RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Step up and be the next PA announcer for our Reds.

TFC is in need apparently of a new public address announcer. I know a PA type does not play the same role in footy as they do with the other sports due to a lots breaks, who can ever forget Paul Morris and his time as the Leafs pa guy or Murray Eldon with the Jays. To be honest not even sure who the previous public address announcer was for the Reds. Wonder what they are looking for, will be interest. Take a shot if you like, you never know.

https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/...ws=39&rid=4604

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have only started watching live TFC games in 2016. Has it been the same guy since day one?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    I have only started watching live TFC games in 2016. Has it been the same guy since day one?
    Current guy has been maybe a decade? Certainly not Day 1. I remember a change at some point.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually really liked that guy. Good voice for it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent in my application when it was just listed on Linkedin. I guess they didn't have enough candidates, so it's being pushed far and wide.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Current guy has been maybe a decade? Certainly not Day 1. I remember a change at some point.
    Kind of surprised they position is being posted this way, you normally find someone in the various media outlets in Toronto. Nathan Downer for instance was the Argos PA voice while he was still at CP24.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Kind of surprised they position is being posted this way, you normally find someone in the various media outlets in Toronto. Nathan Downer for instance was the Argos PA voice while he was still at CP24.
    It was on linkedin before it was public, so I think they wanted to get someone from a media position, but probably found that the talent pool wasn't as deep as they thought.
    Last edited by Parkdale; 02-17-2020 at 05:28 AM.