RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Details starting to flow out

Still requires 7 day isolation

I like this idea. Germany and other places are getting screwed up badly, due to the one-time tests for international travellers (among other issues). Their case numbers blew up after the summer holidays. Due to the incubation period before a test will register positive, they're missing way too many cases being brought in. Think of a TFC fan going to the US for a game, and perhaps getting infected at the stadium, or at the bar before or after the game (or in the shared car / bus or whatever). Then coming back to Canada the next day. They will never register positive upon arrival, a day or less after infection. On the other hand, a 6-7 day quarantine plus 2nd test will capture 99% of cases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I went to the first leg in Montreal with my daughter; and then saw the 2nd leg at BMO. The whole two-game affair is part of what made it amazing for me. From the lines painted wrong in the Big Owe; then the depths of despair going down a couple goals there; the glimmers of hope with TFC scoring a couple of their own in Montreal; then coughing up another goal to start in Toronto, and continuing with the drama. (IMO, it really sucks that the home & away finals are gone. I realize why, but still...)
    I went to both legs as well and there so many ups and downs throughout both games. I still got goose bumps today watching extra time goals and can't wait until we can experience that atmosphere again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this idea. Germany and other places are getting screwed up badly, due to the one-time tests for international travellers (among other issues). Their case numbers blew up after the summer holidays. Due to the incubation period before a test will register positive, they're missing way too many cases being brought in. Think of a TFC fan going to the US for a game, and perhaps getting infected at the stadium, or at the bar before or after the game (or in the shared car / bus or whatever). Then coming back to Canada the next day. They will never register positive upon arrival, a day or less after infection. On the other hand, a 6-7 day quarantine plus 2nd test will capture 99% of cases.
    Crap, no shorter quarantine required between the 1st and 2nd test?! Bad move. They estimate they'll miss about 20% of the infected travellers during the first test. So those infected folks (symptomatic or not) will be out & about between the 1st and 2nd test. (Will the 2nd test actually be enforced?) They're trying this in Alberta first, which (together with BC and all of Canada) reported a record number of new cases today. Alberta is already 2nd-highest in per-capita infections over 7 days in Canada (behind only Quebec).

https://www.thestar.com/politics/202...-crossing.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the first leg in Montreal with my daughter; and then saw the 2nd leg at BMO. The whole two-game affair is part of what made it amazing for me. From the lines painted wrong in the Big Owe; then the depths of despair going down a couple goals there; the glimmers of hope with TFC scoring a couple of their own in Montreal; then coughing up another goal to start in Toronto, and continuing with the drama. (IMO, it really sucks that the home & away finals are gone. I realize why, but still...)
    I travelled from Ottawa for the game with my son and 2 friends and we couldn't find a parking spot when we got there. We ended up sprinting 2K to the Big O, worried we'd miss the start amongst the crush of fans still trying to get in. We got to our seats just in time to see them start painting the first set of lines. After the first three goals, I was haunted by the last game in 2015 at Stade Saputo, but then TFC clawed two goals back and I remember us talking on the way back to Ottawa that we felt TFC was in a good position going into Game 2.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I travelled from Ottawa for the game with my son and 2 friends and we couldn't find a parking spot when we got there. We ended up sprinting 2K to the Big O, worried we'd miss the start amongst the crush of fans still trying to get in. We got to our seats just in time to see them start painting the first set of lines. After the first three goals, I was haunted by the last game in 2015 at Stade Saputo, but then TFC clawed two goals back and I remember us talking on the way back to Ottawa that we felt TFC was in a good position going into Game 2.
    Oh that's awesome, the messed up lines ended up benefiting you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Oh that's awesome, the messed up lines ended up benefiting you!
    So 4 years on and we're still talking about the pros and cons from having had to actually watch paint dry lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally. i hope they bring it back. Two legs was superb.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-22-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Totally. i hope they bring it back. Two legs was superb.
    Agreed.

It’s impractical for this league to continue to run an NBA / NHL style playoff bracket where more than half the teams make the playoffs. By my crack math based on the table says it’s 66% playoff qualification, what a joke.

Vancouver is Technically sitting in a playoff spot right now at 1.11 points per game. San Jose with -15 goal differential is above the line. Qualification is meaningless.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-23-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drew Moor nearly had to become the Rapids player-coach (he ran practices, but games were postponed so he never got the chance in a game)
    https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/2...r-coach-covid/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So twitter chatter says MLS standings will be determined on a PPG basis.

Seems fair for the teams that are short a game or so due to circumstances but how on earth do you continue to include Colorado?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    So twitter chatter says MLS standings will be determined on a PPG basis.

Seems fair for the teams that are short a game or so due to circumstances but how on earth do you continue to include Colorado?
    Official:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...ason-standings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/El65l45U...jpg&name=large

thought this was interesting. delgado and auro are underrated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post

And Pozuelo is on a whole other level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post

They really are. Both have their faults and are kind of boring in how they play, but they are both very key to this team's success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d want to see that chart against MLS more broadly. Our counterparts in Canada aren’t much to compare to. Vancouver has the worst midfield in MLS IMO, which is readily identifiable by that chart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How was Ayo not nominated for Young Player of the year?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i was wondering how that got overlooked too. Do they have to have a certain number of games played?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn’t appear to have made the shortlist. He was certainly talked about like he was a contender, but probably of victim of timing, having not played much lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    How was Ayo not nominated for Young Player of the year?

His form petered out after MLS is Back tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    His form petered out after MLS is Back tournament.
    He scored 9 goals in 15 games this season. That's still pretty impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enjoy this gem of a moment

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHleH73Bmse/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That was good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We clearly hurt their feelings with the tic tac chant. There’s no other explanation to remove impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, this seems silly.

Impact to change its name to Montreal FC: Report
    https://montrealgazette.com/sports/s...real-fc-report

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, looks like Ayo has officially chosen the US for his national team career.

It's pretty disappointing the dude can live in Canada for 95% of his life and not feel a strong connection.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loyalty to the program that cared about him starting more then 5 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Also, looks like Ayo has officially chosen the US for his national team career.

It's pretty disappointing the dude can live in Canada for 95% of his life and not feel a strong connection.
    Personally I’m not all that fussed about this one. If that’s what he wants, so be it. While he is promising, there is no guarantee he a guaranteed starter for either team.

If I were in his shoes I’d choose Canada. All else equal you should get more opportunities to play. He could easily Bunbury himself choosing the US and you need those national team caps to make a work permit argument in certain EU countries if that’s where you see your career going.

Flip side: the CSA has got to stop making excuses for not scheduling games at both the men’s and u23 levels. If we took care of the things when times were good we wouldn’t be in this awkward situation of wondering if we have to schedule games during a pandemic. And

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though he got called up, he won't be cap tied to the US as it's just friendlies. Makes sense for him to accept the call, keep getting game time and demonstrate himself at the highest levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Even though he got called up, he won't be cap tied to the US as it's just friendlies. Makes sense for him to accept the call, keep getting game time and demonstrate himself at the highest levels.
    But at this point, with this much attention, he can't switch to Canada. It would be perceived too badly.

He would've had to do it earlier.

Oh well.