Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    He'd be a DP if we signed him right? Transfer fees count towards DP the cap right? He'd definitely come with a bit of a transfer fee that would make him DP. I'm of the belief that Liverpool is just going to send us a different player on loan every year, with us being their version of Man City and NYCFC.
    Well we are known as "The Reds"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallacher puts himself about well. He slotted into the LCB slot quite a bit versus NYC and in general, was positioned well (all FB's get up at times and that's why the central mids will tuck back in if the FB goes up - see Osorio covering for Richie on Sunday night). His passing was crisp but sometimes placement was off - that will come with time.

I am OK with him as long term LB prospect.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Piatti can eventually be converted to TAM. I think he's on a 1 year + option contract at $1.6 million from what I remember. So they can cut him loose at the end of the season, or pick up the option. I think we just ran out of TAM. When does Omar's contact end? I think he makes over a million dollars and his play the last few weeks has left me believing we could do better at CB given what we're paying him (I still rate him, just not at $1 million+ of TAM money)
    Doesn’t he have to be bought down to TAM next year if we want to keep him? I thought the Young DP rule kicks in for 2021. From what I remember, you can only have 2 DP’s over a certain age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_905 View Post
    Doesn’t he have to be bought down to TAM next year if we want to keep him? I thought the Young DP rule kicks in for 2021. From what I remember, you can only have 2 DP’s over a certain age.
    From The Athletic:

MLS will still allow teams to sign up to three DPs, but it reserved the right to “limit the compensation for the third DP to the maximum TAM salary of $1.61 million, unless the player is 23 years old or younger, in which case there will be no limit.”

https://theathletic.com/1590363/2020/02/07/mls-cba-analysis/

Piatti's salary would fall within the maximum TAM salary. Additionally, as the amount of TAM expands, there could be the potential for TFC to convert Piatti to TAM and bring in another DP. However that depends how much TAM is left over from the current TAM players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    Noble Okello has joined Rocco Romeo on Loan at HB Koge https://twitter.com/hbkogedk/status/...949629440?s=21
    Okello apparently did this today. Haven't found a video of the goal though

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Are these games broadcast , streamed anywhere? I like the idea of this type of partnership considering TFC II is now playing at the USL League One level. It gives them a place to send players. I assume this level is comparable to USL Championship or close to it?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Are these games broadcast , streamed anywhere? I like the idea of this type of partnership considering TFC II is now playing at the USL League One level. It gives them a place to send players. I assume this level is comparable to USL Championship or close to it?
    Try hesgoal on game days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Here is Noble's goal, not sure what the keeper was doing on it, what a give away. Good on Noble to take advantage.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian Dunn back with the team after playing with Valour in the CPL. He had a pretty good run with Valour and was a finalist for the U21 player of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That’s all good news. No rush with Dunn in my books, always takes CB’s a longer time to develop. As long as he’s getting games somewhere I’m happy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

Julian Dunn back with the team after playing with Valour in the CPL. He had a pretty good run with Valour and was a finalist for the U21 player of the year.
    Dunn is interesting, if he does not factor into the rest of the year is he the next one to head over to HB Kobe on a loan stint? It seems TFC is fostering a relationship here with a team that is at a good level for development. It reminds me of when Jordan Hamilton was loaned to a 2nd division side in Portugal while in the end what not the most ideal situation after the fact, it was seen as better place to be than USL. From what I am seeing Rocco has been getting regular minutes and now Noble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a convo re: re-upping Piatti needs to start happening. He’s a player of obvious quality but he’s got an injury history and his contribution looks more TAM than DP. Personally, I’d look to have him on a reduced salary next year and try to bring in a U-23 player a la Atlanta United. He’s on 1.5m and looks closer to a player on 700k.

(relevant: Piatti is on a 1+1 deal)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some salary revisions may be needed. Gallardo is on TAM and not playing...that is a waste of TAM as imo TAM players should be starting all the time...same with the money we are paying Zavaleta. This could be packaged into a much needed striker. Thoughts? Columbus just signed Nemeth to add depth....that was an interesting signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack is a free agent:

Jack Wilshere has left West Ham United after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent, the Premier League club announced on Monday. The 28-year-old had a year remaining on his £100,000-a-week contract, but was deemed surplus to requirements with the Hammers board looking to cut the midfielder from their wage bill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perruzza scores again on the weekend.

