Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    The team needs a fit striker right now. A trade should be made. And at this point in the season, one of Nelson, Priso, Achara, Marshall-Rutty should be in play to make this trade imo. Gallardo should be dismissed immediately as he was the worst TAM signing in the history of this league. The absolute worst. I love Jozy, but for what you are paying him...he is no longer worth it anymore.
    i highly doubt they will make a move by the deadline tomorrow,why would they we have mullins and slowest team in the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i highly doubt they will make a move by the deadline tomorrow,why would they we have mullins and slowest team in the league.
    The only reason why you don’t make a deal is if you are 100% confident that you will have Jozy back.
    If Ali doesn’t make a deal and Jozy doesn’t play a game… Fire Ali. Or it means MLSE hired another Shapiro type at the helm and that doesn’t work for this team in MLS

I think the odds are more likely on Jozy not recovering (I really hope I’m wrong, huge Jozy fan).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney addressed this today.

Words along the lines of

you have to give up something to get something & we like what we got right now

i.e. Don't upset the group right now. Which is why you don't ditch Gallardo out of the training group - you just don't include him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it entirely impossible for Jordan Perruzza to start now instead of 2021?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Poz has 2 seasons left on his contract after this season so you want to be able to put together as strong a lineup as possible while he is here. This means getting a quality and durable striker is a must, which rules out Jozy.

There are a lot of new young players on the roster now. Why not use the next 3 games to test them as well as those players where a decision needs to be made whether to bring them back for next year.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 10-27-2020 at 07:07 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I wonder if he is actually in Hartford training with the team after his loan with San Antonio ended with their playoff defeat, does anyone know? It would make sense rather than him sitting at home, are the current TFCII guys training up at Downsview?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems like we have been playing our 2 and 3 string strikers for 3 years.its a miracle we done so well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think it might be because he went on a loan for the year. Julian Dunn went on loan to Valour, came back to TFC and was training with them, but hasn't been on the subs bench once, even with our injury crisis on defense. So, I think their loans technically go until December 31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the league would allow a temporary signing like they have in the past when teams have been severely short-handed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Maybe the league would allow a temporary signing like they have in the past when teams have been severely short-handed?
    We’re not short handed so much as we can’t keep a starting striker fit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We have:

Jozy
    Achara
    Ayo
    Mullins

We are not giving anything up to bring in another striker. We'd be dumb to do that. What would you do with him once the rest of the guys are healthy again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to disagree we can never count on Jozy because of injury concerns and Achara wont play this year and has only 5 game experience in MLS. Mullins should not even be on our roster so that just leaves Ayo who has also been dealing with injuries all year. If we want to get to the finals again this year and not have players playing out of there natural position then we need to do something before tomorrow deadline for more depth up top.

Go and get Hurtado or another depth striker via trade now....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We have:

Jozy
    Achara
    Ayo
    Mullins

We are not giving anything up to bring in another striker. We'd be dumb to do that. What would you do with him once the rest of the guys are healthy again?
    I wouldn't want to give up any of our young assets just for the Cup run this season by doing some kind of panic move due to our current injury situation. That is for sure. But....our striker situation does need attention in the offseason big time. Do you really think we will have fully healthy guys that are all available ever with this list?

Jozy - Realistically never going to be fully healthy again. Any physio would tell you that his build, injury history and age all go against him and his mentality has been questionable at times in 2020 too.
    Achara - Not MLS proven yet and history of injuries. If he can stay healthy good guy to rotate in but we will see if he can stay healthy for a good stretch of the season before making any call on him.
    Ayo - Looks good when healthy but injury concerns still in 2020. Could be too early to tell if this is an issue as this is the first season he was getting back to back MLS games so maybe just has to learn how to condition himself better to avoid injury.
    Mullins - Doesn't exactly strike fear into any team but is a decent runner but sub only at this point in his career. If he is getting the start we are relying on supporting cast for the goals unless he gets a wonder strike like in Cincy this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We have:

Jozy
    Achara
    Ayo
    Mullins

We should lose 2 of them anyway to freshen up (Jozy & Mullins). Achara is a mystery but worth seeing how he is when he returns from injury. Ayo for me is still a #2 forward but a good one and one to keep for sure. I wouldn't give up anything besides GAM right now for a new forward but if there were a deal for someone who could be a some kind of threat to score or at least be fast and run at defenders then I'd do it. Someone like Ricketts when we got him back in 2016.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We should lose 2 of them anyway to freshen up (Jozy & Mullins). Achara is a mystery but worth seeing how he is when he returns from injury. Ayo for me is still a #2 forward but a good one and one to keep for sure. I wouldn't give up anything besides GAM right now for a new forward but if there were a deal for someone who could be a some kind of threat to score or at least be fast and run at defenders then I'd do it. Someone like Ricketts when we got him back in 2016.
    Can we even sign a player now? I didn't think we could this close to the playoffs.
    If we got a striker before the playoffs - I don't think it would be a trade - I think it would be a signing from outside the league. And you are right - it would be in the calibre range of a Ricketts. So not a starter.

As for next season - I'm not surprised if Jozy is gone.
    Achara and Ayo will probably be fighting for 2nd and 3rd spots.
    Mullins is Mullins. This will be the level of striker we are looking at right now - Sure - replace him with someone else - but we're probably only going to be able to get another Mullins... or Ricketts.

So off season reality is - we need a #1 striker. That is what we're looking for. We won't get that before the playoffs.

Until then - we need Piatti and Poz to drive our offence. We need Oso and Richie to be secondary production. we need the rest of the guys to chip in here and there. Omar is due IMO - the guy has too many unconverted headers so far. He needs to pop in 1 or 2 of those if we wanna win the Finals. bench also needs to score a couple when called upon.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 10-28-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the deadline is tomorrow for trades or signings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if Jozy is "rehab"ing with the Team or in Florida (or elsewhere)?
    Last edited by Graeme; 11-02-2020 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    I thought I read he was rehabbing at home a while back.

Either way, if he plays at all this year it will be in the final and be a replay of last year. He will hop out for an unfit 25 or so minutes of mostly walking around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way, if he plays at all this year it will be in the final and be a replay of last year. He will hop out for an unfit 25 or so minutes of mostly walking around.
    I literally laugh out loud reading this. It's funny because its true.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And score....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Based on social media - he is elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe he is hanging out with his euro doctor,doubt we see him again this season,by the time his hammy heals he will need another month jus to get in shape again for the 3rd time this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    And score....
    Didn't happen the last time he missed matches like this and scoring hasn't been his thing for a while now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't happen the last time he missed matches like this and scoring hasn't been his thing for a while now.

I thought you were referring to the final, we brought him in way too late. And he did score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I thought you were referring to the final, we brought him in way too late. And he did score.
    Yup. bring him on at half time, we win. oh well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the latest video All For One: Response isn't that Jozy hugging Ayo around 1:50? Means he's back with the team if he'd ever left, but it's hard to tell with masks.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/1...?autoplay=true
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    In the latest video All For One: Response isn't that Jozy hugging Ayo around 1:50? Means he's back with the team if he'd ever left, but it's hard to tell with masks.

Looks like Jozy? I hope at least one or more of Osorio, Piatti or Delgado (or Altidore) is ready for at least some minutes this weekend prior to playoffs...but we'll see!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post

Looks and sounded like him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I saw him with his fiance, who I think lives in New York, in a post on the weekend, so very possible to be going back and forth a bit.