travelling in and out...I would have thought all working the tournament would have been tested and 'bubbled' for the duration. We should just find them an island and bubble them all in...could have the makings of a reality show spin-off .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    When I read stuff like this I like to ask the questions following questions, and I suggest that you do so also of your sources: Where did you get this information? How did you come to these conclusions?

From what I've read stage 2 trials are very promising for a couple of vaccines. Researchers are showing a high degree of immune response in the blood. Now it needs to be tested in real life but their confidence levels are high.
    COVID-19 is very different from an influenza virus, which mutates extremely quickly. The mutations in COVID-19 have been small and are not expected to affect how well a vaccine works. SARS-1 actually had work started on a promising vaccine, but funding dried up when the disease disappeared.

Here's a legitimate website on what treatments are being researched. This website only cites legitimate medical sources and peer-reviewed journals: https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...id-19#Vaccines

As far as CBD curing COVID-19, that is false: https://lfpress.com/cannabis-news/fa...-f1b665f49ba8/
    I prefer the words of actual scientists above all and there are enough of them questioning everything our leaders and their people are telling us. Moreso I trust the words of a Nobel winning immunologist over doctors with political affiliations.

CBD mouthwash developed at U of L --> https://www.uleth.ca/unews/article/u...s#.XvELIY3Qjcs

https://mgretailer.com/cannabis-news...reat-covid-19/

Vaccine info --->

https://youtu.be/durcHyxpFT4

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...r-than-a-year/

https://www.newscientist.com/article...virus-vaccine/

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/h...vid-19-vaccine

Biggest vaccine issue is that the Covid RNA strain contains a segment from HIV. That in itself will cause a lot of problems in producing an effective vaccine. As for SARS, I hear they never got that far and since Coronaviruses don't mutate much it makes little sense to abandon all attempts to have a vaccine for it just because that particular one dried up. MERS came 6 years later and still nothing and it's 2020. I am absolutely not optimistic of anything worthwhile coming in the vaccine department for years. I do see merit in altering the make up of our ACE receptors though and the mouthwash seems to do it. Perhaps they can modify an ACE inhibitor to block the receptors but not lower blood pressure but that doesn't seem likely.

Expect to live in a Covid world with hightened precautions for a while. I fully expect us at BMO next year, with no vaccine, and there probably will be (should be) a 'must wear face coverings' rule along with all kinds of sanitation and distanced washroom areas. Banning food and drink in seats seems smart too because the mask would have to be removed. Maybe they make designated food/beverage areas with distanced high tables.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 06-22-2020 at 03:46 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer the words of actual scientists above all and there are enough of them questioning everything our leaders and their people are telling us. Moreso I trust the words of a Nobel winning immunologist over doctors with political affiliations.

CBD mouthwash developed at U of L --> https://www.uleth.ca/unews/article/u...s#.XvELIY3Qjcs

https://mgretailer.com/cannabis-news...reat-covid-19/
    That's pretty interesting, good find, and a good source, but as the University noted, not yet proven in human studies. It's still theoretical.

Vaccine info --->

https://youtu.be/durcHyxpFT4
    Video designed to scare people, the kind that gets shared like crazy on social media.

He is a Nobel prize winner, however you need to note that his comments were based on a pre-print (not peer reviewed) paper which was later withdrawn by the authors because of errors in methodology. This was not his own research. If the authors had been correct there would be some merit, but the supposed "HIV sequences" are of the type that are likely just coincidence.

Source: https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/04/01/covid-19-bioweapon/

I definitely wouldn't rule out the Chinese government being involved in bioweapon research, I'd say 99% probability they are, but that's a different issue from this virus being one.

All true. It could take a couple of years. It could take 10 years. It's also possible that a safe vaccine or effective treatments will never be discovered and like the Black Death this will hit us for centuries depopulating the earth (if immunity from previous infection is only short-term, we don't know how long immunity will last). There's a lot of debate among scientists about what is possible.

I personally fall on the more optimistic side, though I am not qualified to judge in any way. There are 3 promising vaccines that will be ready for mass use by late next spring at the latest. There are over 100 that will be ready later than that. I am hopeful that there will be a vaccine in time for a late MLS season next year, or at the latest fall of 2021 (so yes, next year at BMO may be without a vaccine).

...and who knows, maybe CBD extract will actually cure Coronavirus. Wouldn't it be nice to have a natural treatment.

Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-22-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and the one thing many in the media never talk about is just your health and improving that improves your immune system which fights viruses. Better nutrition, better sleep, more exercise or physical activity, reduce stress...all proven to improve the immune system which fights viruses....but no, people will just buy gloves and masks and sanitizer and wait for an injection from a pharmaceutical company instead that may or may not help. Not saying that is anyone here, just true of the bulk of the general public out there. Healing and prevention from within is never the approach advocated by the medical profession because that doesn’t make anyone any money.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and the one thing many in the media never talk about is just your health and improving that improves your immune system which fights viruses. Better nutrition, better sleep, more exercise or physical activity, reduce stress...all proven to improve the immune system which fights viruses....but no, people will just buy gloves and masks and sanitizer and wait for an injection from a pharmaceutical company instead that may or may not help. Not saying that is anyone here, just true of the bulk of the general public out there. Healing and prevention from within is never the approach advocated by the medical profession because that doesn’t make anyone any money.
    ^ of course it's not binary. I'm all for a holistic approach. You can wear a mask (a really good idea) and also watch your sleep, nutrition, etc.

This isn't advice for anyone else, check with your medical provider, but as an example testing has shown I personally tend to be very low in vitamin D. Some initial indications link low levels of vitamin D to a much higher risk of having severe COVID-19 as opposed to mild/moderate. Not proven yet, but there seems to be a correlation. So I'm currently taking a supplement of 2000-3000 IUs of vitamin D (out of a maximum dose of 4000 IUs), which is a very cheap and easy immune system helper.

That doesn't mean that I won't take a vaccine when it comes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Vitamin D seems to play a key role in helping the immune system fight off the virus.
    A lot of people are VD deficient and it's thought that this will play a big role for wave 2 in the northern parts of North America come winter time.
    Stop eating shit - start eating healthy - get sleep - more physical activity and be sanitary. That is the key to beating this thing.

There's no vaccine for the flu. There won't be a vaccine for this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't advice for anyone else, check with your medical provider, but as an example testing has shown I personally tend to be very low in vitamin D. Some initial indications link low levels of vitamin D to a much higher risk of having severe COVID-19 as opposed to mild/moderate. Not proven yet, but there seems to be a correlation. So I'm currently taking a supplement of 2000-3000 IUs of vitamin D (out of a maximum dose of 4000 IUs), which is a very cheap and easy immune system helper.
    And also melatonin. Some studies found a tie between low melatonin levels and severe cases of Covid. Bonus is that it helps get solid sleeps. I am also doing the Vit D 2000iu daily and also Organo Oil. It's believed I had Covid very early on so no one is sure if I can get it again, but it sucked so bad that doing these small things to improve my immune system is worth it.

As for a vaccine, I won't get one on the first round. I would rather see how it affects the population, see if it's truly effective, and I'm definitely not taking anything until they publish the persevative they're using in it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Countries that require masks had much fewer deaths, like 1/100.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7075024/m...avirus-deaths/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drink above 60%ABV whisky to fight the 'rona.
    Works for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Looking at the timing on the mls website, I imagine the first three games would have 5 days or so in between, so now I'm thinking we may see the same first 11 starting each game, although I think I heard there are additional subs permitted due to the heat?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Looking at the timing on the mls website, I imagine the first three games would have 5 days or so in between, so now I'm thinking we may see the same first 11 starting each game, although I think I heard there are additional subs permitted due to the heat?
    They will be allowed 5 subs, but there will be only 3 sub times for each team, so look at either multiple players being subbed at once, or some getting subbed at the half.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will be allowed 5 subs, but there will be only 3 sub times for each team, so look at either multiple players being subbed at once, or some getting subbed at the half.
    Plus those two water breaks and slightly expanded rosters. These points count towards the season so I figure that will mostly be the A line up.

The knockouts might see some changes though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see Vanney trying out some crazy tactical shifts using some double subs.