Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Here's Endoh's goal:

Their goal was even worse, Westberg hesitated on clearing the ball in his box and gave it away so horribly I had to check the starting lineup to make sure it wasn't Bono.
    He put in a touch because a player is pressing him, aka his clearance would have been blocked. Neuer got caught in a simile situation. That is how it goes for sweeper keepers. The good is better distribution and a stopping a dangerous attack in its tracks. The bad is misplays that end up on Caroline Szwed’s misplays of the month.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U19 Canadian Ryan Lindsay from TFC academy signs with Dinamo Zagreb. Likely to start with u19 academy and go from there. Don't know anything about him but he must have good potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    U19 Canadian Ryan Lindsay from TFC academy signs with Dinamo Zagreb. Likely to start with u19 academy and go from there. Don't know anything about him but he must have good potential.
    Do we get any training compensation or solidarity or whatever payments in these scenarios? Since he was in the academy I assume that means he wasn't under any sort of contract?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Do we get any training compensation or solidarity or whatever payments in these scenarios? Since he was in the academy I assume that means he wasn't under any sort of contract?
    Not sure but I doubt it. After further search he's from Ottawa and was with TFC academy for a season I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfermarkt now has Oso as our second-most valuable player after its November adjustments. Just ahead of Jozy but about half the value of Pozuelo.

Also a million more valuable than Jordan Morris, heheh. Given that he plays both ways and has a similar PPG over more seasons I suppose it shouldn't surprise, but MLS has some weird perceptions about talent level, both on its site and in the fan community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things a little interesting with 9 TFC first team and academy players being named to the Mens Olympic qualifiers preliminary roster.

If they are all selected we stand to lose: Julian Dunn, Rocco Romeo, Liam Fraser, Noble Okello, Jayden Nelson, Jordan Perruzza, Jacbo Shaffelburg, Robert Boskovic and Terique Mohammed. Out of the lot I can see us losing Shaff and Fraser unless Manning and Co. put a block on it. The timing is horrible as the camp opens March 13 and the tournament goes from March 21 - April 1st.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/2/...an-opportunity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Things a little interesting with 9 TFC first team and academy players being named to the Mens Olympic qualifiers preliminary roster.

If they are all selected we stand to lose: Julian Dunn, Rocco Romeo, Liam Fraser, Noble Okello, Jayden Nelson, Jordan Perruzza, Jacbo Shaffelburg, Robert Boskovic and Terique Mohammed. Out of the lot I can see us losing Shaff and Fraser unless Manning and Co. put a block on it. The timing is horrible as the camp opens March 13 and the tournament goes from March 21 - April 1st.

https://www.wakingthered.com/2020/2/...an-opportunity

Olympic football is not taken seriously by anyone.
    I hope we will not consider releasing any first team players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    I would not release Fraser with Bradley injured but I'd let Shaffelburg and Nelson go, or anyone else who happens to be getting minutes. I wouldn't underestimate the opportunity for them to play important roles at a good level internationally. When Delgado went to the U20 WC in 2015 he came back a different player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I would not release Fraser with Bradley injured but I'd let Shaffelburg and Nelson go, or anyone else who happens to be getting minutes. I wouldn't underestimate the opportunity for them to play important roles at a good level internationally. When Delgado went to the U20 WC in 2015 he came back a different player.
    I agree with this. Fraser is pretty much non-negotiable I would think given the Bradley situation. Pretty much everyone else could use the experience.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    It's still a chance to represent your country to win the Olympic gold. Once in a life time experience
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser will be with the senior national side for the Trini friendlies. We won’t have a choice in the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    So Canadians still count as Internationals for US clubs? Pathetic.

Reading that whole thing is nauseating. A good half of those rules could be scrapped.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So Canadians still count as Internationals for US clubs? Pathetic.

Reading that whole thing is nauseating. A good half of those rules could be scrapped.
    Canadians from MLS academies are domestic. As well as Canadians from the approved list of youth clubs who I believe have to sign their first pro deals with MLS clubs. That should cover a good chunk of Canadians coming through now at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone see DC United's pitch? It was horrendous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whitecaps are a mess once again. They looked like the away team defending frantically all game. The ownership just pocketed the Davies money and never reinvested as promised.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

It's unnecessarily complex. You almost would need a three year degree in MLS capology to be a GM in this league.

One interesting change not in the CBA is that the league is only taking 5% of any sale of a player, down from 33%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Whitecaps are a mess once again. They looked like the away team defending frantically all game. The ownership just pocketed the Davies money and never reinvested as promised.
    They signed a few guys who didn't play yesterday. But they need a number 10 badly.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto