Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
Yup, last night proved to me that this team is in transition out of Altidore & Bradley. I'm ok with a Pozuelo led team & see hope in Akinola & Achara. Altidore can still contribute at a DP level but he is mentally not here right now & getting up there. I think he operates better with a strike partner but how to do that with Poz as an AM and us only having 2 decent CB's is not easy.

I have large questions about who our second DP should be. Bradley is still overly relied upon & as much as I like Piatti, he's up there in age to.

Needs?

3rd CB
Another FB
Left wing pace
Define a second DP for the long term
Find that young 3rd DP to fit in somewhere
I agree with all your points and your list of needs for the team. Even though Piatti is up there in age if he continues to be dangerous like he has been in most games I would ride that out a bit. Who knows. Bradley slowing down is evident to most of us and the TFC staff too I am sure but you are right, we still rely on him too much and they need to get a plan in place for that. He is a great leader but when your body slows down with age there is nothing you can do about it. Altidore has checked out mentally this entire season. Respect for him for what he did for us in the past but I wouldn't mind a DP now that can play every game and do 90 minutes if needed which Altidore does neither these days.