Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Wow. That was a sick strike. Damn.
    Painful, but a draw on the road is an ok start. Think TFC bossed them for the most part, football can be cruel.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking embarrassing referee needs to ruin my weekend thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So most on here were calling for an easy 3 points lol ya ok , 2 points dropped that will come back to kill them when it comes to making the playoffs and having more home playoff games if they make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Undone by 2 quality strikes. The game plan was good, except for starting Shaff. Boys ran their heart out, esp Endoh and Delgado who were all over the pitch.

Unlucky
    If you were nit picking you could say a bit more ruthlessness around the box but otherwise.. hard to say anything bad.

I have no idea how they pressed so hard for 90 minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Shaff's future is in the CPL. He doesn't have the touch for MLS. Speed and nothing else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as I saw the foul (and boy, did the 'quakes player sell that), all I could chant was: "Please, no goonies." Alas, it was in vain. I just hope this doesn't become a pattern or I'll think Tobias is moving back into the neighbourhood.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If you were nit picking you could say a bit more ruthlessness around the box but otherwise.. hard to say anything bad.

I have no idea how they pressed so hard for 90 minutes
    Effin Team Effin Works

Helps they've been in California for weeks. No travel weariness. But this is the calling card of this team now. Team defence.

Hard to fault anyone in the first game of the year. Scrappy and sloppy. Only thing I took out of that was Shaff looked not good enough.

Big test next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Piatti is available what formation do you play? Do you stick with a 4 3 3? Does Piatti have the speed to play the wing given his injuries? In my view the wings are our biggest weakness yet Vanney insists on playing that formation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the game I would have been happy to take a Tie out West, but obviously this feels like two points squandered and we played a decent game overall frankly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah prob should have been a win, some shit calls, that free kick was insane too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 man wall not enough. Not even positioned correctly. Goalie needs some of the blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought we played decent. Having Piatti and Galardo could have been the difference from 2 goals to 4.

Only pickle I have is with Endoh at the end. Why after blocking the first cross did he not close down the winger? He gave him a foot and a half to compose himself, and get the ball under control.

Everyone was good except Altidore and Morrow. Both struggled mightily today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Thought we played decent. Having Piatti and Galardo could have been the difference from 2 goals to 4.

Only pickle I have is with Endoh at the end. Why after blocking the first cross did he not close down the winger? He gave him a foot and a half to compose himself, and get the ball under control.

If Vanney prefers Shaff over Gallardo then Gallardo must look terrible in training and has no future with the team . Shaff was the worst player on the field today. If Vanney plans on giving him significant minutes this year then we are in deep, deep trouble. He is an anti-talent. Why is he even in the lineup over Laryea? The fact that Poz won't pass him the ball tells you all you need to know.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 02-29-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, that's a wonder strike. Unsaveable.
    It was a nice blast but upon reflection, it's a decent reminder of why Bono used to start. It is pretty unusual to have keeper with as little height as Q.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Fucking embarrassing referee needs to ruin my weekend thanks
    Your weekend will be just fine, can not wait until next Saturday.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does anyone know if Gallardo could make a difference or not, we really have no clue what the Reds have in him.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It was a nice blast but upon reflection, it's a decent reminder of why Bono used to start. It is pretty unusual to have keeper with as little height as Q.
    I agree. A 6'3 keeper tips that shot over the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC fans deserve better then to watch players like Schaff. It’s incompetence on behalf of Vanney and staff to start him imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good team effort overall, but that tying goal can't go in from that angle. Two points squandered in the dying seconds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Defoe;1917957]TFC fans deserve better then to watch players like Schaff. It’s incompetence on behalf of Vanney and staff to start him imo[/QUOTE

It's because Vanney insists on playing this stupid 4-3-3 formation even though we have no quality wingers. I blame Vanney for today's result with his roster selection. You play a style that best suits the talent on your roster. Yet Vanney insists on forcing a square peg into a round hole.

Once Piatti is back I would like to see a 4 2 3 1 formation with Fraser and Delgado the holding mids, behind Osorio, Poz, and Piatti, with Jozy the sole striker. Endoh on the bench and Shaff on loan to York 9, where he is converted to a left back as an earlier poster suggested. We need his roster spot for another backup striker.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 02-29-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good road performance that would usually net us 3 points. Good start to the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I think Shaff's future is in the CPL. He doesn't have the touch for MLS. Speed and nothing else.
    He’s 19 FFS. Destroyed them the first half. His touch let him down, but showed lots of great movement and pace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    When Piatti is available what formation do you play? Do you stick with a 4 3 3? Does Piatti have the speed to play the wing given his injuries? In my view the wings are our biggest weakness yet Vanney insists on playing that formation.
    They played a 4-4-2 today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Effin Team Effin Works

Helps they've been in California for weeks. No travel weariness. But this is the calling card of this team now. Team defence.

Hard to fault anyone in the first game of the year. Scrappy and sloppy. Only thing I took out of that was Shaff looked not good enough.

Big test next week.
    Shaff was very effective for lots of things today. Just two bad touches but in the other hand Marky passed the ball right to them early on; Poz fell over etc etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He’s 19 FFS. Destroyed them the first half. His touch let him down, but showed lots of great movement and pace.

He is actually 20 and at that age a players touch should be developed. He can improve on his positioning and awareness but touch and ball handling skills are a talent. You either have it or you don't. What I saw today is a player who doesn't. He reminds me a lot of Ricketts.

My point is if we want to win MLS Cup this year we can't afford to be a training ground for young players to develop. He shouldn't have been in the line up today. The fact that Vanny took him out at halftime is an acknowledgment by Vanney that starting him was a mistake.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 02-29-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=NK Toronto;1917962]
    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    TFC fans deserve better then to watch players like Schaff. It’s incompetence on behalf of Vanney and staff to start him imo[/QUOTE

It's because Vanney insists on playing this stupid 4-3-3 formation even though we have no quality wingers. I blame Vanney for today's result with his roster selection. You play a style that best suits the talent on your roster. Yet Vanney insists on forcing a square peg into a round hole.

Once Piatti is back I would like to see a 4 2 3 1 formation with Fraser and Delgado the holding mids, behind Osorio, Poz, and Piatti, with Jozy the sole striker. Endoh on the bench and Shaff on loan to York 9, where he is converted to a left back as an earlier poster suggested. We need his roster spot for another backup striker.
    It was a 4-4-2 today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=MightyDM;1917968][QUOTE=NK Toronto;1917962]
    It was a 4-4-2 today
    [/QUOTE

Are you sure? Who was the 2nd striker? Poz was playing behind Jozy.

Man why can't I get the quotes to which I am responding to show in yellow?
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 02-29-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give Shaff a break. There is enough there with him to preserve until we know for sure it wont work out.
    11 games is absolutely not enough to judge a 20 yr old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Give Shaff a break. There is enough there with him to preserve until we know for sure it wont work out.
    11 games is absolutely not enough to judge a 20 yr old.
    Not to mention it’s only the very first match of the season. I’d like to give anyone a bit of leaway this early - unless they’ve been committing the same errors for some time now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope we don't look back at this match as two points lost that cost us the supporters shield.

I stand by my earlier comments that we can't be a training ground for developing players this season. Our window to win is now. Given how well Laryea played last season I find Vanney's decision to start Shaff over him puzzling.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 02-29-2020 at 10:41 PM.