Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what the hell is wrong with Endoh anyway? He's been pretty decent in his time here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I haven’t logged on since Covid hit, but I thought I’d drop this here. I was the guy who broke the Van der Wiel/Vanney argument, and that he was sent home. Don’t want to be accused of spreading bullshit.

Altidore is not very liked by a lot of his teammates. He doesn’t work hard at training, and came to camp out of game shape, and has a terrible attitude.

This week, apparently Pozuelo was nursing some sort of injury, and didn’t train this day. Vanney put Endoh in his position during training. After a while, Altidore screamed at Vanney “If this guy is playing in behind me, I’m not playing”. It went on for a bit. Vanney told Endoh that Altidore likes to bully people, and to not worry about it. In the room, Altidore kept going at Endoh, until Ciman finally stepped up for him, and said “At least works hard, unlike you”. Remember, Bradley isn’t there because of his injury.

My personal opinion, he will be gone by summer next season. He’s worn out his welcome. I will never forget what he did for the club, but he’s become a dickhead, and his attitude is just horrible.

TFC would be smart to go after a big name, as the buzz with this team has died a little bit, outside of the 25,000 who show up every week.

I’d also look for a starting CB with the Zav/Ciman money you will get rid off. Gonzalez is very overrated, and not a very good defender. Bring Dunn back to be your 4th.
    Well that’s just terrible. And poor on Vanney too if he can’t put a cork in it at some point. I get some guys will voice frustration and you don’t want to immediately come barrelling through with authority as the manager but if he’s persisting to pick on Endoh the locker room after he needs to be dealt with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know MLS rules in terms of contract buy- out? If they buy him out can they still get another DP?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this training story is true is pretty troubling on a couple fronts.

First and foremost the player obviously. Not a good look for Jozy. He does seem to be quite the cheerleader for young reds so I find this surprising in a way.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, if this is true then it’s a massive problem that this organization has an employee leaking this information to be dropped on an online forum. Let’s be real, if this was told to someone in confidence then it doesn’t end up on the internet. There’s intent here in both this case and the VdW episode. An organizational failure like this is a sign of rot so that’s alarming.

Also interesting that the lid is kept pretty tight on transfer leaks but we’re seeing multiple leaks from the training pitch. I get that this isn’t exactly apples to apples but you get my point...Something stinks here if this is true.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Reds had their first training session in Hartford yesterday, who is that beside Gallardo, a TFC II callup?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to move Jozy for some low amount of GAM and move on. Regardless of whether the Endoh thing happened or not (probably did), Jozy does come out of all breaks and injuries very out of shape and never reaches full fitness before another break of some sort comes. Guy hasn't been fully in shape since 2017 which says a lot about him as a professional, highly paid athlete. He has talent and did a lot here but I would rather ride out Akinola at CF for the rest of this season and aim for a DP that can play at least 3/4 of the season during the winter window.

Time to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was time to move on two years ago. They should have taken the hit and not given a new contract then. We all saw this coming, a player with significant injury history does not magically get better with age.

It was also quite obvious that he is a loose cannon, and not what you need as a mentor.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I agree it's time to move on from Jozy, he seems to have a fit on the field when he doesn't get good service and what not. As Richard said he's not a great leader for kids to look up to on the team. He came on for 10 minutes in the Disney tournament and one of his first touches was to foul the other player.
    I get why they made the rash decision to sign him after losing Seba and Vasquez and how upset the fan base would be if we didn't sign him. But yeah at this point i'm totally up for watching Ayo progress and get more time up front, then we will have Achara back next season. (both with similar characteristics of Jozy but much better work rate, and it shows).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is time for Jozy to go. That just confirms it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This week, apparently Pozuelo was nursing some sort of injury, and didn’t train this day. Vanney put Endoh in his position during training. After a while, Altidore screamed at Vanney “If this guy is playing in behind me, I’m not playing”. It went on for a bit. Vanney told Endoh that Altidore likes to bully people, and to not worry about it. In the room, Altidore kept going at Endoh, until Ciman finally stepped up for him, and said “At least works hard, unlike you”. Remember, Bradley isn’t there because of his injury.
    I"M GOING OFF TOPIC:

But this is why Micheal Bradley is a key member of this club and why replacing him will be difficult. It's not just about what he does on field, but more about what he does off it. Managing this type of BS.