I hope when he gets to the first team in January the experience has helped him be ready. No slight against him, I just question if the USL is not much of a springboard to full MLS play.

Maybe a loan somewhere in Europe where he’d get time?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember the links to Facundo Pellistri in Dec/Jan? Well he's only gone and signed for Manchester United lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Perruzza scores again on the weekend.

I hope when he gets to the first team in January the experience has helped him be ready. No slight against him, I just question if the USL is not much of a springboard to full MLS play.

Maybe a loan somewhere in Europe where he’d get time?
    They loaned him to Barnet FC today from what I heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In about half a season the roster has gone from one built around Michael Bradley to one built around Poz. The transition is happening in front of our eyes. Will be very interesting to see role of MB and of Jozy if we make a playoff run. I think they still have a lot to give. But the club is on a roll without them.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-06-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    They loaned him to Barnet FC today from what I heard.
    that was Petrasso

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by langilleski View Post
    that was Petrasso
    Yes, York9 loaned Michael Petrasso to Barnet in the English 5th tier. So I guess the CPL is equivalent to the 5th tier of England then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, York9 loaned Michael Petrasso to Barnet in the English 5th tier. So I guess the CPL is equivalent to the 5th tier of England then?
    England 5th tier is still better than some nation's first tiers. No harm in that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    England 5th tier is still better than some nation's first tiers. No harm in that.

National League is the lowest step when full professional teams are in place - not all teams but if you want to succeed, you have to be full time. CPL at that level makes some sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Remember the links to Facundo Pellistri in Dec/Jan? Well he's only gone and signed for Manchester United lol
    This really sucks...this was a gem of a find for Toronto....but at least we got it right with the scouting....perhaps he could get loaned to us for a stint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    This really sucks...this was a gem of a find for Toronto....but at least we got it right with the scouting....perhaps he could get loaned to us for a stint.
    Wheeler floated that idea on Twitter, but it seems ManU is going to keep him around because of their needs on the wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al-Hilal is rumored to be looking at Pozuelo: https://albiladdaily.com/2020/10/08/

Last edited by kuku; 10-08-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Al-Hilal is rumored to be looking at Pozuelo.
    Al-Hilal can go F off. No way we let Pozo leave to go there. Plus Poz is friends with Vazquez (who hated his time in Qatar) and I'm sure he's heard about Giovinco's desire to leave Saudi. No way he leaves after that.

He actually rejected Al-Hilal last year in favour of joining us. If he didn't want to go there last year, he won't go now. He loves his F'n good team that F'n works + his bromance with Piatti.
    https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...to-and-the-mls
    Last edited by rydermike; 10-08-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Al-Hilal can go F off. No way we let Pozo leave to go there. Plus Poz is friends with Vazquez (who hated his time in Qatar) and I'm sure he's heard about Giovinco's desire to leave Saudi. No way he leaves after that."

Both of the players you mentioned may not have enjoyed their time in Saudi Arabia but they went there for the money. Vazquez even admitted that during a footy talks live interview.
    Last edited by kuku; 10-08-2020 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    "Al-Hilal can go F off. No way we let Pozo leave to go there. Plus Poz is friends with Vazquez (who hated his time in Qatar) and I'm sure he's heard about Giovinco's desire to leave Saudi. No way he leaves after that."

Both of the players you mentioned may not have enjoyed their time in Saudi Arabia but they went there for the money. Vazquez even admitted that during a footy talks live interview.
    I know that the money talks, but I think that given Poz rejected their money last year for this reason, no way he goes now - From the article I linked in that post:

Spanish midfielder Alejandro Pozuelo said lifestyle reasons were key in his choosing to come to Toronto FC as opposed to joining the Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal this year.
    “Is simple. The first (important part) of my life is my wife and my children and I think the best option for me and for my family is here (in Toronto),” Pozuelo said. “Because you know the problems for the wives is there in (Saudi) Arabia (a strict Muslim society). Also the football I think is very different. For MLS, (the league is) going up. And there is, OK, a lot of money (in Saudi Arabian football) but there is no (mass) interest in the football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what the rules here are so...I wish Al-Hilal would go get a truck for themselves.