Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yup, last night proved to me that this team is in transition out of Altidore & Bradley. I'm ok with a Pozuelo led team & see hope in Akinola & Achara. Altidore can still contribute at a DP level but he is mentally not here right now & getting up there. I think he operates better with a strike partner but how to do that with Poz as an AM and us only having 2 decent CB's is not easy.

I have large questions about who our second DP should be. Bradley is still overly relied upon & as much as I like Piatti, he's up there in age to.

Needs?

3rd CB
    Another FB
    Left wing pace
    Define a second DP for the long term
    Find that young 3rd DP to fit in somewhere
    I agree with all your points and your list of needs for the team. Even though Piatti is up there in age if he continues to be dangerous like he has been in most games I would ride that out a bit. Who knows. Bradley slowing down is evident to most of us and the TFC staff too I am sure but you are right, we still rely on him too much and they need to get a plan in place for that. He is a great leader but when your body slows down with age there is nothing you can do about it. Altidore has checked out mentally this entire season. Respect for him for what he did for us in the past but I wouldn't mind a DP now that can play every game and do 90 minutes if needed which Altidore does neither these days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Altidore and what he has done for us but I also agree I think its time for him to move on from us. He's gotten way to comfortable and barely has any motivation left to run on the field. It also looks like our style of play completely leaves him out of the game so in that sense a more dynamic forward would be beneficial to us.

Delgado needs to be transitioned to a substitution role. It's remarkable how many good opportunities he gets and cant ever make a shot on target let alone a goal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yup, last night proved to me that this team is in transition out of Altidore & Bradley. I'm ok with a Pozuelo led team & see hope in Akinola & Achara. Altidore can still contribute at a DP level but he is mentally not here right now & getting up there. I think he operates better with a strike partner but how to do that with Poz as an AM and us only having 2 decent CB's is not easy.

I have large questions about who our second DP should be. Bradley is still overly relied upon & as much as I like Piatti, he's up there in age to.

Needs?

3rd CB
    Another FB
    Left wing pace
    I do see a straight swap Altidore for Achara - I don't see a transition issue there - I just don't think Achara can make up for that drive that Jozy can have when he wants to. But I don't think we need a DP to replace Jozy. We proved we can make it to a finals without him - but we couldn't win one without him - so there's that - this is where Pozuelo needs to step up and prove he's a winner. not just a flashy player.

I don't think this will be a Pozuelo led team. He's not mature enough to be the leader of this club. But if this piatti partnership continues to bear fruit, look for a DP signing of similar style once Piatti's wheels fall off. Maybe this is that young DP you mentioned? Someone that will allow Poz to succeed. So yes, maybe the attack is built around Poz's needs to be successful, but he won't be captain.

Look for another Bradley type leader to be one of our future DPs - either in the same position or if they can't find that - a CB.
    I see the next 2 years being a club that will pad supporting pieces around Bradley to make up for his deficiencies. Hopefully in that time we find a leader that can take over the reins.

Love him or hate - Bradley had been a vital - if not the most important - piece in our success. The guy is a leader of men. Someone who was able to manage many different egos, skill levels, personalities throughout the years. Locker room divides and breakdowns were not thing during his time with the club - and the small flare ups that did happen (GvW) were extinguished quickly and they were still able to find success afterwards (a cup run).

The current TFC work ethic and mentality is MB4. Players that come in, adapt to what he feels is the right attitude for a professional wearing our badge.
    So replacing him is going to be extremely difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not really invested in this season,and i dont think the club will make any changes this season,but going forward,they have to get younger faster and have to add a bit more bite to the roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    I love Altidore and what he has done for us but I also agree I think its time for him to move on from us. He's gotten way to comfortable and barely has any motivation left to run on the field. It also looks like our style of play completely leaves him out of the game so in that sense a more dynamic forward would be beneficial to us.

Delgado needs to be transitioned to a substitution role. It's remarkable how many good opportunities he gets and cant ever make a shot on target let alone a goal.
    I like to think of it as:

Delgado in the defensive third: good
    Delgado in the midfield third: great
    Delgado in the attacking third: are we playing down a man?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I like to think of it as:

