Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 181 to 194 of 194
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    533
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Ad hominem (Latin for "to the person"), short for argumentum ad hominem, typically refers to a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

    The most common form of ad hominem fallacy is "A makes a claim a, B asserts that A holds a property that is unwelcome, and hence B concludes that argument a is wrong"

    also this:
    Confirmation bias is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms or strengthens one's prior personal beliefs or hypotheses.[1] It is a type of cognitive bias. People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for desired outcomes, for emotionally charged issues, and for deeply-entrenched belief
    You are calling the personal integrity of a player into question based on absolutely nothing.

    If you're going to make those types of claims then the onus is on you to provide real evidence.

    It's one thing to criticize a mistake or a draw that could have been a win. But to accuse someone of deliberately throwing a match without any proof is a whole other level of asshattery.

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,743
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You want to accuse a player of throwing a game, no hiding in anonymity. You sign your real name and address, and put some real evidence out there.

    I really think unless this guy does all that, mods should delete these posts by this guy about Q.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ossington Ave
    Posts
    8,606
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Think anyone with any sense will laugh at the suggestion that Q is corrupt

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    773
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Think anyone with any sense will laugh at the suggestion that Q is corrupt
    You guys are misunderstanding something

    I am not saying Q is corrupt.

    He is not doing anything the league has not told him to do.
    I believe all Professional sports are scripted

    My post has been deleted. You guys misunderstand and also cannot handle this type of discussion

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought it was a pretty exciting game for the most part, and the referee was pretty good, but that was my opinion, good to see Jozy healthy, a bit of rust on the whole but not a stinker,

  6. #186
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought we looked great. Guess I was watching a different game. We looked composed for the most part and in control. We've come out flat footed in many season openers. If this is the weak baseline, I think we're in for a good year.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I thought we looked great. Guess I was watching a different game. We looked composed for the most part and in control. We've come out flat footed in many season openers. If this is the weak baseline, I think we're in for a good year.
    Rusty, and Poz looked dead on his feet after about 65 minutes, but otherwise completely dominant for the most part. Should have won. And referee was terrible from my perspective.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Rusty, and Poz looked dead on his feet after about 65 minutes, but otherwise completely dominant for the most part. Should have won. And referee was terrible from my perspective.
    I've seen much worse referring performances, but it's an MLS problem that they all seem to favour home teams. This guy did. Nothing outrageous, but lots of little niggly calls only going one one, much like the free kick that lead to the 2nd goal.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    You guys are misunderstanding something

    I am not saying Q is corrupt.

    He is not doing anything the league has not told him to do.
    I believe all Professional sports are scripted

    My post has been deleted. You guys misunderstand and also cannot handle this type of discussion
    So, first you post that Q let in the goal on purpose. Then you say you aren't calling Q corrupt because he let in the goal on purpose, you just think he and the league have scripted the result of this game because all professional sports are scripted? Then you post that OTHER people are misunderstanding something. News flash buddy, you aren't as articulate as you think you are. And telling other people that they can't handle a discussion, or posting definitions to words you copied and pasted from the internet doesn't make you sound smart. Just because you posted something stupid doesn't mean the rest of the world is ignorant because they can't entertain your senseless theory.

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Red View Post
    I've seen much worse referring performances, but it's an MLS problem that they all seem to favour home teams. This guy did. Nothing outrageous, but lots of little niggly calls only going one one, much like the free kick that lead to the 2nd goal.
    It was more the constant mauling of Jozy that rarely resulted in fouls. Sure he called the penalty but there were another dozen calls that should have been given, certainly could have. And the call at the end was a dive.

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    2,873
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I believe all Professional sports are scripted
    If that is the case, then there is no way TFC or Seattle should have made it to the MLS Cup last year. Networks would have preferred LAFC vs NYCFC.

  12. #192
    RPB Member Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    17,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    You guys are misunderstanding something

    I am not saying Q is corrupt.

    He is not doing anything the league has not told him to do.
    I believe all Professional sports are scripted

    My post has been deleted. You guys misunderstand and also cannot handle this type of discussion
    You need to cool it a bit with the conspiracy theories. It's one thing to say that historically MLS favoured the Galaxy with their rule changes (some debatable evidence exists for this). You can also say that their parity rules favour cheap owners (plenty of objective evidence for that). You can look at how referees call differently a foul on a player who has a reputation for diving. It's another thing to state that the league is "scripted." I suggest you look up Declan Hill's work on this, he is a world authority on match fixing, and is author of "The Fix: Soccer and Organized Crime." His website is http://declanhill.com/ . He looked at MLS and found no evidence of match-fixing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    If that is the case, then there is no way TFC or Seattle should have made it to the MLS Cup last year. Networks would have preferred LAFC vs NYCFC.
    EXACTLY
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-02-2020 at 01:22 PM.
    "Of all the things in life that don't actually matter, football matters the most." - Stuart McKeown

    Supporting since 2007


  13. #193
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    with perpetual hope
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So most on here were calling for an easy 3 points lol ya ok , 2 points dropped that will come back to kill them when it comes to making the playoffs and having more home playoff games if they make the playoffs.
    We will never this year have an easy 3 points . Was at game , did control game but , first goal caught us sleeping and in 3 minute extra time ref awards kick at the 6 min mark , but amazing kick from a credible Mexican international. Shame we can’t play for the 90+. To many times guys we’re letting Josie do it all . Need some counter speed .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    We will never this year have an easy 3 points . Was at game , did control game but , first goal caught us sleeping and in 3 minute extra time ref awards kick at the 6 min mark , but amazing kick from a credible Mexican international. Shame we can’t play for the 90+. To many times guys we’re letting Josie do it all . Need some counter speed .
    thats about right. Did it look like a dive to you? How was the stadium?

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •