Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 3 - Nashville @ TFC Saturday March 14 4pm - And a New Day Will Dawn

For Those Who Stand Long

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home Show is on this weekend. Bear in mind for anyone planning to park at Ex Place since parking lots will likely be busier than normal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nashville is bad. Like typical expansion side bad.

No reason why TFC can't take 3 pts
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Home Show is on this weekend. Bear in mind for anyone planning to park at Ex Place since parking lots will likely be busier than normal.
    That is why I advise to anyone Park north of the Ex.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-0 or 3-1 for the good guys.
    (With what normaly should have been a 4 goal win, but a lots of great scoring chances being squandered....).

Having just a nerve-wrecking 1 goal win against such side would not go down as a positive, and God forbid, having a collective brainfart or collective no show on part of TFC, resulting in a draw, will be a minor disaster.
    Getting beaten at home by Nashville should not be talked even as a slight possibility, but if it happens it's a bigger calamity than the coronavirus. lol...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nashville have no offense to speak of. Their best offensive threat is Zimmerman. That being said they are solid defensively and I woulnd't be surprised with a 1-0 or 2-0 score for us. They aren't a Cinci kind of expansion team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Nashville have no offense to speak of. Their best offensive threat is Zimmerman. That being said they are solid defensively and I woulnd't be surprised with a 1-0 or 2-0 score for us. They aren't a Cinci kind of expansion team.
    Yeah, that's my take.

Nashville started out with a press against Portland that was effective against a team that doesn't play the ball quickly. Then when Portland scored, the Timbers went into bunker ball and Nashville could do nothing.

I expect them to press. I also think we are going to be passing the ball around a heck of a lot. The quicker we move the ball, the more incisive our offence will be.

There is going to be a lot of grumbling in the stands.

This is a good game to see if Fraser can deal with the press & pass the ball quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect a 2-0 win. Altidore gets a brace and the team bunkers down for the clean sheet. Exact same lineup as against NYCFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, that's my take.

Nashville started out with a press against Portland that was effective against a team that doesn't play the ball quickly. Then when Portland scored, the Timbers went into bunker ball and Nashville could do nothing.

I expect them to press. I also think we are going to be passing the ball around a heck of a lot. The quicker we move the ball, the more incisive our offence will be.

There is going to be a lot of grumbling in the stands.

This is a good game to see if Fraser can deal with the press & pass the ball quickly.
    I watched that whole game and I did not think Nashville had no offence.

I came away thinking Nashville had good possesion, was a bit snakebit, and couldn't play from behind.

Also Accam and 1-2 other players had their homes destroyed in those tornados last week, so they did not practice properly.

Mukhtar is a pretty interesting player, who hasn't shown anything yet. Accam has burned us before.

I expect goals. Could be a trap game.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-09-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more concerned about Og going with Dolly and not Led Zep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I'm more concerned about Og going with Dolly and not Led Zep.
    Nashville not Wolverhampton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CorrwgBach View Post
    Nashville not Wolverhampton.
    That point flew right over my head.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Nashville is bad. Like typical expansion side bad.

No reason why TFC can't take 3 pts
    These type of opponents require the most attention and focus by our team since we usually waste points against them. We usually take for granted those teams that don't play open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    These type of opponents require the most attention and focus by our team since we usually waste points against them. We usually take for granted those teams that don't play open.
    Correct. Our performances in the first two games would suggest we should win - but we still have to win.
    I'm encouraged though by what seems to me our much greater attacking penetration compared with last year.
    Last year we often had lots of possession without ever looking dangerous, which was not the case in the first two games.
    This may be due to Pozuelo playing in his best position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I watched that whole game and I did not think Nashville had no offence.

I came away thinking Nashville had good possesion, was a bit snakebit, and couldn't play from behind.

Also Accam and 1-2 other players had their homes destroyed in those tornados last week, so they did not practice properly.

Mukhtar is a pretty interesting player, who hasn't shown anything yet. Accam has burned us before.

I expect goals. Could be a trap game.
    They just lacked the size to compete for balls in the box. Thought they moved the ball okay but final product wasn’t there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They just lacked the size to compete for balls in the box. Thought they moved the ball okay but final product wasn’t there
    Maybe. They just seemed a bit disjointed the way most expansion teams do. But they worried Portland enough that the Timbers went full bunker early, which is interesting.

Nashville did not look at all like Cincinnati. That team could be trouble.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From watching the highlights, I think we take Nashville lightly at our peril.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    From watching the highlights, I think we take Nashville lightly at our peril.
    I think they switch up a few positions though - bring in Fraser & Ciman over Osorio & Gonzalez - possibly Laryea starting over Auro. Gotta do some load management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Correct. Our performances in the first two games would suggest we should win - but we still have to win.
    I'm encouraged though by what seems to me our much greater attacking penetration compared with last year.
    Last year we often had lots of possession without ever looking dangerous, which was not the case in the first two games.
    This may be due to Pozuelo playing in his best position.
    What position do you see Poz as having played?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they switch up a few positions though - bring in Fraser & Ciman over Osorio & Gonzalez - possibly Laryea starting over Auro. Gotta do some load management.
    i think you are right about Ciman and Laryea - not for load management but because they have earned it. Not sure about Fraser because I am not at training, but has he earned even a shot at MB's role over Oso? The only time he looked that good was for Canada, not TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How mad will some of you be when Fraser doesn't start again this time? I will make this a running question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    How mad will some of you be when Fraser doesn't start again this time? I will make this a running question.
    If he doesn't play, but then doesn't get any loaned out, I'll be mad. He needs to develop.

Maybe they can loan him to Forge.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ciman for Gonzalez?? That doesn't make sense. Having two forward moving CB's?
    And then sticking a kid in Liam Fraser into a situation where he would be the main defensive option in the middle of the park?

That is a recipe for failure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Load management?!?! We just started the season and have one game a week, lol. The LAST thing I would do is mess with the starting 11, especially our Mavinga/Gonzalez CB pairing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Load management?!?! We just started the season and have one game a week, lol. The LAST thing I would do is mess with the starting 11, especially our Mavinga/Gonzalez CB pairing.
    Bingo. Both won’t be playing internationally either during the break. 7 days apart from each match. Keep rolling. In April, the squad rotation can begin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Load management should only be done on the road anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    Load management should only be done on the road anyway.
    I would definitely do some load management at Cinci. Artificial pitches mean load management days for me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with squad rotation when it comes to CB pairings of any of the back line really for that matter. Tinkering with the back line unless you absolutely have to is a recipe for goals against in my opinion. Communication and knowing the other player's defensive tendencies takes time to learn and you can't just swap people in easy and expect the same results. One miscue can be a goal. That is my two cents anyway. Let the other defenders play when they need to only. If you want to give them game minutes give them a TFC II game here or there if that is possible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Ciman for Gonzalez?? That doesn't make sense. Having two forward moving CB's?
    And then sticking a kid in Liam Fraser into a situation where he would be the main defensive option in the middle of the park?

That is a recipe for failure.
    Failure like...our first 3 playoff games last year?

Looking through the season (baring a corona lay off which seems more likely every hour), this is one of the few games everybody can look at and go - here, take a rest. Its going to happen - just have to pick when.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note

I have made the decision to not go to this game

For me, too much of a risk - I have too many connections with people who me attending would up the risk

Understand why the event would continue

Understand why some people will still go