Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These Dichio takes are just wrong.

At TFC his goals per 90 were .37, and at TFC Jozy's has been .6, so they are not close. That doesn't even include Jozy's incredible playoff record.

But the differential in service to them both is striking. DD got less than .97 shots per game off, Jozy gets 1.99 per game. That is a massive differential. (Some of that may be Jozy's ability to create, you need to go further into the advance stats to figure that out...)

The efficiency is interesting too. DD had 14 goals on 51 shots (27%), and Jozy has 56 goals on 232 shots (24%).

Jozy isn't the benchmark anyway. Jozy when healthy is one of the 10 best players in league history.

Watch that Dichio video (the crap quality doesn't help, I know, there may be better somewhere). Dichio was a dominant player, when healthy. Also that team wasn't that bad when healthy - nobody seems to remember this. TFC were a near 500 team that had won 5 of 7 and was on a roll mid way through 2007, before they collapsed.

Dichio was pretty damn good, when he played. Problem was that Danny was pretty much done (ie too far gone with injuries) by the time he got here.

Like I said, Oso and Morrow would be ahead of him. But that's a tribute to those two guys, not a slag on Danny.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-28-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff