Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think he's referring to the difference between the two camps' asking prices. The minimum salary hasn't been that low since TFC started.
    How would he know (unless he's Morgan's agent) what was the difference in a bidding war? Did his agent tweet it?

He was making USD $133k, I expect that the renewal option would have been higher by a $6-$12 k at least. So if its true, RSL were probably offering $165k-$170k, or more. At some point for a player that rarely plays, you gotta say goodbye and let a team that will use him regularly pay him that amount. It's better for TFC and better for him. I don't get the hate for Curtis in this case. I think most of us would have said goodbye, we wish you the best if we were GM too.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-23-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    How would he know (unless he's Morgan's agent) what was the difference in a bidding war? Did his agent tweet it?

He was making USD $133k, I expect that the renewal option would have been higher by a $6-$12 k at least. So if its true, RSL were probably offering $165k-$170k, or more. At some point for a player that rarely plays, you gotta say goodbye and let a team that will use him regularly pay him that amount. It's better for TFC and better for him. I don't get the hate for Curtis in this case. I think most of us would have said goodbye, we wish you the best if we were GM too.
    TFC didn't renew his option. I was guessing that was for financial reasons and ballparking what the savings might have been. Not much, really, given they need a plyaer at that position anyway.

I wish Ashtone all the best and hope Ensco is right. A true professional, kept his playing frustrations to himself, and produced some wonderful moments for TFC.

I also worry because Morrow is slowing down - it is really noticeable - and needs an equal, not just a back up. Ashtone could have been very good in that role - more than a back up, less than a starter. Who will fill it?
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-24-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Met Ashtone on two occasions, couldn’t have been a nicer guy. Always seemed willing to step it up when needed. All the best to him! I won’t even be upset when/if he scores on us! Lol

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My kid has a playoff worn jersey (that's waaayyy) to big for him that he'll treasure for ever. Ashton is a legendary player in our house.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\