Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Orlando supporters with the most serious shade I've seen in an MLS TIFO since our bad old days

Deleted!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, here it is again

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So....not going to learn too much about NYC or Columbus today.

NYC goes down a man after 3 minutes. Columbus can't create a decent chance - ball movement way too slow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just scouting our opponent in MLS Cup 2020 now.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Nashville Atlanta game. One of the ARs really messed things up to help Atlanta's 2nd goal. Put up the flag which confused the Nashville players (I know you play to the whistle, but still), lowered the flag, and allowed Atlanta to continue unopposed. Was an awesome strike either way. That AR, it's the same one that caused confusion for us last year during the game at New England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta just lost 20+ goals for the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So....not going to learn too much about NYC or Columbus today.

NYC goes down a man after 3 minutes. Columbus can't create a decent chance - ball movement way too slow.
    Learned that the hype building around Columbus and a potential bounce back might be overblown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carlos Vela magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Miami is going to be decent once they figure out a system they want to play. There are peices of that team and they can add in the summer, but they are not ready for the top teams. Also 70 mins into the game and I'm pretty unimpressed with LAFC other than their supporters. They bring it.. much respect.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all of our frustration with yesterday’s ending; only one team in the East got any points on the road other than us and that was Atlanta playing an expansion team and they may have lost Martinez for an extended period of time, so I think I’d take our result over theirs too....frankly NYRB beat the worst team at home, Clbs beat a 10 man NYCFC team, and only Mtl beat a team in NE at home who was a non-playoff team last year - I guess Orlando tied a good team but they were at home too. How many East teams looked way better than us yesterday, and we were still short Bradley and Piatti?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    ,,How many East teams looked way better than us yesterday, and we were still short Bradley and Piatti?
    Nobody.

Its only the first week but Atlanta and Montreal look well coached. NYC is an unknown.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody.

Its only the first week but Atlanta and Montreal look well coached. NYC is an unknown.
    Unless Atlanta find a suitable replacement -- then all the best coaching in the world is not making up for the loss of Martinez....thats close to 45%+ of their goals over the last 2 seasons gone in an instant --- we all know what its like to not have your top scorer on the field, in this league replacing a top-level DP forward is near impossible without a DP slot open.....lets be honest -- when they won it all in 2018 JM played an incredible 95% of available regular season minutes that year, he played about 85% of the minutes last year -- imagine what Jozy's numbers would look like if he was anywhere close to those numbers? Jozy got to 72% of the minutes in 2017 and 29% of the minutes in 2018 -- think our results those two years aren't skewed a little by those numbers? (FYI - Carlos Vela had about 89% of the regular season minutes last year played) -- bottom line is it's really hard to have sustained success if your best players aren't on the field, especially teams where a bulk of their scoring is tied up in one key (DP) forward....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 03-01-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone looking for a good sleep-aid, whitecaps and a 10:30 EST time slot are the ticket.

Long year for Cavalinni I think. Service non existent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of golazos in week 1
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading that with Martinez out, Atlanta’s only striker depth is Adam Jahn. No disrespect to him but it just goes to show that in the current state of MLS roster building we’re not the only team with the issue about what happens when we lose our star striker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I was reading that with Martinez out, Atlanta’s only striker depth is Adam Jahn. No disrespect to him but it just goes to show that in the current state of MLS roster building we’re not the only team with the issue about what happens when we lose our star striker.
    We've been able to survive without Jozy for 5 years now to a fair degree. Let's see if they can.