Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all the talk of greatest MLS teams ever --- we still have yet to see an MLS team get close to (CanChamp/US Open Cup), Shield, MLS CUP, CCL Finals loss on Pks (and beating two Mexican giants to get there).....no one else has really been close in pulling off the Treble (never mind Quad)......the best shot to a comparable this year would be if LAFC can run the Mexican gauntlet, win CCL (or lose to Tigres on penalties in the Finals which would be the most MLS thing ever!), and then churn out an MLS Cup this year......to me they are the closest thing to the talent level of the 2017 TFC squad overall....After all these crazy results it just shows how much "luck" can go into this stuff.....oh Marky, if only you could have kept the ball down.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very CONCACAF all that.

US soccer media is going ga ga over LAFC, and in some ways they should as beating Leon is a big thing. But, Leon played very poorly in that game. LAFC having to go to the Azteca for the second leg will be an education, I think.

Seattle going out is satisfying.

I would not surprise me if the only MLS team in the Semis is Montreal.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seattle going out is satisfying.
    Very satisfying. Hey Seattle fans, how does it feel losing out to penalties?

I would not surprise me if the only MLS team in the Semis is Montreal.
    They do have the easiest trek now for sure. Should be an interesting round.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    For all the talk of greatest MLS teams ever --- we still have yet to see an MLS team get close to (CanChamp/US Open Cup), Shield, MLS CUP, CCL Finals loss on Pks (and beating two Mexican giants to get there).....no one else has really been close in pulling off the Treble (never mind Quad)......the best shot to a comparable this year would be if LAFC can run the Mexican gauntlet, win CCL (or lose to Tigres on penalties in the Finals which would be the most MLS thing ever!), and then churn out an MLS Cup this year......to me they are the closest thing to the talent level of the 2017 TFC squad overall....After all these crazy results it just shows how much "luck" can go into this stuff.....oh Marky, if only you could have kept the ball down.....
    I have been wondering if TFC management will ever try to match the 2017 club, seems like cutting payroll is the new agenda. Really no point participating in CCL if organisation is not willing to go all in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanyama is playing tonight on that concrete carpet in Montreal. He's doing a lot of awkward jogging

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave F View Post
    I have been wondering if TFC management will ever try to match the 2017 club, seems like cutting payroll is the new agenda. Really no point participating in CCL if organisation is not willing to go all in.
    Yup. We're right in there with the Whitecaps, Rapids, & Dallas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanyama is playing tonight on that concrete carpet in Montreal. He's doing a lot of awkward jogging
    Montreal is doing some awkward defending too. Brault-Guillard just got made to look like a high school level defender.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry not here for this "We got CONCACAF'd" stuff

Guy manages like he plays, it seems.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Henry knows crying about an obvious uncalled handball will just make him an object of ridicule in the entire sports world tomorrow.

I think they might lead the Irish newscasts with this tomorrow, as it is.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen them given and I've seen them not given.

Usually that's two separate incidents. But this is CONCACAF.

Personally, I don't think it was a penalty simply because it hit his tucked in arm, not the extended overhead one - that would have made it an easy call.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw something about this on "Instant Replay" on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/Hv70rVLq4ZA?t=149

Apparently the IFAB handball rule has changed.

Handball Law 12 Changes

• Deliberate handball remains an offence
    • The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:
    • the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
    • a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touches their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
    • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
    • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

The following will not usually be a free kick, unless they are one of the above situations:
    • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near
    • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger
    • if a player is falling and the ball touches their hand/arm when it is between their body and the ground to support the body (but not extended to make the bodybigger)
    • If the goalkeeper attempts to ‘clear’ (release into play) a throw-in or deliberate kick from a team-mate but the ‘clearance’ fails, the goalkeeper can then handle the ball

http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documen...t_a_Glance.pdf
    Road Games:
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...oss-cd-olimpia

Love Jozy's comment at the end haha

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome. :-)
    Road Games:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...oss-cd-olimpia

Love Jozy's comment at the end haha
    Jozy is savage... but if it was anyone other than montreal, there is no debating.

• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger (his top hand is flailing and his other arm, which the ball touched is off his body)

And how in the world did the AR have a better view than the Referee to overturn it.

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing Montreal(home) lose 2-1, NYCFC(home) losing 1-0 to Tigres, and Atlanta(Away) getting a thrashing of 3-0 against Club America. IS BITTER SWEET
    Road Games:
    2013, 2014, 2015 - Montreal; 2016 - Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final); 2017 - NYRB (Leg 1 Eastern Semi), Columbus (Leg 1 Eastern Finals); 2019 - Seattle (MLS Finals)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CCL has been suspended. LAFC v Cruz Azul will not happen tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYFC was the last live game, but I'm even glad I got together with my neighbour and watched this Impact game...nothing since then.
    I jog past the 'field of dreams' every evening and feel depressed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What in the actual...LAFC v Cruz Azul was a one legged winner take all affair?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    What in the actual...LAFC v Cruz Azul was a one legged winner take all affair?
    They didn't play leg 1 because of all of the COVID lockdowns. I think all the games going forward in the tournament are also going to be single legs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    They didn't play leg 1 because of all of the COVID lockdowns. I think all the games going forward in the tournament are also going to be single legs.
    Yes, the remaining games are neutral site single legs in Orlando. The semi finals are on Saturday and the finals are on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow massive advantage afforded to LAFC with that. 1 leg at a neutral venue v a Mexican team, you can't ask for a more advantageous situation to get yourself in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its basically the old school CCL now - I would say LAFC has a chance but Tigres REALLY wants this bad (evergreen statement)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa this lafc game is getting out of hand. Atuesta didn't even touch the goalie when getting up. He was the one clipped and should have gotten the penalty kick for getting kicked in the chest. 2nd half might be pretty ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LAFC jus got concacafucked what a joke

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Vela just went beast mode
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both teams down to 10 men with 10 min + to go, after a reckless America tackle on Rossi.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champions League Final on Tuesday, LAFC vs. Tigres at of all times 10:00 PM. It will pit Vela vs. Gignac whom each scored a brace in their respective teams semi-final victories. LAFC was rock solid defensively in the closing minutes of their victory over Club America before stretching their lead to 3-1. Tuesday night should be an exciting one.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the post game reports, LAFC is happy to be in the final.

Tigres is going to win this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So happy that finally a team that was CONCACAFED still was able to win the game. Disgraceful performance by the Club America keeper in getting the LAFC player sent off. Also how does a coach who is sent off able to sit in the stands and pretty close to the bench ? Moreover, then uses a phone or some kind of radio device in plain sight to communicate to his bench ? Screw Club America and all their antics justice was done in the end!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading the post game reports, LAFC is happy to be in the final.

Tigres is going to win this one.
    Don't sell LAFC so short. They been behind all 3 Mexican teams they faced but came through. Also, getting straight up CONCACAF'd and still winning is massive.

This LAFC team is mentally tough and don't panic.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano