Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Yes this makes more sense. Like Jozy’s comments weren’t directed to Endoh but to Vanney “this is all ya got? A winger as number 10? You told me...”
    It does but to put the shoe on the other foot, what does it say to everyone else when your highest paid player openly says "this is all ya got?" when he comes in to camp late and very out of shape all the time. Then backs it up by scoring at a sub DP level clip while complaining. He should take a look in the mirror before he opens his mouth regarding any other players because he hasn't got himself in order since we signed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wouldn’t surprise me if we start to hear more similar stories as we get closer to what appears to be his inevitable exit. Jozy’s always been a character on (and off) the pitch for better or for worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I view TFC as a good team because we still have Pozuelo, Osorio, Mavinga, Gonzo, Laryea, Bradley but we really lack that big DP up top with Pozuelo that can score 20 goals
    I was one of the first people who thought Zavaleta was horrible (2016 season), and I might get some backlash, but I don’t really rate Gonzalez. Do I think he’s better than Zavaleta? Yes, but he’s a very poor one on one defender, and slow on top of it. He gets exposed when not playing next to Mavinga. I think he’s a low level starting CB in the MLS, and for the amount we pay him, we could find better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I was one of the first people who thought Zavaleta was horrible (2016 season), and I might get some backlash, but I don’t really rate Gonzalez. Do I think he’s better than Zavaleta? Yes, but he’s a very poor one on one defender, and slow on top of it. He gets exposed when not playing next to Mavinga. I think he’s a low level starting CB in the MLS, and for the amount we pay him, we could find better.
    i agree with you on gonzo,so much money wasted on CBs,,i only rate mavinga has a starter,they need another #1 or #2 beside mavinga a #3 type mls vet,and 4 and 5 are dunn and rocco.unless they make the jump to #3 which would be great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i agree with you on gonzo,so much money wasted on CBs,,i only rate mavinga has a starter,they need another #1 or #2 beside mavinga a #3 type mls vet,and 4 and 5 are dunn and rocco.unless they make the jump to #3 which would be great
    I bet some good players will be in this years waiver draft whenever that happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If that's true, I think Jozy is gone by January - many a team in MLS would pick him up, even at that wage. If that's true.

The DP forward we would need (and as much as I like Akinola & Achara, we would want a DP forward) would have to be more of a come back and get and then distribute and run the channels sort of guy - not a target man.

But, here's the problem with that. Current MLS rules indicate that by next season, teams must only have 2 DP's above 24 and can have 1 under. Poz is a given. Is Piatti worth being the second older DP? Cause if so, you have to get a young guy to be that DP forward and those are very very tough to come by.

I would spring for an older DP forward and go with a young CB from somewhere as the 3rd young DP - a hard as nails young guy. Get Piatti on Garber bucks if you can but at 32, that's a risk.
    I think you are off on the DP rule, I believe its you can spend more money on a u23 DP (unlimited) vs a vet its 1.5 mill or something. I also heard something about 3 young DP slots coming in next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Jozy stuff - it was only a week ago that the club was promoting the hell out of him on social media. Not consistent with a rumour campaign, now that o think about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Re Jozy stuff - it was only a week ago that the club was promoting the hell out of him on social media. Not consistent with a rumour campaign, now that o think about it.
    The only person campaigning for Jozy to look bad is Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The only person campaigning for Jozy to look bad is Jozy.
    Truer words

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noble Okello has joined Rocco Romeo on Loan at HB Koge https://twitter.com/hbkogedk/status/...949629440?s=21
    Last edited by langilleski; 09-25-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s good news. The kid really needs some games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Truer words
    Yeah. The problem in the first half on Friday is that we only had 10 players playing, and one wandering around looking uninterested and occupying a DP spot.
    And the local media are too close to the club to call him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Wednesday, in NY.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the Jozy hate going on in here.

Do you lot not watch that game Wednesday night?

Seriously, did you people not notice the tactical changes going on in that game?

Jozy was playing left mid for 40 minutes and tracking back into our penalty area (as KJ mentionned in the half time show).

I get some of you have a problem with Jozy and I don't think he fits the team as created around him. And his antics as described in this thread, if true, are not good.

But he worked his ass off that game & some of you need to go back and look at it. Go on whoscored https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14...-FC-Toronto-FC

Altidore had more touches then Akinola. Look at his heat map and you can see where he was asked to play for much of the game. Look at where his passing is.

He was playing the Osorio role. WILLINGLY.

Uninterested? Pah...if you think that you were not watching the tactics of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the Jozy hate going on in here.

Do you lot not watch that game Wednesday night?

Seriously, did you people not notice the tactical changes going on in that game?

Jozy was playing left mid for 40 minutes and tracking back into our penalty area (as KJ mentionned in the half time show).

I get some of you have a problem with Jozy and I don't think he fits the team as created around him. And his antics as described in this thread, if true, are not good.

But he worked his ass off that game & some of you need to go back and look at it. Go on whoscored https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/14...-FC-Toronto-FC

Altidore had more touches then Akinola. Look at his heat map and you can see where he was asked to play for much of the game. Look at where his passing is.

He was playing the Osorio role. WILLINGLY.