BACK ON TOPIC:

Jozy checked out after Seba left. His body language has gotten louder and louder over the past couple of years, add that to the jabs and small digs about leaving, not showing up in Orlando and now this. He's not liking his football here anymore.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...-stats-leaders

Some nice stats for Poz and Bradley. I'm really surprised Jozy wasn't listed with Osorio on the distance run though, that's strange they must have missed something lol
    Can you imagine if we had a striker up front that could get on the end of all those chances Poz is creating!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting leak from the dressing room. I didnt fully believe the VdW one when it came out - other than there was a bust up - and I am viewing this one with even more skepticism. Jozy might be less motivated with Seba gone - possibly - but there has never been a hint of this kind of negative attitude towards teammates and it seems totally out of the blue (unlike VdW having a bust up where there was a track record of things happening at clubs). To me this sounds like the management trying to lay the groundwork for getting rid of him and I don’t like it. The Jays did this to Roberto Alomar when they didn’t want to pay him what he was worth and it was really ugly, basically destroying his character. Jozy is a legend here and scored critical goals for us injured. I don’t agree with getting rid of Jozy at all, (although understand everyone’s frustration) but at a minimum the club certainly shouldn’t be doing these strategic leaks in an affordable to destroy his reputation
    Last edited by MightyDM; 09-21-2020 at 04:04 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...-stats-leaders

Some nice stats for Poz and Bradley. I'm really surprised Jozy wasn't listed with Osorio on the distance run though, that's strange they must have missed something lol
    Can you imagine if we had a striker up front that could get on the end of all those chances Poz is creating!

Most of the highlights I saw from Belgium were just that... why speedy wingers or a striker to make the runs is so important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There should be way more to this Jozy story. Too many unknowns, too many people calling for his head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has done a lot of covering for Jozy. I don't think Bradley, Vanney or Ali ever really threw him under the bus. For example, when he sat out the Montreal game for personal reasons (FTR, I think TFC should have not played that game), I don't think anyone with the team said an ill word about him. Vanney has been generally supportive of him publicly.

If there was a more coordinated move to taint his image, it wouldn't be coming out on a supporters forum. The US soccer media was more than happy to go after Jozy when they didn't make the World Cup, so I'm sure TFC could find a reporter to run a story to try and run him out of town.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Interesting leak from the dressing room. I didnt fully believe the VdW one when it came out - other than there was a bust up - and I am viewing this one with even more skepticism. Jozy might be less motivated with Seba gone - possibly - but there has never been a hint of this kind of negative attitude towards teammates and it seems totally out of the blue (unlike VdW having a bust up where there was a track record of things happening at clubs). To me this sounds like the management trying to lay the groundwork for getting rid of him and I don’t like it. The Jays did this to Roberto Alomar when they didn’t want to pay him what he was worth and it was really ugly, basically destroying his character. Jozy is a legend here and scored critical goals for us injured. I don’t agree with getting rid of Jozy at all, (although understand everyone’s frustration) but at a minimum the club certainly shouldn’t be doing these strategic leaks in an affordable to destroy his reputation
    All your justification for letting him do whatever he wants is based on the past. He earns respect for what he did in the past but he earns his current paycheck for what he is actually doing right now which isn't a ton in 2020. You can see his attitude changing and his actions speak for him and it isn't getting any better. I don't see how you can be ignoring all that. He doesn't get a free pass from me to do whatever he wants just because of what he did for us in the past. Not from me and not from a lot of TFC fans. This last incident, if true, is just the icing on top and everyone was already talking about his situation before this so I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. My opinion that we should move on was there before this and now after this it is the same.

Also, the club releasing strategic leaks to destroy his reputation? That is your opinion/conspiracy theory or you have proof because that is a strong allegation against the club which, in saying, is an attempt to destroy their reputation?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Most people want Jozy here. But his on field record for the past season and a half is making it hard for people to come to terms with spend $6mil on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I have nothing to gain from lying. Had 3 people tell me I was full of shit when I had said Van Der Wiel was sent home, only for him to post something on Instagram 4 days later about him leaving TFC.

