Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 560
  1. #1
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default TFC 2020 player in-season roster discussion

    TFC 2020

    General roster discussion

    Player in-season moves/speculation/rumours
    Post your speculation/information/etc. here in this thread!

    Confirmed (by traditional media or the club) signings can get a separate single thread. All other "inside" and other information goes here.


  2. #2
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,196
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wonder if Fito Ovalle is getting closer to signing a first team deal. Noticed he is down at BMO today and has been training a lot with the first team. The former RSL midfielder and Chile youth international played 17 games with TFC II last season after playing in Chile with Rangers the previous season. Could be an interesting pickup as Greg is knows he well from the RSL academy.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  3. #3
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,412
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Wonder if Fito Ovalle is getting closer to signing a first team deal. Noticed he is down at BMO today and has been training a lot with the first team. The former RSL midfielder and Chile youth international played 17 games with TFC II last season after playing in Chile with Rangers the previous season. Could be an interesting pickup as Greg is knows he well from the RSL academy.
    Is he a possible backup to Fraser?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,598
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Is he a possible backup to Fraser?
    I think so and I would think that if Fraser proves he is up to the job then having Ovalle on the roster would free us up to trade Delgado in the summer window when Bradley is back to get something for him prior to free agency.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    4,873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So I was one of the people vocally pushing for Fraser to get minutes, partly because I thought he was ready to do the job, partly because he needs minutes to improve; if he can't get minutes here, then he should be loaned out.

    I also though we should trade Delgado, not because I don't like him, but because he has value, and if he becomes a free agent after this year we get nothing for him.

    BUT:

    Maybe it's the other way around. Maybe it's just better having Delgado than Fraser. Maybe we should resign Delgado and let Fraser go. If Vanney still won't put him into a game last night, maybe the writing is on the wall.

    But if that's the case, then we have to keep Marky. We can't lose both of them.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    So I was one of the people vocally pushing for Fraser to get minutes, partly because I thought he was ready to do the job, partly because he needs minutes to improve; if he can't get minutes here, then he should be loaned out.

    I also though we should trade Delgado, not because I don't like him, but because he has value, and if he becomes a free agent after this year we get nothing for him.

    BUT:

    Maybe it's the other way around. Maybe it's just better having Delgado than Fraser. Maybe we should resign Delgado and let Fraser go. If Vanney still won't put him into a game last night, maybe the writing is on the wall.

    But if that's the case, then we have to keep Marky. We can't lose both of them.
    I'd keep Marky, him and auro are the most underappreciated players on TFC.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    241
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Toronto FC and Kansas City want Michel Herrero


  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not sure where exactly Herrero fits unless it is replace one of Delgado, Osorio or Fraser. SKC seems a better fit for him.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Fake news. A 31 year old attacking midfielder makes 0 sense.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    951
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Fake news. A 31 year old attacking midfielder makes 0 sense.
    This.

    Players we need in order of importance imo

    1) Elite Striker/Winger who is healthy to play 30 + games and score goals. Must be clinical in final 3rd.
    2) A CDM - Can Use Oso+Delgado money if we really had too.
    3) Young, good but affordable back up LB to take over Morrow in next 2 years.


    No need for an attacking midfielder with Pozuelo and Osorio

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    510
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    This.

    Players we need in order of importance imo

    1) Elite Striker/Winger who is healthy to play 30 + games and score goals. Must be clinical in final 3rd.
    2) A CDM - Can Use Oso+Delgado money if we really had too.
    3) Young, good but affordable back up LB to take over Morrow in next 2 years.


    No need for an attacking midfielder with Pozuelo and Osorio

    Do we even have enough TAM GAM available to sign any new players? No one seems to be able to answer that question.

  12. #12
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    So I was one of the people vocally pushing for Fraser to get minutes, partly because I thought he was ready to do the job, partly because he needs minutes to improve; if he can't get minutes here, then he should be loaned out.

    I also though we should trade Delgado, not because I don't like him, but because he has value, and if he becomes a free agent after this year we get nothing for him.

    BUT:

    Maybe it's the other way around. Maybe it's just better having Delgado than Fraser. Maybe we should resign Delgado and let Fraser go. If Vanney still won't put him into a game last night, maybe the writing is on the wall.

    But if that's the case, then we have to keep Marky. We can't lose both of them.
    At this point, Fraser has to have a discussion with Vanney and Curtis about their long term plans for him. If they don't have one, then put in a transfer request and get an agent to feel out clubs elsewhere. Most players ceilings become apparent at 22, though there are cases like Laryea being misused by Orlando and reclaimed at 24 as a RB.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belleville
    Posts
    972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have always been a fan of Delgado, I believe he is underrated by many and does a lot of the dirty work that is often under appreciated.
    This is a very interesting set of starts that appears to back up just how valuable he is to this team

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESnPRZHX...ng&name=medium

  14. #14
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,089
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I didn't rate Delgado until last year when I saw how much he was doing defensively.



    12 recoveries is jaw dropping

    Delgado is going to get a TAM deal next year with somebody else in this league & we will only then know what we were missing.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,607
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Delgado was great when he came. Had a shit 2018 but bounced back hard last season and proved he's ready to go this season last night. It's crazy but the last two games have shown we don't need Bradley (who definitely still brings something to the table). Fraser will get his time for sure, he's waiting in the wings. I got faith he will be able to provide and play for the team for seasons to come

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,607
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *news flash: Fraser traded*
    Hahahahahs

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    569
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    *news flash: Fraser traded*
    Hahahahahs
    The local media reaction would be incredible.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    I have always been a fan of Delgado, I believe he is underrated by many and does a lot of the dirty work that is often under appreciated.
    This is a very interesting set of starts that appears to back up just how valuable he is to this team

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESnPRZHX...ng&name=medium
    I'm not a great fan of analyzing players based on stats alone, they can often be misleading, but in this case I think they make a great point. Delgado is under appreciated I believe, and I felt he suffered badly after his miss in the CCL final, that really seemed to damage his confidence for some time. But he definitely works hard, runs all day, doesn't often get injured and contributes a lot to the team as a whole without being flashy. Doing the dirty work is spot on. I for one really hope he gets a new deal.

  19. #19
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Delgado is going to get a TAM deal next year with somebody else in this league & we will only then know what we were missing.
    This is when I really dislike MLS as a league. "Congratulations, you've played your way into a bigger contract, it just can't be with us."
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,607
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    This is when I really dislike MLS as a league. "Congratulations, you've played your way into a bigger contract, it just can't be with us."
    Agreed 100%, it's fucking stupid.

  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Free transfer to a Liga MX side is my bet for Delgado.

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belleville
    Posts
    972
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    I'm not a great fan of analyzing players based on stats alone, they can often be misleading, but in this case I think they make a great point. Delgado is under appreciated I believe, and I felt he suffered badly after his miss in the CCL final, that really seemed to damage his confidence for some time. But he definitely works hard, runs all day, doesn't often get injured and contributes a lot to the team as a whole without being flashy. Doing the dirty work is spot on. I for one really hope he gets a new deal.
    I agree with everything you say. Some of his detractors on here always tend to zone in on either his lack of shooting prowess or his misplaced passes. Yes his shooting leaves a lot to be desired but that’s not what he is in the team for and as for misplaced passes well pretty much every player on the team can be guilty of that so I really don’t think he is worse than anyone else in that department. And in my opinion his work rate and ability to cover a huge amount of ground more than makes up for any deficiencies. I also think he has way more skill than he is given credit for too.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,582
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A propos of nothing, I remember some years back thinking about potential TAM attackers or a new DP to replace Giovinco as he aged and wondering about Josip Ilicic. Ultra talented player that never quite made the jump to top European teams, I thought we might have been able to sell him on MLS and a big contract here.

    Ship's sailed now but man what a player, one of the best in Europe this year. 4 goals against Valencia today...

  24. #24
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sec 112
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Robert Boskovic of TFC2 on loan to Calvary.

    https://twitter.com/ThomasNef2/status/1237513856076804096?s=20


  25. #25
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    16,089
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting idea moving forward



    Us being owned by what is an essential service might mean TFC has a lot of clout when this is all over.

  26. #26
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,196
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Interesting idea moving forward



    Us being owned by what is an essential service might mean TFC has a lot of clout when this is all over.
    I assume we are talking about Bell and Rogers here and not MLSE. Yes I doubt their core business has taken a hit at all. With all the people who are working from home these days companies have had to do a lot from a tech standpoint to make that happen. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Does some name of some sort jump to Belarus for a instant paycheck?

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  27. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes. It will depend a bit on who your owners and sponsors are.
    BMO are likely to suffer from interest rates at 0% and oil at $10/brl.

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,765
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A ray of sunshine. Michael Bradley is on track.

    https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...-controversies
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,929
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That article does reinforce that what Jozy said was accurate. Its subtle but MB clearly speaks to that.

  30. #30
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    7,124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    That article does reinforce that what Jozy said was accurate. Its subtle but MB clearly speaks to that.
    I agree generally, and was thinking of bringing it up but wasn't sure especially in this thread. I would modify what you said though: I believe the article shows that Jozy definitely had a valid point; "accurate" might going too far. But the fact that MB had some "good, hard, honest, direct conversations with everybody inside the club" shows that something was up. But also: "Since then, we’ve all moved on." - which I believe likely refers to MB, Jozy, and everybody in the club.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •