Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC does wind up being based at Red Bull Arena, at least New York state isn't allowing any attendance at sports events.

Sorry to hear about the state of camping. Sounds like we need some Smokey the Bear interventions.
    That's all I'll say about that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    If TFC does wind up being based at Red Bull Arena, at least New York state isn't allowing any attendance at sports events.

Sorry to hear about the state of camping. Sounds like we need some Smokey the Bear interventions.
    RBA is in New Jersey. The state of New Jersey is allowing events to have crowds of up to 500 people. There have been a handful of minor league baseball games so far in the state with sold out crowds of 500 as allowed.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    RBA is in New Jersey. The state of New Jersey is allowing events to have crowds of up to 500 people. There have been a handful of minor league baseball games so far in the state with sold out crowds of 500 as allowed.
    WTF

I wasn't that opposed to the MLS is Back because it was announced before Florida went stupid and I thought Disney was a smart containment strategy at the time. I wanted to see Piatti and get Jozy back, was stoked about Achara but this is complete stupidity by MLSE if they go down there and re-locate. It isn't like the Jays and playing at their triple A field. They are one of the richest franchises, push back or why not just let Ali have a homecoming and call them the NJFC'ers, the Football club formerly know as TFC. It is just stupid, have some balls and for now, just play in Canada. And if players don't want to come up here... release them.

I would rather them play just Canadian teams and still be TFC. Maybe I should just hang up my TFC scarf, get rid of my tickets and be thankful for the past decade if they go ahead with this plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    WTF

I wasn't that opposed to the MLS is Back because it was announced before Florida went stupid and I thought Disney was a smart containment strategy at the time. I wanted to see Piatti and get Jozy back, was stoked about Achara but this is complete stupidity by MLSE if they go down there and re-locate. It isn't like the Jays and playing at their triple A field. They are one of the richest franchises, push back or why not just let Ali have a homecoming and call them the NJFC'ers, the Football club formerly know as TFC. It is just stupid, have some balls and for now, just play in Canada. And if players don't want to come up here... release them.

I would rather them play just Canadian teams and still be TFC. Maybe I should just hang up my TFC scarf, get rid of my tickets and be thankful for the past decade if they go ahead with this plan.
    It's not because players don't want to come up here. Most recognize Canada is much safer than say Florida or California. It's because our government understandably won't allow teams to be going back and forth across the border. Because the US is a shit show.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would likely require the "home team" to acquiesce to such a set up.

Might even require the away team to agree as well.

Not sure TFC would agree to that for home games in Jersey - and if they did, there would be hell to pay.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I work at airport. Can confirm border wide open via air.
    and people are flying in with COVID19. Great.

CTV Toronto: Passengers with COVID-19 keep arriving on international flights in TORONTO.
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/passenger...onto-1.5058347

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine 500 people wanting to travel to Newark for basically any reason but to each their own I guess. The Yankees AA farm team is in a pretty little park in Trenton which I would spend another sunny afternoon in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I can't imagine 500 people wanting to travel to Newark for basically any reason but to each their own I guess. The Yankees AA farm team is in a pretty little park in Trenton which I would spend another sunny afternoon in.
    I will be there loud and proud, flying the RPB flag. Fuck it if I get covid, Toronto Til I Die. I am so done with this shit. Already looking at flights.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be there loud and proud, flying the RPB flag. Fuck it if I get covid, Toronto Til I Die. I am so done with this shit. Already looking at flights.
    WITH U BROTHER...if BS nations (wink wink) like Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, Greece etc can handle limited attendance so can we. OPEN BMO for 1 or 2 K people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a Covid/Politics board somewhere here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    WITH U BROTHER...if BS nations (wink wink) like Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, Greece etc can handle limited attendance so can we. OPEN BMO for 1 or 2 K people
    BS nations? This is sarcasm right? Lol

Also I don't think Greece allowed any limited attendance. They didn't for their end of league matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Really? BS nations...I hope your joking
    Limited attendance...if I was in the players shoes. That's a big nope for me. Just watch at home or at bar.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Is there a Covid/Politics board somewhere here?
    Yes please! There are enough Covidiots doing damage in the real world; really don't want to hear from them on every TFC thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was being sarcastic thus the wink wink about calling those nations BS

Just FYI today Sweden. Latvia. Norway & Ireland are playing games with limited fans. This can be done. The world does not have to be black or white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't have to be black and white but it can have rational priorities. Poll the general population if they think large sporting events should happen just as we get ready to send our kids back to school. I wonder what the consensus on that would be. There will be a point where we can do events safely but if you don't get it right you could be back to large scale shutdowns in no time at all. To me that means the time to YOLO is still not upon us.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can stop trying to shock people with your trolling.

