Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Got my season ticket member scarf today like many other probably. I like it. Funny how everything went digital and now this year we don't get to have the Season Ticket Delivery thread going with everyone updating it...ahh the good ol days.

Oh wait, found it in the small print of the one email

Please Note:
    • Scarf packages will NOT require a signature this season and will be couriered via FedEx during standard business hours. If this is a concern to you we suggest your package be sent to an alternate address
    • Remember to include your unit number if applicable. If your concierge will not sign for packages we suggest your package be sent to an alternate address
    • PO Boxes will not be accepted by FedEx. Please call us at 416 -360-GOAL (4625) if you have a PO Box and need to update your address
    • Accounts that are not in good financial standing will not have their scarves delivered
    EDIT

And 5 minutes after I post this, get the email with the Fedex tracking.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-13-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Atlanta becomes the first MLS side to have over a million Twitter followers.
    I call BS on their twitter numbers. Lots of Bot accounts following them. I suspect they bought a large portion of their followers. I mean, they even have more than the LA Galaxy... very suspect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I call BS on their twitter numbers. Lots of Bot accounts following them. I suspect they bought a large portion of their followers. I mean, they even have more than the LA Galaxy... very suspect
    Why would you think it’s bullshit, they average like 45,000 a game numbers TFC can only dream about . If it was TFC reporting one million twitter followers then that would be suspect when TFC struggle to get 25000 in the stands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares about Twitter numbers? I've followed lots of things and people I don't care about at all really on Twitter. It's one of the most meaningless things I hear people place importance on. Even some of their own supporters are making fun of how some of Atlanta fans seem to want some recognition (or a medal) for this "remarkable" achievement.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twitter followers are important for an individual - a team? Meh...........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta is the class of the league. TFC May have had there time in the SUN and the Galaxy are a great brand and LA is still LA but at the end of the day Atlanta is the STANDARD of MLS they don’t have the history but they are the future of MLS when we consider investment, attendance, growth etc. It’s a shame they can’t spend more because of cheap MLS owners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Atlanta is the class of the league. TFC May have had there time in the SUN and the Galaxy are a great brand and LA is still LA but at the end of the day Atlanta is the STANDARD of MLS they don’t have the history but they are the future of MLS when we consider investment, attendance, growth etc. It’s a shame they can’t spend more because of cheap MLS owners
    I think US and Canada Soccer markets are fickle and the Atlanta bubble will burst. Flavour of the month, and let's face it, a plastic pitch, really! just an opinion

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Atlanta is the class of the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all seriousness, Atlanta prepared very well for their first few years. They did very good at finding personnel and with their fans. But they have made some serious mistakes within their squad building since and are now pretty much turning over their championship team. While they have Martinez, they will always have goals - he is the ultimate poacher. But they have problems building the cast around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the TFC marketing has been brutal the last few years.all i see the odd email about getting more seats with really no incentive to do so.no give aways any more no events no real perks for the STH,
    and the camp coverage has been embarrassing per usual. iphone pics,never a stream of a game.i feel no no hype for the club so far.
    Last edited by reggie; 02-14-2020 at 09:55 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i think the TFC marketing has been brutal the last few years.all i see the odd email about getting more seats with really no incentive to do so.no give aways any more no events no real perks for the STH,
    and the camp coverage has been embarrassing per usual. iphone pics,never a stream of a game.i feel no no hype for the club so far.
    I agree that they have really backed off as well. Cost cutting or maybe they just think they don't need to add the perks anymore to sustain the season seat holder base. It was nice when they did those extras as it added value to your membership. Now we just have the tickets only for the most part with no other perks or benefits but in the end that is all we are here for. Since they are only giving us the game day tickets for our money the team better bring it on game day. Not even my 2 for 1 pizza coupons this year for the stadium....booooo!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as Atlanta goes, they did well out of the gate so you have to give them that but could they have survived the lean years that we went through? They keep doing fairly well and have never had a stinker season. Not that I wish anything on anyone but would be interesting to see if they could still have all those stats to brag about without too many wins in a season and missing the playoffs. Only then would you see how dedicated a fan base you have. We have been there and been tested so we know how it goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    As far as Atlanta goes, they did well out of the gate so you have to give them that but could they have survived the lean years that we went through? They keep doing fairly well and have never had a stinker season. Not that I wish anything on anyone but would be interesting to see if they could still have all those stats to brag about without too many wins in a season and missing the playoffs. Only then would you see how dedicated a fan base you have. We have been there and been tested so we know how it goes.
    not to mention.a new fantastic stadium,cheap seats,cheap food.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that they are not having people sign for it. Sort of taking a chance there. Lots of people will still likely be heading to the depot to pick up their package if they live in apartments because of you are not home where do they leave it?

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Oh wait, found it in the small print of the one email

EDIT

And 5 minutes after I post this, get the email with the Fedex tracking.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinci coach suspended.

Used the N word.

Players Union going hard on this one - although reports were he quoted lyrics in a song, also reports he said stuff about slavery being a good thing. We won't know the full story but the players had a lawyer present this morning so this is serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinci coach suspended.

Used the N word.

Players Union going hard on this one - although reports were he quoted lyrics in a song, also reports he said stuff about slavery being a good thing. We won't know the full story but the players had a lawyer present this morning so this is serious.
    Imagine being this desparate to lose your job.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We play those guys in 5 weeks on their carpet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you think about a bad franchise start, alongside FUs to a great fan base, TFC were the gold standard.

But this Cinci grease fire clearly has early TFC beat.

Somewhere Mo is raising a pint.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    When you think about a bad franchise start, alongside FUs to a great fan base, TFC were the gold standard.

But this Cinci grease fire clearly has early TFC beat.

Somewhere Mo is raising a pint.
    Nick Hagglund is probably thinking "now why did I think that coming home was better than playing in Toronto?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Hagglund is probably thinking "now why did I think that coming home was better than playing in Toronto?"
    I was hoping he would be one of the core players given the amount of experience TFC has given him. What made him go low on the depth chart?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    I was hoping he would be one of the core players given the amount of experience TFC has given him. What made him go low on the depth chart?
    If I recall, it was back to back knee injuries. He wasn’t the same after. Hope he finds that form again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree......zero fan fare. Tragedy tbh. I went to Florida in the past 2 occasions to watch preseason pre-Gio days...and a group of were so hyped on the potential signings, etc etc etc. Becoming a bit like the leafs where they are slowly losing touch with fan base.

now.....my tix went from $200....to $400....then back down to $200 when everyone was cancelling tix on mass....now back up to $450. FO told me my tix are undervalued and they have been raising the light greys for years now. Zero perks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Nick enjoys being home with his parents and sister near by and appreciated being close in the lead up to his sisters wedding. He was a groomsman in the wedding and his wife was maid of honour. It would have been harder if was on TFC as they played in Vancouver the night before the wedding in Cincinnati.

https://www.zola.com/wedding/jennaandjohn2019

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a stream for tonight’s game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its being broadcast on LAG's usual network so....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its being broadcast on LAG's usual network so....
    which is...??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    which is...??
    What used to be Time Warner's regional network.

Spectrum Sportsnet

So, maybe somebody will stream something in the grey market from that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What used to be Time Warner's regional network.

Spectrum Sportsnet

So, maybe somebody will stream something in the grey market from that.
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Cheech is such a big signing, you'd think they'd (They being MLS) bang a stream up on youtube or twitter or something....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LA 1 up (Pavon) but down to 10 men (Katai)