Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
So Nashville and Cincinnati may not even play each other. Makes for a good Rivalry Week.
I think you mean Nashville and Atlanta.

And yes, while it is possible that could happen if the computer spits it out that way, I'm sure they'll tweak it to ensure they get one game against each other.

Upon reflection, I feel like there wasn't really much else they could have done this year. The reason is that Sacramento and Austin are coming in next year; they will both go to the West, and Nashville will move over to the East. The only other option to keep the conferences balanced would have been to have Nashville be in the east, then move Chicago to the West for just this year, then move them back next year. That seems impossible to do for an established club; it seems somehow more amenable to a new club just entering the league.

So yes, this year will seem a bit weird, but everything will be fine next year. Now, after that, when St. Louis joins, then who knows ... I guess there'll be one more club coming in the same year to balance it out again. Phoenix? Vegas?