Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 458
  1. #391
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Can we cancel a couple of our season seats, and still retain the credit?
    I'd say confirm with your rep.


  2. #392
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SSH 2015 - SEC 111
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If we win the mls is back tourney i want a replica champs ring!

  3. #393
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    spoke to my awesome rep, who always hooks up the swag.
    mentioned that, renewal will be in october.
    the 10 % didnt make sense, since no one knows when fans will be back in the stadium(to cash in on the 10%).
    Real sports also is closed, so really 10% that cant be used made it easier to take a refund.

    They may also consider allowing fans in the stadium in limited capacity if the league season does resume.

    the money you let them hold is more valuable in your bank acct versus their account collecting big interest %.

    Mostly anything you use the 10% towards will be marked up and not really of any value.
    My thinking is that ML$E can cram their 10% credit. I don't buy stuff at the stadium.

    What pisses me off about this is that Manning was all we will make sure to take care of everyone and make it special. That conference call a few months ago gave me hope. So basically they sat on this for this long, only to come back with a similar thing to the Leafs/Raps. Here's some money for overpriced chicken fingers. That's great Bill, truly A1.

    You want to show some solid customer service? Take 10% off next years SSH instead.

  4. #394
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,189
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Athletic saying they are proposing the 3 Canadian teams play each other 6x from mid-August to mid-September and then they are hoping the restrictions to travel/enter Canada would be gone and the remaining games could be concluded within the conference (no idea what happens if restrictions still in place - TFC to pick a “USA” home?! —- all sounds a bit crazy but who knows?!

  5. #395
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    The Athletic saying they are proposing the 3 Canadian teams play each other 6x from mid-August to mid-September and then they are hoping the restrictions to travel/enter Canada would be gone and the remaining games could be concluded within the conference (no idea what happens if restrictions still in place - TFC to pick a “USA” home?! —- all sounds a bit crazy but who knows?!
    It's not crazy at all considering the Jays are doing it.

  6. #396
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,079
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    The Athletic saying they are proposing the 3 Canadian teams play each other 6x from mid-August to mid-September and then they are hoping the restrictions to travel/enter Canada would be gone and the remaining games could be concluded within the conference (no idea what happens if restrictions still in place - TFC to pick a “USA” home?! —- all sounds a bit crazy but who knows?!
    6 games between August 22 and September 13, all against Montreal and Vancouver, 3 at home and 3 in the road. Would not be surprised if they allowed limited fans in the stands in Montreal, knowing the Quebec government. Road trip maybe. You never know.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 07-24-2020 at 08:43 PM.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  7. #397
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    6 games between August 22 and September 13, all against Montreal and Vancouver, 3 at home and 3 in the road. Would not be surprised if they allowed limited fans in the stands in Montreal, knowing the Quebec government. Road trip maybe. You never know.
    And this could be a problem for Toronto FC since BMO Field is being used as one of the venues for the NHL playoffs (not as a playing venue, but a place for the teams to go to for exercises, etc).

    Or maybe they could play out of the BMO Training Grounds during this time since it's unlikely fans will be allowed back in at that time?

  8. #398
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,079
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    And this could be a problem for Toronto FC since BMO Field is being used as one of the venues for the NHL playoffs (not as a playing venue, but a place for the teams to go to for exercises, etc).

    Or maybe they could play out of the BMO Training Grounds during this time since it's unlikely fans will be allowed back in at that time?
    It would not be a problem, if TFC needed the stadium, they would get it, its their stadium. The NHL workout area would be moved elsewhere.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  9. #399
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    7,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It would not be a problem, if TFC needed the stadium, they would get it, its their stadium. The NHL workout area would be moved elsewhere.
    Maybe they would let the NHL players watch the game. LOL.

  10. #400
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From the article

    MLS will allow teams to host fans in stadiums if local guidelines permit them to do so.

    Experience with the USL indicates fans show up with masks & then about 5% stop wearing them. Do I trust Americans to be smart about all this around guys who some of them pathologically despise like Jozy? Nope

  11. #401
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    The Athletic saying they are proposing the 3 Canadian teams play each other 6x from mid-August to mid-September and then they are hoping the restrictions to travel/enter Canada would be gone and the remaining games could be concluded within the conference (no idea what happens if restrictions still in place - TFC to pick a “USA” home?! —- all sounds a bit crazy but who knows?!
    And a further 12 games after that up to November 8, regional games only to limit travel. Top 9 make the playoffs. Article also mentions that Toronto have been making plans to be US based at some point this season, and not clear if Montreal and Vancouver doing the same.

  12. #402
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    116
    Posts
    2,643
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    And a further 12 games after that up to November 8, regional games only to limit travel. Top 9 make the playoffs. Article also mentions that Toronto have been making plans to be US based at some point this season, and not clear if Montreal and Vancouver doing the same.
    I'd think they'd have to be after mid-September ... unless they could come up a deal, where three or six US teams test heavily and quarantine for a week, and then play all the Canadian teams once or twice - with the Canadian teams doing all their US road games afterwards, in one sweep.

