Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do I get the feeling that the NFL is the least COVID conscious of the various sports leagues?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that the NFL is the least COVID conscious of the various sports leagues?
    Because of all the leagues in North America they are the one whose schedule really was not affected by it as they were in their off-season when it hit. Also the nature of the league being one game a week and little travel compared to the other sports makes it a different beast. They do seems to be letting the public health mandates dictate if fans are in the stands. On the other hand the commissioners office in the baseball has decided they do not like the optics of having fans in the stands regardless of what teams can do at the local level, thus we have not seen any.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The NFL can get by, thanks to their huge TV contract. And their games are all inside the continental United States. But I do feel they're being very cavalier about this pandemic!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notre Dame football was the big one for me. Fans seem to have no regard, all with their friends.
    Other college leagues (Big 10), now looking to change mind and start up.
    These are top schools with top science and medical schools, and they are acting as if it's no huge deal.
    NFL is big enough to kinda be above the narrative as well. I think media wouldve roasted MLS for having say 5,000 fans, but won't be as critical of the dallas cowboys.
    I truly think there will be a a full house for the super bowl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Notre Dame football was the big one for me. Fans seem to have no regard, all with their friends.
    These are top schools with top science and medical schools, and they are acting as if it's no huge deal.
    NFL is big enough to kinda be above the narrative as well. I think media wouldve roasted MLS for having say 5,000 fans, but won't be as critical of the dallas cowboys.
    The real science here is: who cares about people’s health and safety if it has to come at the expense of your organizations financial interests?

Seems obvious the version of the truth many are prescribing to is the one that aligns with their own interests. I mean, easy for me to say as someone with a stable job and can work remotely in times like this. But would still like to think if the shoe was on the other foot, I’d do the right thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The real science here is: who cares about people’s health and safety if it has to come at the expense of your organizations financial interests?

Seems obvious the version of the truth many are prescribing to is the one that aligns with their own interests. I mean, easy for me to say as someone with a stable job and can work remotely in times like this. But would still like to think if the shoe was on the other foot, I’d do the right thing.
    Well said. I totally agree. Looking at what has happened in the U.S. has never made me more grateful that I live in Canada.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 09-14-2020 at 08:12 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    That Notre Dame crowd was weird, it seemed like end zone was packed and the sections on the sides were pretty much empty. Was wondering what was up with that. The Cowboys could have in the area of 40K if they sell to their 50% max. The State of Connecticut currently is allowing 25% capacity.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 09-14-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That Notre Dame crowd was weird, it seemed like end zone was packed and the sections on the sides were pretty much empty. Was wondering what was up with that. The Cowboys could have in the area of 40K if they sell to their 50% max. The State of Connecticut currently is allowing 25% capacity.
    I was channel flipping between ND and FSU, and let me tell you from my observations that Notre Dame (while not having a bunch of physical distance) DID have the vast majority of their fans with Masks on in the stands (the only ones I saw clear enough on some shots was one guy here or there not having one while the other 5-10 people around him do and some of the faculty members who were sitting distanced with one or two members of their family).

FSU on the other hand had no masks on what so ever and their student section was a crammed in down by the field as they usually are.

Shows that the mentality is really up to the leadership of the local and school authorities enforcing their own rules.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love these threads that remain incorrectly titled for months.

Bring on the next phase...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER