Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 2 - NYCFC @ TFC - Saturday March 7 5pm - When You Hear the Call

You've Got to Get It Underway

WORD UP

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Gallardo starts or laryea at right wing. Other than that I would leave the lineup the same as last game. Endoh at left wing instead of shaffleburg who should be loaned to the cpl or converted to left back.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see if TFC can continue their 11 game unbeaten streak, hopefully with a win this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start Fraser or I will be really mad online

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Start Fraser or I will be really mad online
    Pretty sure Vanney said not starting Fraser last game was tactical only based on how SJ plays. Will see if that is the case this weekend I assume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff was our most dynamic player in the first half. He destroyed his opposite number on San Jose.

Will be interesting to see what Vanney does. Laryea earned minutes. who knows what Gallardo is doing in training? Endoh earned minutes. Who does Fraser replace? Marky?

I like the formation they played which most of the time looked like a 4-4-2 with Poz under Jozy. It works nicely with the players we have. And shaff Endoh Gallardo Laryea and Nelson all can work within this system. You could also call it a 4-2-3-1.

I thought it was really interesting that when Poz went off they pushed Marky up and not Oso. Suggests they have confidence in Oso's defensive work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Shaff was our most dynamic player in the first half. He destroyed his opposite number on San Jose.

Will be interesting to see what Vanney does. Laryea earned minutes. who knows what Gallardo is doing in training? Endoh earned minutes. Who does Fraser replace? Marky?

I like the formation they played which most of the time looked like a 4-4-2 with Poz under Jozy. It works nicely with the players we have. And shaff Endoh Gallardo Laryea and Nelson all can work within this system. You could also call it a 4-2-3-1.

I thought it was really interesting that when Poz went off they pushed Marky up and not Oso. Suggests they have confidence in Oso's defensive work.
    Shaff has great energy, pace, and effort but he doesn't have a clue what to do in the box. He is not creative whatsoever. I actually agree Mikmacdo, he should be developed as a LB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Shaff has great energy, pace, and effort but he doesn't have a clue what to do in the box. He is not creative whatsoever. I actually agree Mikmacdo, he should be developed as a LB.
    He reminds me of a younger Justin Morrow but with a better ability to cross the ball into the box. Let him have a few more chances as winger coming off the bench then start grooming him for LB, which we will eventually need as a Morrow replacement. I think he could do well as LB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    He reminds me of a younger Justin Morrow but with a better ability to cross the ball into the box. Let him have a few more chances as winger coming off the bench then start grooming him for LB, which we will eventually need as a Morrow replacement. I think he could do well as LB.
    Do we even know if Shaff can defend?
    Last guy TFC tried to force to convert to LB was Edwards and that experiment didn't go so well for Edwards
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure the change was only made at half time because shaff picked up a knock - light hamstring strain, and he was certainly stretching it at the end of the half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is interesting as Delgado has tended to be the more defensive minded of the two in the past.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry - need a thread title edit.

March 7th

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sorry - need a thread title edit.

March 7th
    Done.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Agreed. I’ll stick to the assertion he’s just not a forward, rather wide midfielder or wingback.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would start Fraser but he didn't look very good on Saturday. Hopefully he hits the ground running with a start rather than a sub.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you all can find your hand and feet warmers cause its gonna be a cold one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless the coronavirus starts keeping people away.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Unless the coronavirus starts keeping people away.
    MLSE announce an measures or delays due to sanitizing b4 entry?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    MLSE announce an measures or delays due to sanitizing b4 entry?
    Until local health authorities make utterances, nobody is doing a thing. Garber has said MLS is relying upon local authorities, not national, to make decisions.

The only request I would have of MLSE is to make sure the water is warm in the bathrooms and there is a lot of soap. I would hope the 1/3 of guys I see go out of there without washing their hands would think twice but I have my doubts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder why they are not taking a national lead , I would trust national authorities on this one. We are already seeing NCAA basketball teams cancelling road trips due to concerns. I found it interesting that some teams have pulled out, but the tournament they pulled out of is still going on. Not sure what to make of that. Leadership is needed here and I am not sure we are getting it.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ar-coronavirus

Until local health authorities make utterances, nobody is doing a thing. Garber has said MLS is relying upon local authorities, not national, to make decisions.

The only request I would have of MLSE is to make sure the water is warm in the bathrooms and there is a lot of soap. I would hope the 1/3 of guys I see go out of there without washing their hands would think twice but I have my doubts.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I think it would be more important to your own personal health to wash your hands before you go. Just saying...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I mean.
    Everyone washing their hands (as they should) would need a 2 hour halftime.
    BMO is not equipped for everyone to be washing their hands.

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+3 degrees!!! pffttt thats soft cakes for us!! Thats summer :P

Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the formation was a 4-4-2 and Poz was behind Jozy, who was the 2nd striker?

As for Shaff, he just might be the least technically capable player on the squad. All speed, little skill.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I viscerally hate these incredibly stupid and unnecessary winter games.

You cannot play soccer properly when it is this cold.

I don’t want Jozy and Pozo (or anyone) to get hurt. But I hope Vanney only plays those two for 45 minutes.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen to that. Why can’t we at least have the first three or four games on the road? I’m sure teams in the south would gladly play us now and then play us at home in our summer to escape the heat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect that we get these early season home games because we are amongst those teams that have the highest attendance. The league can give us these lousy dates knowing we will still have a decent crowd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d like to know what the league is thinking putting fixtures like this in early March. Strikes me as clueless.

Would the Texas teams start at noon in the middle of summer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    If the formation was a 4-4-2 and Poz was behind Jozy, who was the 2nd striker?

As for Shaff, he just might be the least technically capable player on the squad. All speed, little skill.
    OK. 4-4-1-1. Which is a 4-4-2 Variation.

Vanney definitely had the team set up for significant portions of the game as two banks of four, including Shaff Oso Marky Auro; Laryea Oso Marky Auro and Laryea Oso Fraser Auro as the second bank, under Poz and Jozy, Marky and Jozy and Marky and Mullins respectively.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, some new food options

Usually some beer changes too.

Will have to see....