Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Not sure if anyone has been following the Darren Mattocks story but it’s not looking good for him based on what I have read. Here is the short version of it;
    Late January he was driving a Mercedes with his friend and was travelling through Pennsylvania state. At around 9:55am he hit a patch of ice and rolled the car. He and his friend were taken to hospital although neither suffered serious injuries. Apparently the Mercedes was not insured. Around 11:55am the same morning Mattocks took out a new insurance policy on the car.
    3 days later he put in an insurance claim for the accident, the claim was worth $48,000. He told them he took out the policy at 5:55am of the morning of the accident and that the accident took place later that morning. Needless to say the insurance company became a little suspicious lol.
    He has been charged with 2 felonies for fraud and released on $50,000 bail.
    What a freaking mess(assuming all these reports are accurate)
    Wow, what a mess.

Quick question though: How on Earth was he planning on getting away with it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still remember when he burnt himself on his toaster and missed the first third of his rooke season because of it. He's...not the brightest

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit of a younger look in this evenings pre-season match vs. Chicago.

Alex BonoRichie LaryeaEriq ZavaletaChris MavingaTerique MohammedJonathan OsorioNoble OkelloAlejandro PozueloJayden NelsonGriffin DorseyAyo Akinola

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Wow, what a mess.

Sure is. Good question, I have no clue what he was thinking but if it’s all true it seems like a pretty dumb thing to try and pull off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Sure is. Good question, I have no clue what he was thinking but if it’s all true it seems like a pretty dumb thing to try and pull off.
    Especially if there is a timeline due to the visit to the hospital, that would be pretty easy to figure out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Especially if there is a timeline due to the visit to the hospital, that would be pretty easy to figure out.
    Exactly! Not to mention the insurance company is going to have a record of what time he took out the new policy and the police report is going to tell them the time of the accident. Totally bizarre situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    MLS Players Union statement on the Cinci situation

Basically telling Cinci & Cinci media to have a rethink

Complaints were widespread and not just on one issue

Small subtle point but it sounds like the Union laid the complaint, not a player - one of the protections unions serve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TFC View Post
    Wow, what a mess.

How on earth can you not have insurance? Surely it's required?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Not in 'Murica. They aren't a bunch of Commies like us Canadians.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not in 'Murica. They aren't a bunch of Commies like us Canadians.
    Actually:
    Since then, nearly every state in the union has enacted mandatory car insurance liability laws. New Hampshire is the only state that doesn't mandate car insurance for all drivers. Instead, drivers just need to prove they are able to pay for damages in the case of an at-fault accident.
    So similar to Canada I guess, required is primarily liability insurance, e.g. if you damage other cars / objects / people. (Ontario may still be more stringent then some or all US states, as you actually are required to have 4 types of insurance here: Liability Coverage, Direct Compensation, Uninsured Automobile Coverage, and Accident Benefit Coverage.)

But none of the above cover your own car if you're at fault. That was the issue in Mattocks' case: he totalled his own car in a single-vehicle accident, and then tried to get his car insured afterwards. There are different names and types of coverage for those things, e.g. Comprehensive, or All Perils, etc. That's not required in Ontario either: when renting a car, that's why you can decline LDW (a similar type of coverage that insures the rental car itself) and say your credit card will cover it. It's up to you if that's the case or not; otherwise you'll have to pay for the car yourself.

Now it's possible that Mattocks didn't have the mandatory insurance either (he was driving in Pennsylvania), but that would be another issue he could be charged for.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ thanks for looking that up. My comment was just in humour, not serious.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem. I was actually interested for a couple of reasons. For one, I rent cars very often as we don't own a car. So I have to worry about insurance quite frequently, and wanted to check on the US rules.

Another reason was political: I was actually wondering if and where they require car insurance in the US. It's interesting, they require things like licenses, registration, and/or insurance for some things south of the border; but not for others...
    Last edited by Auzzy; 02-20-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raheem Edwards with a brace for mini in preseason. Couple of nice late runs to the back post he got paid for.

Hope he’s able to rebound this year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny, i travel a lot for work and sometimes rent cars. the different laws are crazy. in California you have to have liability insurance. For at least 30,000.... In Ontario it is something like 1,000,000

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its funny, i travel a lot for work and sometimes rent cars. the different laws are crazy. in California you have to have liability insurance. For at least 30,000.... In Ontario it is something like 1,000,000
    Agreed that some of the liability requirements in the US are crazy low, also considering how litigious many folks are. So it actually is a bit of 'Murica as Oldtimer wrote. However the minimum 3rd-party liability requirement in Ontario is actually only $200k, which is better than $30k but also too low.