The game is here in Toronto with no supporters in attendance that we've heard so far. So going to New Jersey wouldn't be representing us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiousity, has anyone who requested a refund on seasons tickets received it yet?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Just out of curiousity, has anyone who requested a refund on seasons tickets received it yet?
    Yes, got it a couple of weeks ago.

I preferred the cash to a food credit.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Thanks. I still haven't gotten mine. Probably time to call them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I preferred the food credit to a cash refund

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    I preferred the food credit to a cash refund
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Six hot dogs? Man, your seats must cost a fortune to get enough credit for that many!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB Leipzig will be playing first league game with 8000 spectators (20% of capacity). Deal with the government of Saxony. It'll be interesting to see what other Bundesliga clubs make a deal with their local government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still haven't received mine either. They said I was to receive a cheque

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a note that in the "pause" to Covid reopenings, they specifically said the next thing to open would have been public sports events.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-10-2020 at 11:54 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonights NFL Game Houston v KC, estimate 22% capacity or 17,000 fans

Interesting game day post from KC https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...245596875.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting game day post from KC https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...245596875.html
    17k fans, wow... Around 300 new cases per day in the Kansas City metropolitan area (although the numbers were higher in July), population around 2.15 million. Test positivity rate in the counties of the metro area range from 9.5% to 17.5%. (On the other head, looking at their death numbers, not sure how reliable, but it's obvious how badly ON, QC and other parts of Canada messed up on the LTC homes and other retirement facilities...)

One thing I noticed in some of the MLS games that are allowing a much more limited number of fans in stadium: the overall number of fans in the stands is very low. But there often seem to be clumps of them. And I don't mean 2 to 6 or so together in a row, which may be a family attending together. I mean larger groups, often over 10, together in clumps in adjacent rows. Often including singing and cheering. Masking varies, but is common. Meanwhile other rows and parts of the stadium are totally empty. I wonder how people get assigned to seats, and if there's any enforcement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the Miami Dolphins are letting 13,000 people into their stadium on the 20th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Montreal where they sold 250 tickets for last night's match and their previous two of this phase the average price paid for a ticket was $75 during their bidding process, some could have paid a little less and some more. The seat locations for tickets were assigned after the sale based on if you lived at the same address or not. They only put tickets together if you declared that you did. They also took temp at the gate from what I gather. I do know FC Dallas even with being allowed to have 3,000 to their games did not reach that number for at least one game so people are not rushing back at least to them, now I know would be different for say the NFL.

With these reduced capacity situations if being distanced from others is really important to you, you certainly can do it. It will be interesting to see what TFC's approach would be if they were allowed to say have 3-5K in the stands what the demand would be beyond the hardcore?

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    17k fans, wow... Around 300 new cases per day in the Kansas City metropolitan area (although the numbers were higher in July), population around 2.15 million. Test positivity rate in the counties of the metro area range from 9.5% to 17.5%. (On the other head, looking at their death numbers, not sure how reliable, but it's obvious how badly ON, QC and other parts of Canada messed up on the LTC homes and other retirement facilities...)

One thing I noticed in some of the MLS games that are allowing a much more limited number of fans in stadium: the overall number of fans in the stands is very low. But there often seem to be clumps of them. And I don't mean 2 to 6 or so together in a row, which may be a family attending together. I mean larger groups, often over 10, together in clumps in adjacent rows. Often including singing and cheering. Masking varies, but is common. Meanwhile other rows and parts of the stadium are totally empty. I wonder how people get assigned to seats, and if there's any enforcement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Browns were approved to have approximately 10% capacity in the stadium for their home opener. They will sell 6,000 tickets with 4 pods of 1,500.The variance, which was also granted for the Cincinnati Bengals, will allow no more than 1,500 fans in each quarter of the seating bowl at FirstEnergy Stadium and will require fans to arrive through a designated entrance. Fans will be required to wear masks throughout gameday, including ingress, during the game and egress.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-permitted-to-host-fans-at-firstenergy-stadium-with-approximately-10-perce