Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at the contract decisions yesterday, it pointed at a change in direction. Losing some older, overpaid players mostly. If they can move MB and Jozy (especially Jozy) then there is a lot of cap space to do some rebuilding with a decent backbone.

This team has been crying for pace for a while and I hope it's addressed now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Honestly might be a hard sell to get a top manager when our club is tied to Bradley and Jozy. That’s a lot of roster flexibility gone. Especially for a DP. Jozy is actually a liability. We basically can only have two DPs because Jozy doesn’t do shit anymore.
    But you raise an interesting point. Not that I want to lose Vanney but from a roster standpoint, now is actually not a bad time to have a new manager. He’s getting a roster that he can have a say in rebuilding. There is flexibility although some things may take longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    But you raise an interesting point. Not that I want to lose Vanney but from a roster standpoint, now is actually not a bad time to have a new manager. He’s getting a roster that he can have a say in rebuilding. There is flexibility although some things may take longer.
    If Jozy doesn’t leave, whoever takes Vanney’s place is agreeing to manage a hamstrung roster. Might make it difficult to attract a top coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If Jozy doesn’t leave, whoever takes Vanney’s place is agreeing to manage a hamstrung roster. Might make it difficult to attract a top coach.
    This sounds harsh but I would buy out Jozy even if it means we don’t get a replacement DP for several years. You just have to do it.

This has to be priority #1 in the off season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, having Jozy as a DP for two more years (as per his contract) has to be in the top 2, first being finding a new coach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    Agreed, having Jozy as a DP for two more years (as per his contract) has to be in the top 2, first being finding a new coach.
    I'd buy Jozy out before the re-entry draft.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully a team would take Altidore if most of the bill remains with MLSE. I feel Bradley is still one of the better American players and as a non-DP that is very useful on the roster. Should have sold him to Club America while the fire was hot.

I thought Piatti was decent in the role and worth his contract no more no less. There is a chance his replacement may not even be better unless they spend more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point raised on Twitter (and i think it’s a valid one) 2021 for Canadian Teams means hotel rooms and extended travel.

It’s going to be really hard to find new players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Hopefully a team would take Altidore if most of the bill remains with MLSE. I feel Bradley is still one of the better American players and as a non-DP that is very useful on the roster. Should have sold him to Club America while the fire was hot.

I thought Piatti was decent in the role and worth his contract no more no less. There is a chance his replacement may not even be better unless they spend more.
    Bradley to Galaxy I bet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point raised on Twitter (and i think it’s a valid one) 2021 for Canadian Teams means hotel rooms and extended travel.

It’s going to be really hard to find new players.
    Depends on where home base is. If Hartford, then yes. If Tampa, then no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Depends on where home base is. If Hartford, then yes. If Tampa, then no.
    True, but keep in mind it’s still going to be temp accommodations and not on a NBA-like budget. Not terribly ideal.

In all honestly that would probably be a deal breaker for me as a player with options (with most MLS contracts being short term).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta hope these vaccines can allow the re-opening of the borders in the Spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post

I’d certainly rather another year of Piatti on max TAM than two more of Bradley at the same number.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but keep in mind it’s still going to be temp accommodations and not on a NBA-like budget. Not terribly ideal.

In all honestly that would probably be a deal breaker for me as a player with options (with most MLS contracts being short term).
    For a DP it would probably be fine; longer deal and they could pick Florida out on a map, Toronto maybe not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to manning,,talks have gone well with piatti s agent has a non dp player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    according to manning,,talks have gone well with piatti s agent has a non dp player
    Cut Piatti's salary by a million, give Pozuelo a million dollar raise. Poz buys his best friend Piatti a million dollar house for his birthday. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley to Galaxy I bet.
    Bradley to LAFC more likely. But even then, if his family really likes it here, he might not choose to leave after his playing days are done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Piatti back as a TAM player would be ideal. Get a young DP over on the left wing and the attack might work. Curtis said the 'plan' is to have Jozy back next year, plans change though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was expected as soon as Kinnear came to an impasse with the Gals and they named Vanney as their priority.

Kinnear to Vanney is a massive upgrade for LAG - I was hearing Kinnear was never a serious consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why am i seeing a lot of people saying our new manager is going to be Steven Caldwell, i want a proven manager before we put Caldwell in the role

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Why am i seeing a lot of people saying our new manager is going to be Steven Caldwell, i want a proven manager before we put Caldwell in the role
    Same with Michael Bradly - and I doubt we go that route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mentioned it in the other thread as a joke. If Caldwell becomes manager this team is screwed. He is so heavily biased towards some players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe have Michael Bradley as assistant manager, but still want a proven manager to oversee everything or we are going to have a rough few seasons ahead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a player to go right into coaching from playing, may I recommend a man by the name of Drew Moor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how long can we expect the signing of the new manager to take as we are almost at the offseason acquisition period, i hope the club had a shortlist of future managerial candidates or its going to be a difficult offseason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how long can we expect the signing of the new manager to take as we are almost at the offseason acquisition period, i hope the club had a shortlist of future managerial candidates or its going to be a difficult offseason
    Based on how our long our recent searches for a DP and TAM winger took... The new manager should be in place around next Fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Be pretty stupid from Curtis to publicly announce they were going to get a new DP then not do it...
    He could still go out and get a new DP, however only spend $1.7MM vs $6MM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on how our long our recent searches for a DP and TAM winger took... The new manager should be in place around next Fall.
    This is the problem but I assume Manning will fast track this for at least the start of the season.

He could still go out and get a new DP, however only spend $1.7MM vs $6MM
    If this was the plan they would have just kept Piatti on cheapo DP money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Cut Piatti's salary by a million, give Pozuelo a million dollar raise. Poz buys his best friend Piatti a million dollar house for his birthday. Problem solved.
    A million dollars in Toronto would get you a semi in Rexdale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder when the Balotelli rumours will start up again?