Delgado in the defensive third: good
    Delgado in the midfield third: great
    Delgado in the attacking third: are we playing down a man?
    If it was strictly drilled into him "THOU SHALT NOT SHOOT" then he'd be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado is gonna score a crazy long shot this season and then miss the net from 4 yards away in the same game. I can already see it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im not really invested in this season,and i dont think the club will make any changes this season,but going forward,they have to get younger faster and have to add a bit more bite to the roster.
    Can changes/additions happen before January outside of those who floating around on the street? The transfer window for anyone outside of the Euro big boys will be interesting times. We at this point do not even know what form phase 2 will take for the Reds, will they be based at RBA like it has been reported. This is the year where you could win a MLS Cup under very strange circumstances.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It boggles my mind that we used tam money for Erickson gallardo. he scored 1 goal in 15 games in the 2019 season in Venezuela. Marco Bustos is a better player who TFC could have signed for free. Hell Telfer did more in like five minutes for TFC past season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC II loans out two non-Canadian players to American USL teams:
    Goalie Eric Klenofsky
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/09/02/toronto-fc-ii-loan-eric-klenofsky-tacoma-defiance
    USL Championship level
    midfielder
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...ard-madison-fc USL League One (same level as TFC II)
    Unlike the Canadians loaned to Canadian Premier League teams, these players are going to American teams. My idea is they will be in the USA so when Toronto FC starts playing US MLS teams, they can be called up to whatever US city TFC is stationed in. Remember larger rosters so they at least can be on the bench.
    Last edited by Rocket Robin; 09-03-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needs?

3rd CB
    Another FB
    Left wing pace
    I think they have planned for Oso to be MB's replacement and based on the early season it works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post

Delgado would be valuable trade material, very valuable indeed. Home grown, does the dirty work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was watching the TFC practice this morning. Bradley was not on the field (I was there for just 15 min), and Akinola as training on his own on the adjacent field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I was watching the TFC practice this morning. Bradley was not on the field (I was there for just 15 min), and Akinola as training on his own on the adjacent field.
    The General is out for a few week.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With The General out for a few weeks with a grad 2 MCL strain this will be another opportunity for Liam to get some extended minutes, hope he takes advantage of it in what will be a pair crucial pair of road games for the Reds in a short time span. It will be key here to have Poz and Jozy on the same page here.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/09/03/toronto-fc-captain-michael-bradley-sidelined-grade-2-mcl-strain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doubt Fraser gets much time in there. Osorio was better in Bradley's spot earlier this year than Fraser.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I think they have planned for Oso to be MB's replacement and based on the early season it works.
    `

Yeah, who'd a thunk it - makes me wonder if he can transition to that with the CanMNT to and what that would do for 2026.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our best midfield this year was Osorio-Delgado-Pozuelo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The General is out for a few week.
    Only a yellow through. Sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Our best midfield this year was Osorio-Delgado-Pozuelo.

Yup, with Fraser and Deleon coming on to rotate/sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

`

Yeah, who'd a thunk it - makes me wonder if he can transition to that with the CanMNT to and what that would do for 2026.
    My preference would be something like Kaye-Osorio-Eustaquio. The third is more defensive in nature while the other two are perfectly capable of playing 2-way. Against better opposition that team loses the plot when it the shape in midfield falls apart.

It is a bit of a rubric cube of a player pool to shoehorn a lineup out of. You have more forwards than you can fit on a roster and a paper thin pool of central defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    It would seem silly to earmark a player for that role when they are so open about their desire to play Attacking Midfield and earned a TAM contract off the back of a 20 goal season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    It would seem silly to earmark a player for that role when they are so open about their desire to play Attacking Midfield and earned a TAM contract off the back of a 20 goal season.
    He might have the desire to be an AM but he isn't good enough. It's an important position and you can get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AM is Poz. I think Oso can do it very well, but not to the level of a DP - if it isn't Poz it will be likely be someone else who comes on a DP ticket.

You are right. I didn't contemplate Oso being a DM either, but he really looked very good indeed when MB was not there - it might be a good transition for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He might have the desire to be an AM but he isn't good enough. It's an important position and you can get better.
    Disagree. I think he’s good enough to play the role and would at other clubs where the AM isn’t one of the best in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree. I think he’s good enough to play the role and would at other clubs where the AM isn’t one of the best in the league.
    He certainly is playing very well. No question.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso captain tonight too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso captain tonight too
    I think Oso is going to be an one club man. Red for life
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I think Oso is going to be an one club man. Red for life
    Hope so. Wasn't always a big Oso fan, but he has won me over.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team was designed for one big push in 2020.

Could still do some damage.

But there has to be turnover into next season.

I don't think we make a move during this transfer window.

But the 2015-2018 days are over.

I suspect there is going to be a lot of pain next season as this team transitions to the next phase. Lots of MLS teams talk about seemlessly moving as a dynasty from one group to the next. Yet to see any body actually do it.