A nasty side issue: in Ontario, you can't purchase supplemental liability insurance, and it's always the responsibility of the owner i.e. the rental car company if you're renting. Often they only have the minimum $200k coverage. If you don't also own a private car, with a rental car rider to bump up your insurance, you're stuck with the $200k liability coverage. And you're also stuck with the same CAD$200k coverage if you take the rental car into the US -- inadequate.

It's a big concern for me as I rent often and don't own a car. Also an issue when I was thinking of a road trip to the US for TFC games. And almost no Cdn car rental agency has a clue about this. If you ask, they'll happily sell you expensive LDW which you don't need if you have a good credit card, but they won't know anything about the liability problem.

In the US you can usually purchase supplemental liability at a fairly decent price from the rental agency.

That concludes my TED Talk.

https://www.myinsurancebroker.com/in...ce-in-ontario/
    Last edited by Auzzy; 02-21-2020 at 01:33 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the few who support a lower league team and TFC -

Local homes games

York9 - no conflict

Forge - 8 out of 14 conflict, including first 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Forge - 8 out of 14 conflict, including first 6
    I count 9. Four of them are direct conflicts (meaning similar time or not nearly enough gap to make it from one to the other). The other five are double header days with a minimum of 4hrs between kickoffs.

Much worse than last year which had 6 overall conflicts: 2 double headers, 3 direct conflicts, and 1 game that would have been a direct conflict but ultimately was re-scheduled.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forge's Ti-Cat roots show in the thinking that nobody in Hamilton would support a Toronto team as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shout out to the TFC marketing department for making this perhaps the worst advertised off season in history.

No streams, barely any tweets, and icing on the cake announcing your marquee signing on a Friday Night.

Wow I am so pumped for 2020. Please take all my money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The streams thing is league-wide at least. They're geoblocking all the streams now and there's been less in the first place. Makes no sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Shout out to the TFC marketing department for making this perhaps the worst advertised off season in history.

No streams, barely any tweets, and icing on the cake announcing your marquee signing on a Friday Night.

Wow I am so pumped for 2020. Please take all my money.
    TFC has made itself completely irrelevant in this city. Boggles the mind.

Once Tim Leiweke left I felt this would happen, it's clear now that after Gio left he was the main force behind pumping TFC up. The current leadership are happy with just barely being above Argo level relevance in this city.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    TFC has made itself completely irrelevant in this city. Boggles the mind.

Once Tim Leiweke left I felt this would happen, it's clear now that after Gio left he was the main force behind pumping TFC up. The current leadership are happy with just barely being above Argo level relevance in this city.
    Part of it also had to do with the media. I really miss Larson and Molinaro (and to an extent Laura Armstrong). I just don't hear or see much content of TFC aside from WTR and the Sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.coloradorapids.com/live

But it is area/region restricted.

Trying with a VPN

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would they geo block a preseason game is beyond me, could TFC not have setup an arraignment to have the game streamed through their website too?

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post

Trying with a VPN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

35 seconds in and we got the lead! Mullins sends Endoh who slides it under the keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today’s Starting Xl vs. @ColoradoRapids
    Quentin WestbergAuro Jr.Omar GonzalezChris MavingaJustin MorrowLiam FraserMarky DelgadoJonathan OsorioAlejandro PozueloTsubasa EndohPatrick Mullins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stream Theories:

Theory 1. Greg Vanney has gone above and beyond to ensure ZERO footage of TFC's preseason is available because he doesn't want to give scouts an opportunity to see our formations/tactics.

Theory 2. MLSE doesn't think it's worth the expense.

Theory 3. There are no streams because God is punishing us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically the lineup for next Saturday except Altidore will be in for Mullins... Hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post

Trying with a VPN
    Game is currently delayed due to weather but here is an easy fix around the location block without a VPN:

Using Chrome, load the page and hit F12 to bring up the developer console, hit the three dots in the top right and choose More tools ---> Sensors. In Geolocation select Other and open up Google Maps, go to Denver and click anywhere on the map then enter those latitude and longitude coordinates. Close the console and reload the page and it should work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's Endoh's goal:

Their goal was even worse, Westberg hesitated on clearing the ball in his box and gave it away so horribly I had to check the starting lineup to make sure it wasn't Bono.