  13. #403
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To those of you who have called in, does anyone know what Special Merchandise Credit means? The word special is tripping me up. Will certain things be excluded at the shop at the stadium/real sports? Is this just a generic credit to be used at the stadium for food/drinks/clothes in whatever ratio you desire?

  14. #404
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    To those of you who have called in, does anyone know what Special Merchandise Credit means? The word special is tripping me up. Will certain things be excluded at the shop at the stadium/real sports? Is this just a generic credit to be used at the stadium for food/drinks/clothes in whatever ratio you desire?

    correct.
    cannot be used until the stadium is re-opened so that credit will be sitting there or until real sports has been opened which they said it wasnt at this time.

    really not a difficult decision, the credit is really useless.

  15. #405
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    835
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Major League Baseball is already warning of a potential season shutdown less than a week into their restart. Multiple cases already reported and Miami with a major outbreak of around 20 cases.

    Basically showing what with happen to MLS. No bubble means no safety.


    Report: Manfred threatens shutdown if teams don't follow COVID-19 rules
    https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1993820

  16. #406
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Kickass!
    Posts
    5,351
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Report: Manfred threatens shutdown if teams don't follow COVID-19 rules
    https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1993820
    And if he does, it'll be all on Manfred's head. It was goddamned foolish for MLB to reopen the season with coronavirus cases spiking in the United States.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

  17. #407
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    1,849
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So much bickering in MLB. The players and owners have been at loggerheads for a while. I'm sure Manfred will look for any excuse to blame the players for COVID outbreaks - it could affect player compensation down the road. Not that the players are doing themselves any favours when they do breach distancing guidelines. Both sides have to learn to work together.

  18. #408
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Idiocy looming in USL - LAG2 team has 8 confirmed cases.

  19. #409
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How Canadians feel about the border staying closed:



  20. #410
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,079
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We can fly down to the US anytime we want, looking at what sports events I can attend this fall.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    How Canadians feel about the border staying closed:


    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  21. #411
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    807
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    We can fly down to the US anytime we want, looking at what sports events I can attend this fall.
    How can sports possibly be worth that risk to you?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

  22. #412
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,577
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    How can sports possibly be worth that risk to you?
    I'm personally am not worried about Covid since I had the bastard already but I wouldn't go down because I assume getting travel insurance will be a pain in the ass now and depending on where you go, medical care might be a disaster if something bad happens. Too many potential hassles/problems.

    Not even thinking about anything outside Ontario until next year.

  23. #413
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto - Upper Beaches
    Posts
    3,328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    How can sports possibly be worth that risk to you?
    Plus the two weeks of quarantine when you get back.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

  24. #414
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    SSH 2015 - SEC 111
    Posts
    662
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I work at airport. Can confirm border wide open via air.

  25. #415
    RPB Member Treasurer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Full boar
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes the air borders are open. And there is an advisory to avoid all non-essential international travel until further notice. The government can only do so much to micro manage common sense. And then has to spend resources monitoring post-return quarantines.

    Go camping. Ontario is yours to discover.

  26. #416
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Yes the air borders are open. And there is an advisory to avoid all non-essential international travel until further notice. The government can only do so much to micro manage common sense. And then has to spend resources monitoring post-return quarantines.

    Go camping. Ontario is yours to discover.
    Actually, you should see some of the posts that have been written on the dedicated camping groups on Facebook. Especially first timers who are trying out camping only because there is not much else for them to do/go.

    They are the ones who do not really know about camping etiquette, and end up not respecting the rules, leave when they are supposed, leave the washrooms in a mess, and also leave their garbage everywhere as well.

  27. #417
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Actually, you should see some of the posts that have been written on the dedicated camping groups on Facebook. Especially first timers who are trying out camping only because there is not much else for them to do/go.

    They are the ones who do not really know about camping etiquette, and end up not respecting the rules, leave when they are supposed, leave the washrooms in a mess, and also leave their garbage everywhere as well.
    I mean, I'm a football fan but is there a more annoying group of know-it-alls than camping enthusiasts?

  28. #418
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,700
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't mind camping, just as long as I can stay at a Westin.

  29. #419
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I don't mind camping, just as long as I can stay at a Westin.

    I see. So I'm guessing you would not be interested in the 4 day/3 night backcountry canoe-camping trip that I'm trying to organize for the September long weekend, eh? In the northwestern part of Algonquin.

  30. #420
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,750
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I mean, I'm a football fan but is there a more annoying group of know-it-alls than camping enthusiasts?

    I hear Ted likes to go RVing.... (if you know, you know)

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •