Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Has a signing ever had less chatter than this Gallacher kid? Only a few posts on him
    Probably not.

It's because this is shittiest year I can remember in my life as far sports, politics and social life go. And I'm over 50, from which the last 22 I spent shared between 2 continents.

It's up to debate which is more catastrophal this year on the global scale: the sports, the politics or the social life.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 09-15-2020 at 08:14 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has a signing ever had less chatter than this Gallacher kid? Only a few posts on him
    I think a disconnect is really starting to set in as there have been no games to actually go to. That is especially I think will become the case even more as the team will now be paying in the US for the duration of the season. Look at match threads, some have only had a few posts prior to kickoff and get a few pages with a handful of people participating.

On the Gallacher signing does anyone have any insight on where PL2 teams fit in in terms of quality, at what level in the English system if they played in it especially with the top level teams like the Chelsea, Liverpools etc of the world?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe because it's a loan? I expect him to do well. Look at binks on Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Caldwell is a homer for a few players. Oso, Michael Bradley and Liam Fraser come to mind. He pretty much hates guys like Auro, Delgado and Mavinga though.
    He’s pretty pro Mavinga in my eyes. And you are right about Bradley. Although it didn’t start that way, as you might recall, when they took the armband from him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Maybe because it's a loan? I expect him to do well. Look at binks on Montreal.
    You’d think Liverpool would expect him to get minutes. I suspect this is a test to see if he comes here for good next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You’d think Liverpool would expect him to get minutes. I suspect this is a test to see if he comes here for good next year.
    We need cover for LB, so i think he is going to get minutes and I think finally we got our LW in Lareya. I really hope Vanney does not sit Lareya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    On the Gallacher signing does anyone have any insight on where PL2 teams fit in in terms of quality, at what level in the English system if they played in it especially with the top level teams like the Chelsea, Liverpools etc of the world?
    Well the U21 Academy teams play in the EFL Trophy which is open to League One and League Two teams. So they are mostly probably League Two level or maybe Tier 5 level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    We need cover for LB, so i think he is going to get minutes and I think finally we got our LW in Lareya. I really hope Vanney does not sit Lareya.
    If we’re going to sit one of our best players this year in favour of someone on loan I’ll be shocked. If Laryea can play on the left or the right, there should be some form of opportunity. That said this LB is really the best position I’ve seen him play. Cutting in and attacking the net on his strong foot really works well for him out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If we’re going to sit one of our best players this year in favour of someone on loan I’ll be shocked. If Laryea can play on the left or the right, there should be some form of opportunity. That said this LB is really the best position I’ve seen him play. Cutting in and attacking the net on his strong foot really works well for him out there.
    I could see us sitting a player for the loanee if this is the beginning of some kind of partnership where every year we get a new Liverpool loanee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's more than enough game time to go around. Both Laryea and Morrow have battled injuries this year. Plus, Laryea has shown he can play up on the wing. Given a condensed schedule down the stretch, it's going to be even more important for TFC to be able to rotate and take advantage of the 5 substitutions.

Laryea, in particular, is at his best when he's running at and past defenders. If playing 60 mins or coming in as a late sub lets him do that even more, that only makes the team more dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea's best position is probably as a winger or wingback. His defending is passable, but he will never be mistaken for Philipp Lahm. That is why Vanney always prefers Auro in the RB spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea's best position is probably as a winger or wingback. His defending is passable, but he will never be mistaken for Philipp Lahm. That is why Vanney always prefers Auro in the RB spot.
    Hold the phone, we prefer Auro because of his defending? I think it’s because of ability to keep possession and his passing is better, both of which Vanney values. His defending is no better than Laryea’s. actually, I’d argue it’s worse.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney went over the motives for the loan move in this article from Davidson

https://www.timescolonist.com/sports...ord-1.24203594

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vanney went over the motives for the loan move in this article from Davidson

https://www.timescolonist.com/sports...ord-1.24203594
    It is interesting how he mentions Griffin Dorsey as the future, even if does not factor right now, he must being showing them something? He and Gallacher are actually the same age, 21. Tony is looking for his next opportunity as it appears its not at Liverpool. Kids like him in the past would go out on month long loans to League One/Two sides all the time in the past which they can no longer do due to changes a few years ago by The FA.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Red CB Toronto;1922634]It is interesting how he mentions Griffin Dorsey as the future, even if does not factor right now, he must being showing them something? He and Gallacher are actually the same age, 21. Tony is looking for his next opportunity as it appears its not at Liverpool. Kids like him in the past would go out on month long loans to League One/Two sides all the time in the past which they can no longer do due to changes a few years ago by The FA.[/QUOTE]

how does that work, I ask, as I know Man Utd lent young players last season to div 2 teams

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=burlington Red;1922635]
    It is interesting how he mentions Griffin Dorsey as the future, even if does not factor right now, he must being showing them something? He and Gallacher are actually the same age, 21. Tony is looking for his next opportunity as it appears its not at Liverpool. Kids like him in the past would go out on month long loans to League One/Two sides all the time in the past which they can no longer do due to changes a few years ago by The FA.[/QUOTE]

how does that work, I ask, as I know Man Utd lent young players last season to div 2 teams
    It depends on for how long the loan is, it can be from transfer window to transfer window I believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good arrangement. He's young and from a good system. Has played CB as well as FB and we have an option to buy. Pretty sure this season will be the last for Morrow so it makes sense.

