RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games This Weekend - March 7th & 8th

Still really don't know how most teams look & play, with the exception of the CCL teams. A lot of still. Our game is the game of the week.

Saturday March 7th

Chicago @ NER 1:30pm - Chicago getting some turf games done early. They played decently in Seattle but they really don't know who they are. NER's preseason hype seems to have been based on Bruce Arena love.

NYRB @ RSL 2pm - the teams that used to be coached by Petke bowl. Neither team looked good last week but RSL at least looked like they had a defence. NYRB struggled against Cinci away - not a good sign.

Montreal @ Dallas 3pm - With the Impact at home in CCL this week, might be a temptation to play the subs and bunker. Dallas has the luxury of a second home game against an East opponent - but can they handle the counter?

Maimi @ DCU 3:30pm - DCU's pitch is better this week but that might just make Miami's quick passing approach more adept. DCU looked turgid last week. If either team wants to be in the playoffs, need to win games like this.

Cinci @ Atlanta 7pm - Atlanta gets the luxury of a Cinci team in flux to figure out their attack before going to Mexico mid week. Cinci showing resiliency but nothing in their make up indicates they can handle a team on a mission with a large away crowd.

Minnesota @ San Jose 8pm - game currently on but local authority has asked for events to be postponed - we will see. Heath discovered the counter attack last week. Not going to work against SJE though.

Houston @ SKC 8:30pm - For some reason, these two teams don't like each other. Tab Ramos is also creating a fiesty team in Houston. These are probably the two most annoying teams to play.

Orlando @ Colorado 9pm - People talk about Orlando finally taking things seriously. Robin Frasier is the difference for a Rapids team that will surprise people. Oh, and the return of the Rapids mascot.

Vancouver @ LAG 10 pm - LAG gets a good team to start at home against. Vancouver is a 4 year project.

Columbus @ Seattle 10pm - Both teams looked not so good next week at home but Seattle at least ground it out.

Sunday March 8th

Nashville @ Portland 7pm - Nashville had no real offence last week. Portland though looked out of whack completely. We play Nashville in a week. A game to have an eye on.

Philly @ LAFC 10:30pm -
    Philly looked like they were waiting for the season to start. Not good to take that then into a team seemingly on a mission to beat all comers.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-06-2020 at 10:59 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 TFC had a good night

Tosaint Ricketts winning goal

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/223807

Drew Moor winning goal

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/223775
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-08-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should we offer Achara for Chicharito?

He has one shot in two games.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He usually scuffs them in, wow. Has Ricketts ever had a cleaner, prettier goal?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Should we offer Achara for Chicharito?

He has one shot in two games.
    Doyle had an interesting take on that last night - they are trying to pass to him like he's a 6'5" Swede. Chicarito is a poacher.

Also had a tweet from 2016 by somebody who knows South American football saying GBS doesn't really have a system.

Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-08-2020 at 08:42 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Valeri is one of those players that's never going to age. What a strike.

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1236796325791854592
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That LAFC / Philly game was wild - a 40 yard free kick goal by a CB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Great strike. Roberto Carlos description is perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Holy shit what a bomb!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have 15 mins to kill for probably the most entertaining game of this season

-Eduardo Galeano