My contacts are pretty concrete. When I hear the same story from 3 different people, I know it’s true.

It’s pretty universal. He is unliked by 95% of his teammates. He doesn’t say a word to anyone when he comes to training. Once Gio left, he became a problem. With Bradley not there to sort out the room, this stuff happens.

I agree with someone before saying they’re trying to keep this under raps, so they can move him in the winter/summer window coming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The Reds had their first training session in Hartford yesterday, who is that beside Gallardo, a TFC II callup?

never seen the guy before,looks like he and jozy are having a stare down lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's always another side to the story

Pure spec?

Jozy told by somebody when Seba left stuff like

We know you like to play with a second guy up top so we will get another strike partner for you.
    &/or
    When Bradley goes off the DP list, we will get another strike partner for you
    &/or
    Just wait until you see the fast guys we are going to get to be running the wings beside you
    &/or
    Poz is such a great passer, you'll be licking your chops at what he can do right behind you in a 4-2-3-1

Well, none of that has happened (and all of those ideas had been talked about by TFC themselves or by pundits) - you get promised something, of course you get ticked off and lose motivation

Jozy is an effective striker, when healthy & in the mood. And, he's a striker - the most egotistical bunch in a sport where everybody is a type A personality. They ALL want the ball always (see Seba's meltdowns that people in here thought were a bit much too)
    I can see somebody in management promising him something, and then it didn't happen.

Doesn't excuse the alleged behaviour.

Just saying - there is always more then one side to things & it would not surprise me at all if he was sold something that Curtis did not deliver on and went into a funk (unprofessional one, if what is said is true)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep raising this same question but no one has ever replied. If we buy-out Jozy does his contract still count against the cap? If so then we may not have room to get another striker. I don't believe another team would take him on a free transfer, given his salary, injuries, and supposed bad attitude. We may be stuck with him for another 2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I keep raising this same question but no one has ever replied. If we buy-out Jozy does his contract still count against the cap? If so then we may not have room to get another striker. I don't believe another team would take him on a free transfer, given his salary, injuries, and supposed bad attitude. We may be stuck with him for another 2 years.
    buyout of Guaranteed Contract

A club may buyout one player (including a Designated Player) who has a Guaranteed Contract during the offseason and free up the corresponding Salary Budget space. Such a buyout is at the club's expense.
    A club may not free up space in the Salary Budget with a buyout of a player's contract during the season. If a club buys out a player's contract during the season, the buyout amount will be charged against the club's Salary Budget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post

A club may buyout one player (including a Designated Player) who has a Guaranteed Contract during the offseason and free up the corresponding Salary Budget space. Such a buyout is at the club's expense.
    A club may not free up space in the Salary Budget with a buyout of a player's contract during the season. If a club buys out a player's contract during the season, the buyout amount will be charged against the club's Salary Budget.
    This team has great players but they lack identity imo.

They had the formula right when they had the top three players on the team as an elite CAM (Vazquez) Superstar striker (Giovinco) and elite second striker (Altidore) all in their prime.

then Seba left... Vazquez left, they replaced Vazquez with Pozuelo (which was amazing) but they never went out to get an elite striker, they got Piatti instead (good player but really a cheap option compared to our history) and Altidore has gotten a little older and more injury prone.

You get what you pay for. Altidore and Piatti are good players but neither are top 15 players in MLS and both are injury prone.

Personally I wish they would sell Altidore and go back to the CAM-ST-ST triangle formation at the top which we had with VV, Seba and Altidore.

I view TFC as a good team because we still have Pozuelo, Osorio, Mavinga, Gonzo, Laryea, Bradley but we really lack that big DP up top with Pozuelo that can score 20 goals

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never seen the guy before,looks like he and jozy are having a stare down lol
    It appears they took a few of the TFC II players they did not loan out. I appears to be Ralph Priso in the pic. Also if you notice there is someone behind him, think its Luke Singh based on the blonde hair you see popping out LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    TFC has done a lot of covering for Jozy. I don't think Bradley, Vanney or Ali ever really threw him under the bus. For example, when he sat out the Montreal game for personal reasons (FTR, I think TFC should have not played that game), I don't think anyone with the team said an ill word about him. Vanney has been generally supportive of him publicly.

