RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS classic games on mlssoccer.com series

To fill in the vacuum while play is suspended. On mlssoccer.com, the app, YouTube and Facebook.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...es-whats-store

TFC supporters will particularly want to see:

March 24, 8pm TOR v MTL (Nov 30, 2016), EC second leg

March 27, 8pm TOR v SEA (Dec 9, 2017), MLS Cup (also March 28 and 29, 8pm)

Many other classic matches to watch starting tonight.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that two of TFC's games are considered classics by MLS. Personally, I think the 2016 EC second leg was more exciting than MLS Cup 2017, but the latter was historic for sealing the treble. And the great thing is that they'll probably do a recap of the relevant game that preceded each match in order to set the stage. It will be good to relive the memories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 EC second leg was the most memorable TFC game for me ever. It was so back and forth and the standard had been already been set after a wild first leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the first leg. I took my son and his friend, another friend, and a fellow supporter to a game with tickets we got in the nosebleed section. I remember trying to find a parking spot and thinking we'd be late to kickoff (the toothpaste squeeze to get into the Big O was insane that night), only to end up up watching paint dry for 20 minutes.
    After the game, we drove back for two hours while talking about how we all really liked TFC's chances and arrived back in Ottawa by 1am. Epic roadtrip.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting to watch the TFC / MTL game on the screen instead of in the stands.

Several things worth noting:
    1. The intense atmosphere of the game, especially in the second half and extra time.
    2. The back and forth nature of the game.
    3. Cooper! If you are going to score your first ever goal, might as well be a key goal in a playoff game.
    4. Giovinco was largely invisible, and it didn't matter.
    5. Vanney had an excellent strategy for the game, especially with focusing on fixed pieces.
    6. Zavaleta actually had quite a good game.
    7. I miss Tos. A real clutch player.
    8. Moor was a big part of the defence.
    9. A hard fought win by TFC. A classic match. Still one of the best ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this game brought back so many good memories. Both legs were emotional rollercoasters with big swings in momentum. The atmosphere was so intense and I don’t think there’s been a louder match at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to see an outlet in this country do a deal to show Belarusian Premier League , its the only league in Europe still playing. Give me some live footy.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite TFC games. these are in no particular order 2008 TFC beating LA Galaxy on the road, 2016 beating NYFC 2 -0 in the playoffs loudest Ihave seen BMO to that point, of corse beating Montreal in 2016 Eastern final second leg, Beating Seattle un the Final of course. And Beating Club America in thefirst leg in 2018, Maybe the best game I have seen live at BMO and the happiest I was after a match, ( then came Canada beating USA last fall that made me more happier) Honorable mention I go back to the first season last game against NER 2-2 when Danny Dichio tied the game with virtually the last kick of the game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2017 MLS Cup final, where our side kicked the asses of the Snotbags for their first Cup win, will be shown tonight on MLS Classics on mlssoccer.com
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whining from US people on twitter over Boehm calling us the best team ever should be bottled and sold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC were so dominant in this match. They had so much firepower and always pushed forward.

On the night of the cup final, I actually missed Jozy’s goal as I was in the bathroom. I have been a SSH since day one and missed the most important goal in club history! Every time I see a reply of that magical moment, I can’t help but laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot how good Vazquez was. Too bad his legs gave out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Christ he was good. What a shame we only had him for one good season (2018 can go to hell). Hell he barely played in the Champions League run, imagine if he'd been available for that...

I watched the whole 2nd half of the stream, man I'd forgotten just how much we dominated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooooo... When Bradley and Piatti return, Piatti is gonna fill that Giovinco role and Bradley is gonna be back in a diamond with Osorio, Delgado and Pozuelo. Skill set wise, Poz and Piatti are eerily similar to Vazquez and Giovinco. Results may vary, but I could very well see this same formation returning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The whining from US people on twitter over Boehm calling us the best team ever should be bottled and sold.
    I'll buy a case of that!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure where else to put this:

TSN 5 is showing all five games of the 2017 run over three nights next week --- Monday is TFC v NYRB back to back games at 7:30 and 9:30, Tuesday is back to back games of TFC v CLBS at 7:30 and 9:30, and Wednesday is MLS CUP 2017 at 8:00 PM....not sure I'm watching a 0-0 tie in Columbus for as meaningful as it was considering what was at stake and who wasn't playing that night.....(and if we ever wanted to show Alex Bono a small bit of appreciation, which recent history has caused him to be relegated to the bench (and deservedly so in my opinion as Q is more consistent now to me), this 2017 playoff run still has some huge saves in it (I remember one humongous save on BWP off the top of my head, and some big ones against Clbs too) -- remember that the CCL Finals hadn't happened yet at this stage, as that caused a lot of us to sour on Bono, and it went downhill from there....).....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed the last two "classic" TFC games that were shown the last two weeks.

Surprisingly, it was the first time I've ever seen the whole 2007 game, with Dichio's 23:13 goal. I had only watched a couple of TFC's games live in 2007. Seeing it now, I actually thought that TFC's quality of play was better than I expected. Not consistent, but there were some decent stretches of play and buildup. (I had seen much worse from TFC in the meantime.)

And last night, Seba's "super-sub" game vs. NYRB, when we clinched entry to the 2015 playoffs. I had seen that one live, but had forgotten most of the details and drama, other than Seba's wonder goal. Starting against the top-placed team in the league at the time, w/o all 3 of our DPs? Wow! Jozy getting a red card on the bench, after Seba was first wrongly accused? (How the hell did the AR & 4th official get Jozy and Seba confused, what a gong show!! You can't find two guys more different in size, looks, accent, or anything!)

Konopka in goal; Josh Williams and Damien Perquis starting at CB; Perquis getting subbed off due to injury; Kantari coming on; and we still won the game? Bizarre! Plus I forgot how much turnover we had after 2015. Morrow, Delgado and Osorio the only 3 starters still with the team now. And even if you look at the bench from that game: only Jozy & Zavaleta still with TFC. Man do I miss Benoit Cheyrou; what an artiste. And I forgot that Seba's plane from Italy actually landed at 4:30pm that day; I thought he had arrived in the morning. What an awesome show that was!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"An air of anticipation" is right up there with "BENOIT CHEYROU!!" in my memory bank of this team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    "An air of anticipation" is right up there with "BENOIT CHEYROU!!" in my memory bank of this team.
    "An air of EXpectation."

Also "He's probably scored the goal that takes Toronto FC to the promised land of the playoffs."
    Prescient, as NY scored one more goal, which made Seba's the game winner.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update from TSN --- TSN is showing the Concacaf Champions League run starting on Thursday evening vs Colorado, and then the three Mexican series on Friday, Saturday, Sunday....I guess it's a full week of 2017/2018 TFC glory.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    TFC were so dominant in this match. They had so much firepower and always pushed forward.

On the night of the cup final, I actually missed Jozy’s goal as I was in the bathroom. I have been a SSH since day one and missed the most important goal in club history! Every time I see a reply of that magical moment, I can’t help but laugh.
    You need to be there all the time.

When there is a game on, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you work for TSN?
    Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Update from TSN --- TSN is showing the Concacaf Champions League run starting on Thursday evening vs Colorado, and then the three Mexican series on Friday, Saturday, Sunday....I guess it's a full week of 2017/2018 TFC glory.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Do you work for TSN?
    Nope - just a fan....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey You Guyyyyys!!!

The latest Reds Rewind has Marky Delgado, Alex Bono, and Nick Hasler discussing TFC's road victory over Chicago from August 2017. One of the most memorable road trips ever! (as far as I was concerned )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52yw...ature=youtu.be