Uninterested? Pah...if you think that you were not watching the tactics of the game
    Totally agree Og. And he did it no complaint. And fairly effectively, all things considered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to respectfully continue to disagree...
    Even when he is playing #9, Jozy is nowadays never standing where a centre forward should be standing or making runs a centre forward should be making - so it's tricky to know what position he is playing.
    And he did not play 'fairly effectively' on Wednesday: The 'whoscored' site OgtheDim refers to only gave 3 players on the field a lower score than him!
    I don't know why Greg didn't put him on the bench and play Jayden Nelson.
    And before someone tells me he scored in Montreal...it was also the guy he was meant to be marking who scored their goal, with Jozy (as usual) several yards off the pace.
    I would love Jozy to prove me wrong...we really can't afford a non-performing DP...but I see no signs of his turning it around.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Forward playing left midfield meant his rating was artificially poor.
    His work tonight was excellent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the second half, when TFC were starting to really grind the Crew down, Altidore closed down a long ball from the Crew's left side with a determined slide tackle. Luke Wileman noted that after the close down, Piatti was super pumped and was screaming encouragement/appreciation in the direction of Jozy. Might be reading too much into things, but it was an interesting circumstance when you take into account what was posted in this thread.

Jozy was always a guy who had mood swings, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was being mopey this season. He appears out of shape, the race issues in America have been front and centre for him, his fiancee has sucked at tennis for a while now after being a top player, and he hasn't played meaningful soccer for a while due to injury and COVID. I am not saying this excuses any potential negative behaviour from him. The reason I mention it, is because I would not be surprised if an emotional/moody player like Jozy is negatively affecting the dressing room and for the same reasons, I would also not be surprised if such an issue is correctable. When things are going good, Jozy is (by all outside appearances) a fantastic team mate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone got an update on Bradley? How much longer?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm OK with Bradley coming back (he's still working on things - no date set from what I've heard from Vanney's pressers).

I'm a little leery of having to fit Auro into this mix. The guy reminds me of Delgado in 2015 - slowing things down when he doesn't have to. ESPECIALLY slow with the throw ins. Defence is better then Laryea's but offensively, he tucks in all the time & gives teams an opening down that wing. That and he only had eyes for Poz & Piatti when going forward.

If Auro comes back, nail him to the sideline and tell him to move the ball faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm OK with Bradley coming back (he's still working on things - no date set from what I've heard from Vanney's pressers).

I'm a little leery of having to fit Auro into this mix. The guy reminds me of Delgado in 2015 - slowing things down when he doesn't have to. ESPECIALLY slow with the throw ins. Defence is better then Laryea's but offensively, he tucks in all the time & gives teams an opening down that wing. That and he only had eyes for Poz & Piatti when going forward.

If Auro comes back, nail him to the sideline and tell him to move the ball faster.
    If Gallacher works out Morrow will be depth on left. Auro becomes depth for Lareya on the right. He should only start when the intent is to slow everything down.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallagher is a loan.

Would cost something to buy plus use an International spot. Unless he's amazing he's a pass for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the non DP core group of the team (Mavinga, Gonzalez, Laryea, Osorio, Bradley, Delgado etc) and I really like Pozuelo as DP a lot. Wouldn't mind Piatti here on TAM.

But the DP's minus Pouzelo are a problem. (Talking about Altidore and Piatti as DP's)

Altidore can score in the next 5 games straight, but it won't matter if he's injured in the playoffs.

Any often injured player is a risk. Successful teams try and remove as much risk as possible.

We need to find a new motivated Altidore and a Giovinco/Vela type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Gallagher is a loan.

Would cost something to buy plus use an International spot. Unless he's amazing he's a pass for me.
    Agreed. He’d have to shine to keep that spot in my books. MLS doesn’t seem to have issues producing fullbacks these days so why tie a second international slot on one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Piatti can eventually be converted to TAM. I think he's on a 1 year + option contract at $1.6 million from what I remember. So they can cut him loose at the end of the season, or pick up the option. I think we just ran out of TAM. When does Omar's contact end? I think he makes over a million dollars and his play the last few weeks has left me believing we could do better at CB given what we're paying him (I still rate him, just not at $1 million+ of TAM money)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallagher is a loan.

He'd be a DP if we signed him right? Transfer fees count towards DP the cap right? He'd definitely come with a bit of a transfer fee that would make him DP. I'm of the belief that Liverpool is just going to send us a different player on loan every year, with us being their version of Man City and NYCFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallagher is a loan.

With the arrival of Gallacher the Reds currently have all eight international spots filled but in the past that has not always been the case. They have also had that eighth spot filled by some pretty fringe players too along the likes of a Oyvind Alseth, Marinaro Mino. Plus what does the future hold for Endoh, Achara ? There is flexibility with the int spots if an opportunity to upgrade does come up.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    He'd be a DP if we signed him right? Transfer fees count towards DP the cap right? He'd definitely come with a bit of a transfer fee that would make him DP. I'm of the belief that Liverpool is just going to send us a different player on loan every year, with us being their version of Man City and NYCFC.
    Is he really a prospect with a future at Liverpool? At 21 years old he has been with their reserve team in PL2 outside of the one cup appearance as a first teamer. It sounded like when he arrived he figured it was time to get his career going. Remember Auro’s transfer fee was 200K thus was not a DP, where if paid Lucas Jansen was going to be 3.5M which the Reds did not do as he would have been a DP.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are these three U-22 slots supposed to work in terms of transfer fees and wages? MLS is the hardest league in all of sports history to understand with all these stupid roster rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no way Gallacher is a DP. Transfermarkt has his value at $275k. My understanding is that any transfer fees can be spread out over the life of a contract or included in the year it's incurred, depending on budget space. We have an option to buy at the end of his loan stint, and I think Vanney mentioned they're serious about keeping him around long term.