If there was a more coordinated move to taint his image, it wouldn't be coming out on a supporters forum. The US soccer media was more than happy to go after Jozy when they didn't make the World Cup, so I'm sure TFC could find a reporter to run a story to try and run him out of town.
    Yes, I think you are right. Shouldn’t take this leak quite so seriously. And Jozy should get fit, score a couple, and we will all be happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    All your justification for letting him do whatever he wants is based on the past. He earns respect for what he did in the past but he earns his current paycheck for what he is actually doing right now which isn't a ton in 2020. You can see his attitude changing and his actions speak for him and it isn't getting any better. I don't see how you can be ignoring all that. He doesn't get a free pass from me to do whatever he wants just because of what he did for us in the past. Not from me and not from a lot of TFC fans. This last incident, if true, is just the icing on top and everyone was already talking about his situation before this so I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference. My opinion that we should move on was there before this and now after this it is the same.

Also, the club releasing strategic leaks to destroy his reputation? That is your opinion/conspiracy theory or you have proof because that is a strong allegation against the club which, in saying, is an attempt to destroy their reputation?
    Fair play to your first point. But to my “strategic leaks”, TFC 1154ever says as much - he is the guy that told us about thebVdW bust up. Both of these are “leaks”. It’s my suggestion that they are on purpose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have nothing to gain from lying. Had 3 people tell me I was full of shit when I had said Van Der Wiel was sent home, only for him to post something on Instagram 4 days later about him leaving TFC.

My contacts are pretty concrete. When I hear the same story from 3 different people, I know it’s true.

It’s pretty universal. He is unliked by 95% of his teammates. He doesn’t say a word to anyone when he comes to training. Once Gio left, he became a problem. With Bradley not there to sort out the room, this stuff happens.

I agree with someone before saying they’re trying to keep this under raps, so they can move him in the winter/summer window coming up.
    Just to be clear, I am not saying you are lying - in fact it’s the opposite. I am assuming that you are telling the truth, that this is what you were told. And I believe you, although it’s not really relevant if I don’t.

However, I also believe that it is more likely than not that the people who tell you this have an agenda. By definition they are associated with the club. It’s their honesty, accuracy, and spin I am questioning. There have been enough examples of teams using rumour campaigns to move out a player they no longer want that it’s totally fair for me to be skeptical, particularly when Jozy does not have a track record of this kind of behaviour at all.

But again, I have no doubt you were told this and no doubt you have sources. But if Jozy really is this unliked, why haven’t we heard a scent of it ever since he has been here? Doesn’t quite add up.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 09-21-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There's always another side to the story

Pure spec?

Jozy told by somebody when Seba left stuff like

We know you like to play with a second guy up top so we will get another strike partner for you.
    &/or
    When Bradley goes off the DP list, we will get another strike partner for you
    &/or
    Just wait until you see the fast guys we are going to get to be running the wings beside you
    &/or
    Poz is such a great passer, you'll be licking your chops at what he can do right behind you in a 4-2-3-1

Well, none of that has happened (and all of those ideas had been talked about by TFC themselves or by pundits) - you get promised something, of course you get ticked off and lose motivation

Jozy is an effective striker, when healthy & in the mood. And, he's a striker - the most egotistical bunch in a sport where everybody is a type A personality. They ALL want the ball always (see Seba's meltdowns that people in here thought were a bit much too)
    I can see somebody in management promising him something, and then it didn't happen.

Doesn't excuse the alleged behaviour.

Just saying - there is always more then one side to things & it would not surprise me at all if he was sold something that Curtis did not deliver on and went into a funk (unprofessional one, if what is said is true)
    Yes this makes more sense. Like Jozy’s comments weren’t directed to Endoh but to Vanney “this is all ya got? A winger as number 10? You told me...”