Also by all accounts he wanted to come and got a lot of good words in his ear from Millar.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It's a good arrangement. He's young and from a good system. Has played CB as well as FB and we have an option to buy. Pretty sure this season will be the last for Morrow so it makes sense.

Also by all accounts he wanted to come and got a lot of good words in his ear from Millar.
    Not sure about that in regards to Justin when someone like Drew Moor hung around so long here and is still out there playing in this league, leadership goes a long way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure about that in regards to Justin when someone like Drew Moor hung around so long here and is still out there playing in this league, leadership goes a long way.
    He could re-sign for less and become a bench option like Moor but I think he will move on to doing the Black Players Coalition gig full time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t want to speak out of turn about Morrow who has been an excellent player for the club for so long but the fullback requirements for this team are changing a lot.

I think the focus is finding someone who offers similar characteristics to Auro on the right side, can step into midfield, and create quick triangles with Poz & company, or just plain overlap with pace.

Morrow, at this stage of his career is a defence first fullback. Teammates trust of him going forward is noticeably lacking and really hurts us when we’re trying to work the ball through the midfield and create overloads. MLS and really the fullback position in general is a world different from the days where he was an attacking force down the left side.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-16-2020 at 04:41 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting 10 minute interview today - guy wants to play first team minutes. Not exactly cowed by the adventure - here to play. I am getting the feeling this is the Morrow replacement with Laryea being more a winger and right sided FB.

Five foot eight so not a huge guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome To Toronto Tony.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Hold the phone, we prefer Auro because of his defending? I think it’s because of ability to keep possession and his passing is better, both of which Vanney values. His defending is no better than Laryea’s. actually, I’d argue it’s worse.
    Agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Auro's defending has improved leaps and bounds since he arrived here. But, you guys are well within your right to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Auro's defending has improved leaps and bounds since he arrived here. But, you guys are well within your right to disagree.
    It certainly has. He was often out of position and caught out in his first year. He's much better now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree, he has improved in the area. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven’t logged on since Covid hit, but I thought I’d drop this here. I was the guy who broke the Van der Wiel/Vanney argument, and that he was sent home. Don’t want to be accused of spreading bullshit.

Altidore is not very liked by a lot of his teammates. He doesn’t work hard at training, and came to camp out of game shape, and has a terrible attitude.

This week, apparently Pozuelo was nursing some sort of injury, and didn’t train this day. Vanney put Endoh in his position during training. After a while, Altidore screamed at Vanney “If this guy is playing in behind me, I’m not playing”. It went on for a bit. Vanney told Endoh that Altidore likes to bully people, and to not worry about it. In the room, Altidore kept going at Endoh, until Ciman finally stepped up for him, and said “At least works hard, unlike you”. Remember, Bradley isn’t there because of his injury.

My personal opinion, he will be gone by summer next season. He’s worn out his welcome. I will never forget what he did for the club, but he’s become a dickhead, and his attitude is just horrible.

TFC would be smart to go after a big name, as the buzz with this team has died a little bit, outside of the 25,000 who show up every week.

I’d also look for a starting CB with the Zav/Ciman money you will get rid off. Gonzalez is very overrated, and not a very good defender. Bring Dunn back to be your 4th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's true, I think Jozy is gone by January - many a team in MLS would pick him up, even at that wage. If that's true.

The DP forward we would need (and as much as I like Akinola & Achara, we would want a DP forward) would have to be more of a come back and get and then distribute and run the channels sort of guy - not a target man.

But, here's the problem with that. Current MLS rules indicate that by next season, teams must only have 2 DP's above 24 and can have 1 under. Poz is a given. Is Piatti worth being the second older DP? Cause if so, you have to get a young guy to be that DP forward and those are very very tough to come by.

I would spring for an older DP forward and go with a young CB from somewhere as the 3rd young DP - a hard as nails young guy. Get Piatti on Garber bucks if you can but at 32, that's a risk.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-19-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would then explain why this season seems to be unravelling. The dressing room must be toxic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If that's true, I think Jozy is gone by January - many a team in MLS would pick him up, even at that wage. If that's true.

The DP forward we would need (and as much as I like Akinola & Achara, we would want a DP forward) would have to be more of a come back and get and then distribute and run the channels sort of guy - not a target man.

But, here's the problem with that. Current MLS rules indicate that by next season, teams must only have 2 DP's above 24 and can have 1 under. Poz is a given. Is Piatti worth being the second older DP? Cause if so, you have to get a young guy to be that DP forward and those are very very tough to come by.

I would spring for an older DP forward and go with a young CB from somewhere as the 3rd young DP - a hard as nails young guy. Get Piatti on Garber bucks if you can but at 32, that's a risk.
    you can add perruzza to those young fowards ,he scored 2 great goals in the usl tonight.i like his game.