RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TTC service closure this weekend

For those heading to the Reds home opener, there is a TTC closure this weekend that will most likely effect some. Line 1 subway closures

There will be no subway service between Sheppard-Yonge and Eglinton stations March 7 and 8.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be game day without the worst urban transit system not working . Hopefully GO is . Sad that we have to rely on cars , still

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    For those heading to the Reds home opener, there is a TTC closure this weekend that will most likely effect some. Line 1 subway closures

There will be no subway service between Sheppard-Yonge and Eglinton stations March 7 and 8.

Great heads up.... tx

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I was heading to the dentist with my daughter via TTC this morning. Checked triplinx.ca RE travel time and route: the official trip planning site for the GTA. I know some of the routes don't travel as often on Saturday morning and we've occasionally had problems with that. One of the routes that TripLinx suggested: taking the Line 1 north of Eglinton station. No way would we have made it on time via shuttle bus. Luckily I remembered this post.

It's the year 2020. Is it really so hard to have your official trip planning site take scheduled subway closures into consideration? (Not the first time I've had this problem with Triplinx.) BTW Google Maps seemed to know about the closure, and didn't suggest any routes via that line.