Julian Dunn loaned to CPL Valour FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Julian Dunn loaned to CPL Valour FC
    With TFC II sitting out the 2020 USL League One season due to pandemic restrictions this makes sense for the Reds to loan out players to CPL sides. Dante Campbell has also been loaned to Valour and Terique Mohammed to FC Edmonton. It will be good to see them get some playing time during these uncertain times.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nyal Higgins (2020 draft pick signed to TFCII) loaned to team in Sweden's third tier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the point of loaning a player to a third tier league in Sweden? Wouldn't it be better to have them in North America without the need for the player to acclimate to a completely foreign environment. Once you get to 3rd tier it might as well be a beer league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What's the point of loaning a player to a third tier league in Sweden? Wouldn't it be better to have them in North America without the need for the player to acclimate to a completely foreign environment. Once you get to 3rd tier it might as well be a beer league.
    I'm guessing they couldn't get him on a CPL team and and preferred sending him across the Atlantic rather than to the COVID-plagued USA. League1 Ontario (he played at Vaughan Azzurri in the summers) also doesn't look like it is going to have a season.
    Last edited by rydermike; 08-10-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Orlandos starting CB Jansen played in the third tier of sweden before playing one year in the top flight and looks really good.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocco Romeo landed in Copenhagan, Denmark earlier this morning. Wonder if the Reds have lined up another loan for him after he previously played HB Koge last year.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 08-12-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After processing our results in the MLS is Back tourney I have finally come around to replacing Jozy, I would always defend him with the amount of productivity he brings when he plays at a goal per every two games average. But with all the injuries and his age now caught up to him its time to move on and take any offer or trade we can get. If we want to continue to reach finals and win trophy's we need a replacement for Jozy and even morrow at this point at LB we don't even have a natural back up for LB.

Just my Thoughts......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romeo out on loan to HB Koge, where he played in the past.
    https://twitter.com/hbkogedk/status/1293949708986130432

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do we expect it to be a quiet transfer window for TFC??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    do we expect it to be a quiet transfer window for TFC??
    I wouldn't expect much unless Altidore leaves, but I can see that being more of an off-season transfer. Maybe bring in some very cheap depth for the back line.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    After processing our results in the MLS is Back tourney I have finally come around to replacing Jozy, I would always defend him with the amount of productivity he brings when he plays at a goal per every two games average. But with all the injuries and his age now caught up to him its time to move on and take any offer or trade we can get. If we want to continue to reach finals and win trophy's we need a replacement for Jozy and even morrow at this point at LB we don't even have a natural back up for LB.

Just my Thoughts......

I am starting to be of the same mind unfortunately but I believe there has to be more. I truly don’t understand Vanney’s apparent reluctance to put him in both in Seattle and MLS is Back. Something has changed from the warrior who gave everything and played injured. What I really would like to know, is the org just being overly careful, or there is a rift between Vanney and Jozy or Jozy says he isn’t ready but we are a much better team with him in the field.

if it does come to that it will be inexcusable not to bring in another DP striker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...y-has-interest

Another Academy kid signs for an European kid. I don't know if TFC got any compensation
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Another Academy kid signs for an European kid. I don't know if TFC got any compensation
    Plus not surprised Jordan is getting lots of Euro interest. According to another Friday report, this time from ESPN's Tom Hamilton, forward Jordan Perruzza is attracting European suitors, including Portsmouth, Brentford, Watford, QPR and Middlesbrough, in addition to clubs in Germany and Italy. Several English Premier League sides are also reportedly interested in the 19-year-old, but a move to the EPL would be complicated by quarantine rules requiring the player to spend multiple weeks in the country before he would be able to go on trial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really dont understand what tfc are doing with the academy,they dont seem to want to sell and they dont want to play them either,perfect example is Fraser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

That depends on the contract situation. If the kid didn’t get a professional contract, there’s nothing we can do other than hope the parent club is generous with a sell-on clause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on some cursory evidence, seems like he was with the Freiburg academy for a period after leaving TFCA... so maybe this is a full first team deal? From what I understand this is Canada’s second best prospect at that age group, closely after Marshall—Rutty.

I wonder if Perruzza has held out for contract negotiations with an eye to being sold. Otherwise, it seems crazy he isn’t already garnering some consideration around the first team. His track record speaks for itself.

Now if only Canada could produce a single starting quality CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that we're doing stuff. Loaning, selling. All good for the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Vazquez joins club in Belgium.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEB2Iapq...d=9yjj7yiyvoa7

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks almost as old as the guy on the other end of the shirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't enjoy his time in Qatar, now he joins a team sponsored by Qatar Airways.

Love the irony there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke has an article about youth & TFC today

Paywall

https://theathletic.com/2004064/2020...ge-mls-season/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    He didn't enjoy his time in Qatar, now he joins a team sponsored by Qatar Airways.

Love the irony there
    The club he signed for is owned by Qatar lol. Its their farm team in Europe for Aspire academy players IIRC.

Edit:
    "In June 2012, the club was purchased by the government of Qatar and its Aspire Zone Foundation, who also own Paris Saint-Germain. Aspire Academy announced their intent use the club as a launching pad into European football for its academy graduates from Africa, South America and Asia"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke is a good writer and all, he just has a really weird obsession with TFC rebuilding like they play in the NHL. Bringing players through the academy is absolutely essential, I agree. However, TFC has the ability to spend and they always will to keep this team a contender. They are not going to play some mediocre academy defender over Omar Gonzalez or Chris Mavinga just because they are younger and Canadian.

If someone like Nelson comes in and out performs the starter at his position, he will be integrated and play every day until Europe comes calling. Marky Delgado and Jonathan Osorio had to really work for their spots and the kids in the academy need to aswell. No handing out spots just to get younger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eupen is a very, very small Belgian club...a long way off Genk (Poz) or Gent (Jonathan David).
    BTW: They may be showing David's first game for LOSC on TV5 this Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man. I thought for sure he was coming back here.

He even looks sad in the picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Bringing players through the academy is absolutely essential, I agree. However, TFC has the ability to spend and they always will to keep this team a contender. They are not going to play some mediocre academy defender over Omar Gonzalez or Chris Mavinga just because they are younger and Canadian.
    TFC needs to aggressively loan out players to CPL clubs to get them experience and playing time. It would be a win-win as it would help CPL clubs to provide quality players under budget and help develop U21 players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    TFC needs to aggressively loan out players to CPL clubs to get them experience and playing time. It would be a win-win as it would help CPL clubs to provide quality players under budget and help develop U21 players.
    Agreed. A player like Jayden Nelson absolutely needs to get out and play regular minutes in that environment. I just have no idea what the CPL's plan is after this tourny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Agreed. A player like Jayden Nelson absolutely needs to get out and play regular minutes in that environment. I just have no idea what the CPL's plan is after this tourny.
    This is it for the cpl.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC signs Jordan Perruzza. There had been rumours that european teams were interested in bringing him over. From last week: