Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder why they are not taking a national lead , I would trust national authorities on this one. We are already seeing NCAA basketball teams cancelling road trips due to concerns. I found it interesting that some teams have pulled out, but the tournament they pulled out of is still going on. Not sure what to make of that. Leadership is needed here and I am not sure we are getting it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ar-coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Until local health authorities make utterances, nobody is doing a thing. Garber has said MLS is relying upon local authorities, not national, to make decisions.

The only request I would have of MLSE is to make sure the water is warm in the bathrooms and there is a lot of soap. I would hope the 1/3 of guys I see go out of there without washing their hands would think twice but I have my doubts.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Local health authorities have the power to stop games from going on or not.

See LA - where it hasn't gotten there yet.

In Toronto, if Toronto Public health wanted to tell MLSE to not have fans at games, not much MLSE could do.

As people keep saying, listen to health authorities in Canada and wash your damn hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And if you do contract corona virus, take solace in the fact that you have over a 96% chance of surviving it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only request I would have of MLSE is to make sure the water is warm in the bathrooms and there is a lot of soap. I would hope the 1/3 of guys I see go out of there without washing their hands would think twice but I have my doubts.
    Actually, I think it would be more important to your own personal health to wash your hands before you go. Just saying...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    And if you do contract corona virus, take solace in the fact that you have over a 96% chance of surviving it.
    While I understand the sentiment, let's not be flippant about this. The reported mortality rate of 2% (not 4%, that would be quite a bit worse), this would mean 750,000 deaths in Canada. That's like the entire population of Hamilton.

Yes, it would mean that you probably would survive, but you might infect someone's parent or grandparent or your friend that has diabetes and effectively kill them.

We can all be keyboard warriors on this now, but nobody know what is really going on until the whole thing has blown over.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would LOVE that, but sadly never gonna happen especially on the west side. The plumbing just isn't right. A few years ago, there was talk of a west-side upgrade which could have fixed a bunch of things including that. But with apparent cost-cutting and less-than-sellout attendance, I seriously doubt to see that in my life.

Actually if you're not very old, don't have pre-conditions, and don't get a very high viral exposure (for example as someone working in the healthcare field might) your chances are much better than that. The +96% reported survival rate is the overall average including the vulnerable population. (It's my 92-year-old mom I'm especially concerned about, for example...)

EDIT: Word Health Organization says 94k cases; 3,200 fatalities; 96.6% survival rate. HOWEVER 94k cases is likely to be more under-reported than the 3,200 fatalities, so the average survival rate is probably even higher. (Somebody check my math please.) Still doesn't help the elderly, folks with asthma / diabetes / heart condition / past cancer patient etc. etc. that you might be infecting, as Kayaker said.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/202...-covid-19.html
    Last edited by Auzzy; 03-04-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
    While I understand the sentiment, let's not be flippant about this. The reported mortality rate of 2% (not 4%, that would be quite a bit worse), this would mean 750,000 deaths in Canada. That's like the entire population of Hamilton.
    That's assuming that every single person in Canada gets infected.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    That's assuming that every single person in Canada gets infected.
    Yes, that's correct. That's why some countries are being so draconian. It's easier to stop a small brushfire than a raging wildfire.

Because 98% of infected survive, and there is a 5-14 day infectious period without symptoms, it doesn't take much to get to the point where everyone will get it. South Korea is doing what they are doing because one person infected up to 40 people (yes, it was a crowded church, but think about a subway ride during rush hour).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Actually, I think it would be more important to your own personal health to wash your hands before you go. Just saying...
    Wash all the time sure.....

but, let's be honest here - people doing a dump & or a leak in a public can, who don't wash their hands are a dangerous monstrosity and should be called out right now for being the lazy assed selfish idiots they are.

I don't want their shit or piss anywhere outside of the bog, thank you very much.

On that helpful note ......

Hourly weather forecast out now saying

Sunny

2 degrees, feeling like -4 SW winds of 29 km/h

Been worse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wash all the time sure.....

but, let's be honest here - people doing a dump & or a leak in a public can, who don't wash their hands are a dangerous monstrosity and should be called out right now for being the lazy assed selfish idiots they are.

I don't want their shit or piss anywhere outside of the bog, thank you very much.

On that helpful note ......

Hourly weather forecast out now saying

Sunny

2 degrees, feeling like -4 SW winds of 29 km/h

Been worse
    It's a shame that it will be 10 degree on Sunday. I'm glad the cpl season starts in April.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until local health authorities make utterances, nobody is doing a thing. Garber has said MLS is relying upon local authorities, not national, to make decisions.

That's what I mean.
    Everyone washing their hands (as they should) would need a 2 hour halftime.
    BMO is not equipped for everyone to be washing their hands.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff is out for this match. DeLeon questionable.

Leach saying Vanney isn't outright saying it but Piatti hasn't started back training yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leach saying Vanney isn't outright saying it but Piatti hasn't started back training yet.
    34 MLS matches in a season, that's 3,060 available minutes. Halfway point is 1,530. I'm betting the under on that for Piatti... for reference last year Altidore played 1,691 minutes.

Anyways there's a decision to be made with Shaffelburg out, though I wouldn't have started him again anyways. Assuming Fraser starts, one of Delgado or Osorio would be out of the middle 3. I'd like to see Gallardo start at RW so that leaves LW to either Endoh or you push Osorio up there.

Either way I think we could see Nelson off the bench which should be fun.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So on SportsCentre, they did a comedy bit with who the Oscar should go to for diving between Jozy and Lebron and Jozy was saying he does it and it's part of the game which everyone knows but admitting to it on TV? I hope no MLS refs were watching or the last game we had will be the last one where there is a call we ever get in the box where Jozy is involved even if they take him down legitimately. Or maybe not and no MLS refs watch SportsCentre or look at the MLS website. Let's see if there are some "no call" events this weekend to test the theory.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I saw Pablo arrive at BMO this morning. He arrived with Shaff, first two guys in the building. Said he was very happy to be here.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...think I misinterpreted the tweet by Leach.

So listened to the Vanney interview and he's not running yet.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...?autoplay=true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    That's what I mean.
    Everyone washing their hands (as they should) would need a 2 hour halftime.
    BMO is not equipped for everyone to be washing their hands.
    Good point... in my opinion we should be thanking the heroes who don't wash their hands. They ensure that half-time is smooth and efficient. The sacrifice they are making so that ordinary folks can use the sinks is something I've thought about making a small tifo for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Good point... in my opinion we should be thanking the heroes who don't wash their hands. They ensure that half-time is smooth and efficient. The sacrifice they are making so that ordinary folks can use the sinks is something I've thought about making a small tifo for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    ^ My vote for post of the year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fact is those hand dryers spread the germs ( or the last guys) worse than leaving your hands wet . These cheapies that give us the barely adequate facilities , and we accept it ,bet it was never mentioned at the forums , need to have paper to dry our hands .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are pretty calm here relative to the rest of the world. I am not sure next weekend's game gets played (or at least not in front of fans).

Just a feeling I have based on pace of US news today. I think US sports events are for sure coming to a screeching widespread halt pretty soon.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    We are pretty calm here relative to the rest of the world. I am not sure next weekend's game gets played (or at least not in front of fans).

Just a feeling I have based on pace of US news today. I think US sports events are for sure coming to a screeching widespread halt pretty soon.
    Thought it was interesting that the San Jose Sharks played their home game last night even after local health officials advised them not to. Will be interesting to see how things proceed in the coming weeks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And...finally

Its GAME DAY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How mad is everyone gonna be when Fraser starts on the bench? I can't see Vanney changing the midfield unless he plans to start Pozuelo on the left in Shaff's place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see us play a 4-4-2 diamond. NYC has no width, not much pace & the defenders tend to sit back. They rely on quick ball movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How mad is everyone gonna be when Fraser starts on the bench? I can't see Vanney changing the midfield unless he plans to start Pozuelo on the left in Shaff's place.
    He featured heavily in pre-season, was talked up by management as the guy to step in while Bradley's away, and Vanney specifically said it was a unique tactical decision in playing SJ to not start him in the opener. So, pretty mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    He featured heavily in pre-season, was talked up by management as the guy to step in while Bradley's away, and Vanney specifically said it was a unique tactical decision in playing SJ to not start him in the opener. So, pretty mad.
    I thought that was a weird decision by Vanney. It very much put short-term tactical considerations ahead of everything else.

Wouldn’t love that decision if I were a developing player at this club.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not mad at all. Oso and Delgado are both easily better than him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I thought that was a weird decision by Vanney. It very much put short-term tactical considerations ahead of everything else.

Wouldn’t love that decision if I were a developing player at this club.
    You wouldn’t love that your manager makes tactical decisions based on different scenarios?

If I were a developing player I’d hate to have a manager incapable of being tactically smart enough to set up game by game. How the hell are you going to learn anything from a manager who blindly just plays the same tactics week in week out with absolutely no regard for the opposition or circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomLawrence View Post
    You wouldn’t love that your manager makes tactical decisions based on different scenarios?

If I were a developing player I’d hate to have a manager incapable of being tactically smart enough to set up game by game. How the hell are you going to learn anything from a manager who blindly just plays the same tactics week in week out with absolutely no regard for the opposition or circumstances.
    Big picture: promising prospect patiently waits his turn playing behind one the clubs highest paid players. Struggles to get consistent playing time. Big opportunity comes at start of new season. Held back on bench first game due to “tactics”

Let’s just say what this really is: “tactics” here is really the manager’s preference for more experienced players.