Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine just arrived at Yonge and Eg, interesting that I had to sign for it after the email said I did not have too.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarf seems quite high quality.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Scarf seems quite high quality.
    High quality felt you mean, right?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    High quality felt you mean, right?
    I didn't mean it's Italian silk, but meant compared to previous years it has the tightest weave of the acrylic fibre.

Worst quality of all was the year 1, 2007, but I'm sure it's the most "collectible" of them all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    It was more the issue of not being able to have the phone to do it. I usually printed a copy of the ticket and just gave it to them...now its going to be annoying.
    I find it unfortunate that TFC underestimated, or worse doesn't care about the number of STH who use these tickets to give to clients, as prizes for school raffles, etc. I do for both, and know of many who give them to clients, and this is just an inconvenience now. People loved getting the tickets in hand and going to the game with no fuss. Its a bit of an ask to have someone download an app and create an account now for something they may just use once. Or worse, leave them at will-call with the risk of something going wrong, or having a big line up for something that was supposed to be a donation. Very shortsighted imo.

Also, with the excuse of "going green", what was actually saved aside from the actual ticket books? Scarf still came in a cardboard box, and the fancy TFC box. Very disappointed with the whole process this year. What used to be a 2nd Christmas with the opening of the box and ticket package, became a big meh this year with a scarf and reading on how the hell I can pas my tickets along if need be this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I find it unfortunate that TFC underestimated, or worse doesn't care about the number of STH who use these tickets to give to clients, as prizes for school raffles, etc. I do for both, and know of many who give them to clients, and this is just an inconvenience now. People loved getting the tickets in hand and going to the game with no fuss. Its a bit of an ask to have someone download an app and create an account now for something they may just use once. Or worse, leave them at will-call with the risk of something going wrong, or having a big line up for something that was supposed to be a donation. Very shortsighted imo.

Also, with the excuse of "going green", what was actually saved aside from the actual ticket books? Scarf still came in a cardboard box, and the fancy TFC box. Very disappointed with the whole process this year. What used to be a 2nd Christmas with the opening of the box and ticket package, became a big meh this year with a scarf and reading on how the hell I can pas my tickets along if need be this year.
    Wait until next season when the scarf is just a high quality PNG file you can download off the app.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Wait until next season when the scarf is just a high quality PNG file you can download off the app.
    LOL wouldn't be at all surprised...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mines supposedly sitting on front porch. Lets hope its there when I get home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone successfully transferred some of their season tickets to another person. I have tried sending to two people and both are being told they have to changed their passwords and then it doesn't work. (I have transferred additional tickets I bought for the season opener to one of these same people and that worked fine.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be very interested to see if the Leafs and Raptors are completely digital next season too? That will be the telling story of why this was done for the Reds. With the number of corporate tickets held for the Leafs it would be a real pain in the ass to get tickets in the hands of clients etc , the executive assistants are going to love it LOL

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I will be very interested to see if the Leafs and Raptors are completely digital next season too? That will be the telling story of why this was done for the Reds. With the number of corporate tickets held for the Leafs it would be a real pain in the ass to get tickets in the hands of clients etc , the executive assistants are going to love it LOL
    My boss has Leafs/Raptors/TFC seasons & he is of the opposite mindset, as when you send out tickets via courier he finds it more of a hassle or people have to come out to our office to p/u. I can see from his stand point this is just one less thing to worry about as the digital transfer is more convenient..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I guess we don't get the 10% off at BMO and Real Sports store huh? That's a bummer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would agree...TFC could be the guinea pig for this process to eventually make its way to the Leafs/Raps, but then...

Quote Originally Posted by DaviRed View Post
    My boss has Leafs/Raptors/TFC seasons & he is of the opposite mindset, as when you send out tickets via courier he finds it more of a hassle or people have to come out to our office to p/u. I can see from his stand point this is just one less thing to worry about as the digital transfer is more convenient..
    ...could be, but that may be the minority opinion. I spoke to 4 others I know who give tickets away as perks regularly, and they all hate this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would agree...TFC could be the guinea pig for this process to eventually make its way to the Leafs/Raps, but then...

...could be, but that may be the minority opinion. I spoke to 4 others I know who give tickets away as perks regularly, and they all hate this.

Handing over a well designed paper ticket is much more glamourous.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    So I guess we don't get the 10% off at BMO and Real Sports store huh? That's a bummer
    You get a digital membership card that’s in the app and that still gives you 15% off of merchandise at Real Sports and BMO Field.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    absolutely...and seeing a kid's face light up when they're given tickets for a school prize is priceless. Now I'll get to explain to a parent that they have to download an app and create an account while they look at me funny lol. I'm waiting for the first time I hear "can I just get the cash value of the tickets instead?" lol And I get to do the same with my clients and employees too...oh joy...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Stupid question, but I can still print my tickets in PDF format and give them to my parents / sisters / friends and they can get into the stadium without downloading an app right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Stupid question, but I can still print my tickets in PDF format and give them to my parents / sisters / friends and they can get into the stadium without downloading an app right?
    From TFC FO "No. You can no longer use PDFs ("print at home") tickets or a printed-out screenshot to enter BMO Field. Contact the source of the ticket and request the ticket to be transferred to you."

See this link for the Mobile ticketing info and FAQ at the bottom where I got this answer from. https://www.torontofc.ca/mobile-ticketing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read the rules that govern tickets.
    All I can say is thanks again for the head office screwing us older fans.
    No consideration at all.��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    I suggest you reach out to a rep and explain your situation. They do have the ability to makes exceptions for hard tickets. Not having a smartphone is a legitimate concern.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    I suggest you reach out to a rep and explain your situation. They do have the ability to makes exceptions for hard tickets. Not having a smartphone is a legitimate concern.
    Thanks very much I intend to be very vocal when I chat tomorrow.
    My guess is at least 50/100 people will not be allowed in for the first game because ticket personnel at head office have not gone above and beyond and informed the general public ��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in theory there will be no more scalpers outside the stadium and GO station

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritSOL View Post
    Hmmmm...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory they can just transfer the tickets to you electronically - on the spot. Which gives you more security really ...

Though what's the cut-off for ticket transfers before kick-off? Traditionally it was 2 hours ... but I'd think they'd have to be close to realtime as surely people will be sending tickets to friends, etc., even after kick-off (if someone is late, for example).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon 5% of the SSH base is scalpers / sellers. All this will do is drive those sales through the official ticketmaster selling venue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    Forge FC did this last year and did not advertise that you could contact your rep and they would print tickets for you. Might want to call and let them know you are unhappy, don't have a smart phone (if thats the case) and would rather they mail you (or you pick up) printed generic tickets to use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tickets just arrived. Printed on standard ticketbastard stock.

Bones...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post

Bones...
    Got mine today as well since my phone is jank. Came with a card stock version of the membership card and the coupon book.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post

Bones...
    Was it hard to get them to print your tickets, they go along with it easily. Heard from a few that got push pack for asking to go this route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you post a pic? Are they special designs or just plain BW QR codes?