Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy did a Footy Talks podcast with Caldwell two-three weeks ago, he kinda said the same thing. The fuller version:

He was just a kid in Europe, he didn’t understand the bigger game, got bad advice, and never maximized his potential there (except at Alkmaar). His examples were:
    - never should have gone on loan from Villarreal
    - never realized he had interest from Ajax when he was loaned to Hull.
    - had significant off field personal issues at Sunderland that wrecked his time there

He professed his love for the Dutch game and said if ever he had a chance at an Ajax or PSV he would be interested.

There were other parts of the podcast where he really was sincere about his love for the team/people here. He also gave a lot of love to Sunderland fans.

Honestly, it came off in totality like sounding like a guy being honest, and NOT a guy trying to leave.

Soccer is a sometimes complex vocation, but it is not a religious order.

Jozy's Jozy-ness is what makes Jozy Jozy.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-07-2020 at 07:17 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing in this IMO.

Basically it’s “I’d love to play in Europe if the situation and money was right and they’d take me”. Most player on our roster would probably express the same thing if you spoke to them privately.

He knows going back means a pay cut. Or realistically, that clubs that could pay and play good football aren’t interested. Won’t happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balotelli to everywhere (including TFC) rumours resurface...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...scia-next.html
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name drop at today's Zoom press conference of possible player for 1812FC Barrie in their first season in League 1 Ontario is Jeremy Hall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Hall_(soccer)

He does tick the box of 50 TFC appearances!

Here's the audio of the last 25 minutes of the Zoom conference in today's 1812 FC Barrie announcement.
    http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoront...0/20l1o021.htm
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 06-18-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just re-signed Richie, which is great:

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...l-toronto-fc/1

... but it makes me wonder, do we still have enough left in the tank to also get VV back?

Because we have to bring him back. No question. It probably won't even need to be too much – he said he didn't care about the money – but I'm guessing it would have to at least be somewhere in the ~300k range. Anyone remember how much the cap went up in the new CBA?

And I know there's no more of the old style TAM, but there is still 'discretionary TAM' that could probably be used for something like this, right? And we'd have to trade up in the allocation order, right?

Right?

Right?

Man, this stuff is tricky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    We just re-signed Richie, which is great:

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...l-toronto-fc/1

... but it makes me wonder, do we still have enough left in the tank to also get VV back?

Because we have to bring him back. No question. It probably won't even need to be too much – he said he didn't care about the money – but I'm guessing it would have to at least be somewhere in the ~300k range. Anyone remember how much the cap went up in the new CBA?

And I know there's no more of the old style TAM, but there is still 'discretionary TAM' that could probably be used for something like this, right? And we'd have to trade up in the allocation order, right?

Right?

Right?

Man, this stuff is tricky.
    Even if we did have the finances available he would have to go through the allocation list which means we would need to throw a good sized bone Miami's way to get top spot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Even if we did have the finances available he would have to go through the allocation list which means we would need to throw a good sized bone Miami's way to get top spot
    I say give them draft picks. We don't really need them (despite getting Endoh and Acharya that way).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado signs a long term deal

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...eal-toronto-fc

Our midfield is so stacked but we can't play all these guys enough

POZ - AM DP

Osorio - jack of all trades but mostly AM TAM(ish)

Delgado - DM link man but offensively weak

Fraser - Bradley replacement but defensively weak

DeLeon - put me in coach jack of all trades

Bradley - aging ex DP captain DM playmaker

And that's before we get to the out wide guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS has released its revised Transfer Window info for this year:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...-aug-12-oct-29

Based on this, we wouldn't be able to re-sign VV until mid-August at the earliest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could this be the player Ali was looking at?

20-year-old Guarani forward Rodney Redes is set to define his future this week, with strong links suggesting he will head to
    #MLS to an unnamed club.The transfer, should it happen, would be for 2021, meaning Redes would remain at Guarani until the end of the year. #transfers

Diego Serrati- the player's agent suggests that the club interested never had a Paraguayan player before. (Meaning it's not Atlanta, Portland, Minnesota, Salt Lake, Dallas, Orlando, LA Galaxy, Chicago, both NY clubs & Seattle)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Achara out for the year with a torn ACL...absolutely gutted for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crazy just when we thought everyone was healthy again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    This just really sucks. I feel so bad for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    ACL is also the worst case scenario. Arsenal’s Rob Holding and Hector Bellerin both got it in December 2018 and they’re still not fully recovered. ACL typically has a two year recovery period due to the mental block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    This just really sucks. I feel so bad for him.

like wise, know he was going thru some stuff oh man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    ACL is also the worst case scenario. Arsenal’s Rob Holding and Hector Bellerin both got it in December 2018 and they’re still not fully recovered. ACL typically has a two year recovery period due to the mental block.

Absolutely gutted for him and the team... I finally felt that we had someone who could allow Jozy to take a day off. For example, with the potential the kid was showing, he could have started in Seattle and we would have had an attack that might have been able to close. Hoping for a recovery, perhaps we get really lucky. (Bellerin and Holding were defenders aren't they... both Shearer and van Nistelrooy recovered from similar injuries early in there careers or perhaps its Arsenals shambolic medical staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Absolutely gutted for him and the team... I finally felt that we had someone who could allow Jozy to take a day off. For example, with the potential the kid was showing, he could have started in Seattle and we would have had an attack that might have been able to close. Hoping for a recovery, perhaps we get really lucky. (Bellerin and Holding were defenders aren't they... both Shearer and van Nistelrooy recovered from similar injuries early in there careers or perhaps its Arsenals shambolic medical staff.
    Arsenal’s head of medical just left for Liverpool. They’re bringing in a Brazilian to replace him, who happened to be fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, English and French. It’s partly due to the nature of the injury and the physical demands of the Premier League.

Holding when he first came back was rusty as hell. Bellerin right now still hasn’t completely regained his agility, which affects him more as a RB than Holding who is a CB.

For Acharya, the ACL injury is going to affect him far more than say Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    ACL isn't two years recovery. He should be fine in 9 months. Achilles is worse than an ACL tear. Didn't save tear his ACL and returned a couple weeks ago for city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACL sucks hard. Feel awful for Achara. It's one thing when a veteran gets it, but here's the kid ready to take the reigns and start his career with a bang. Pandemic shuts him down and now he's out for a long while. Just terrible. At least he gets to miss out on the petri dish that is MLS is Back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACL is a year long thing

Issue often is an injury that follows the ACL from not rehabbing properly.

What I find very interesting is Vanney as much as said that they were looking at Achara as a key player moving forward.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...-things-we-can

He’s a potential starter every day,” said Vanney. “He's done well, scored in almost every single game – preseason and the game that he played against New York. He's shown that he's goal dangerous, he's versatile – could play wide, in that particular [training] game we were playing him up front and he was fantastic as a striker.”

“We were starting to embark on all the different ways we could use [him] in different roles and as we brought him new information he was able to take it on and still continue to do well. In my planning, he was a really important piece of how we would evolve, have some depth, and all that,” continued the coach. “If he wasn't in the lineup, he was going to be one of the first guys to come into a game. He'd pushed himself into that [position]. The team loves him; the guys like playing with him. And for us it means we're a little less deep in some of those rotations, guys will have to step in.”

Akinola needs to step up now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ACL is a year long thing

Issue often is an injury that follows the ACL from not rehabbing properly.

What I find very interesting is Vanney as much as said that they were looking at Achara as a key player moving forward.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...-things-we-can

Akinola needs to step up now
    Highly doubt that. It's Piatti time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not just an ACL

LCL tear at the same time in the same knee

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...essful-surgery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does everyone think of this?

Roger Gonzalez
    @RGonzalezCBS

Hearing there is serious interest coming from the Middle East in Toronto FC and #USMNT striker Jozy Altidore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post

Roger Gonzalez
    @RGonzalezCBS

Hearing there is serious interest coming from the Middle East in Toronto FC and #USMNT striker Jozy Altidore.

I don't think we would force him out the door if he didn't want to go and I doubt he would want to go there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think rumours are a stock in trade for journos in August.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post

Roger Gonzalez
    @RGonzalezCBS

Given Giovinco and Victor Vazquez weren't all that happy, I'm positive Jozy won't be interested. It's not like he needs to follow the money there, he has a very well paid contract here, plus his fiance Sloane Stephens makes plenty of money in tennis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A divorce between Jozy and TFC seems likely, but I doubt the middle east is a place Jozy would enjoy living/playing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy will be 31 in Nov.

As much as he's been good when healthy for TFC, I think if another team wants to take Jozy off our hands, you do it.

Eventually he needs to get replaced.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano