Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So I take it all of our preseason games are closed door games? I used to enjoy the streaming of the preseason games from the various preseason tourneys back in the day. Used to be a nice primer leading up to the season. Maybe the clubs we are facing are going to be streaming.....likely not though.
    Recent years most MLS clubs are not streaming pre-season games and many of them are closed doors.

It's a far cry from the early years, watching TFC play in Charleston on a dodgy feed narrated by the Battery's owner. Those were the days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are three games in Cali that are open to the public with tickets being sold so I wouldnt completely write off the chance of some streams as of yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    There are three games in Cali that are open to the public with tickets being sold so I wouldnt completely write off the chance of some streams as of yet.
    I can see the UC Irvine games being closed door but the ones happening at LAG and LAFC might have a stream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like GE is the sleeve sponsor. The away jersey could have been a banger to me if it wasn't for the 3 stripes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really hate the monochrome crest.

Don't mess with the crest.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That price for a jersey is.....way to much.

$175 without a number or name for a short sleeve is like 33% more then 3 years ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best article I've seen on the MLS kits - pulls no punches. Brian Straus is quite the writer

https://www.si.com/soccer/2020/02/06...25-anniversary

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Owner of Miami FC loses his CAS bid to force open MLS to Pro/Rel.

https://sports.yahoo.com/silva-loses...135335644.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you looking for straight up news about LAG & LAFC, this journo is a good choice.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-06-2020 at 11:13 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Articles today indicating NYCFC is close to a deal for a 25K stadium within walking distance of Yankee stadium - they have been looking at this piece of real estate since before the team was announced. Not settled by any means but....something to hope for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That price for a jersey is.....way to much.

$175 without a number or name for a short sleeve is like 33% more then 3 years ago.
    I couldn't believe it when I saw that price. I guess I will just get used to the jerseys I have because I refuse to pay that sort of ridiculousness just on principal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Articles today indicating NYCFC is close to a deal for a 25K stadium within walking distance of Yankee stadium - they have been looking at this piece of real estate since before the team was announced. Not settled by any means but....something to hope for.
    Is 25k too small, though? I expected them to need at least 35k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. 25k is enough. They don't want to make the same mistake as us and have too many empty seats.
    They only would have filled 25k last year versus NYRB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC up 4-0 currently vs. Colorado in a pre-season friendly. Goals from Gallardo, Altidore, Osorio and Shaffelburg. No stream or video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    No. 25k is enough. They don't want to make the same mistake as us and have too many empty seats.
    They only would have filled 25k last year versus NYRB.
    The big “if” would be expansion of their stadium. We can build fairly easily, they may never have that Iuxury once something is in place due to space constraints.

They will eventually need larger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It probably didn't help anything by their FO announcing the CCL game to be played at Redbull arena

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Is 25k too small, though? I expected them to need at least 35k.
    Yeah they should be going big if they're really going to do this. Something in the range of 45-50k at least. It's New York City that stadium can be multi-purpose and the ceiling for that team's popularity should at least be what Atlanta is doing right now. If you can't get 40k into a new stadium for soccer in that place then it's all a lost cause.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Yeah they should be going big if they're really going to do this. Something in the range of 45-50k at least. It's New York City that stadium can be multi-purpose and the ceiling for that team's popularity should at least be what Atlanta is doing right now. If you can't get 40k into a new stadium for soccer in that place then it's all a lost cause.
    If building a stadium, especially if future expansion is limited I would say you need to hit 40K capacity if you can just so that the stadium can be included in FIFA World Cup games or other possible games especially being in NY. WC stadiums have a minimum capacity they need to be to be considered and I think it is 40k for group games, 60k for quarter or semi finals and 80k for opening ceremony/finals....or something like that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This stadium has restrictions due to where it is - to get it done politically, in that neighbourhood, any stadium is going to be limited.

e.g. of the space restrictions involved

One story I read indicated this site was the first choice way back when NYCFC started but the Yankees baulked at the amount of parking left to them at the time - the area is basically a parking lot right now & the Yankees wanted 9.5K of parking spaces to be left. Soon after, local politics changed & the Yankees issues were no longer relevant. Now, the politics has changed again and the Yankees have relented on the amount of parking.

There is some relevance to this and TFC.

If they plan on making BMO up to 40K, any expansion south would take out either the street (that gets blocked off for our games) or parking. And, the city will complain if too much Exhibition grounds parking goes because those people will just try to get somewhere in Liberty Village, upsetting the natives. That's still why I think any additional permanent seating goes in the North, possibly with a Food building revamp. Then again, the Russian WC showed that FIFA is ok with temporary seating so we might see a gigantic temporary scaffolding set of seats in the north just for that year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I haven't seen the latest NYCFC plans at all. But similarly, NYCFC may have to go with approx. 25k in order to get it built. They could still leave room for scaffolding in order to create more seats when needed temporarily for FIFA etc. Or leave room for future permanent expansion in the plans, but be quiet about it. Much easier to do this temporarily, or permanently later, once you're already in the neighbourhood and the world hasn't ended.

And regarding BMO Field, it seems that the Ontario Place parking is really underutilized for TFC games. I wonder what Dougie's Ontario Place plans will say about parking.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the friendly in LA tomorrow - LAFC indicates it will be on Youtube - but IIRC, they use Youtube TV so...who knows.

Game is at noon local time and is open to the public - expect a ton of kids.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ I haven't seen the latest NYCFC plans at all. But similarly, NYCFC may have to go with approx. 25k in order to get it built. They could still leave room for scaffolding in order to create more seats when needed temporarily for FIFA etc. Or leave room for future permanent expansion in the plans, but be quiet about it. Much easier to do this temporarily, or permanently later, once you're already in the neighbourhood and the world hasn't ended.

And regarding BMO Field, it seems that the Ontario Place parking is really underutilized for TFC games. I wonder what Dougie's Ontario Place plans will say about parking.
    I have to be honest 25-35k is ideal for MLS, the fans are close, usually sold out and louder. 40 -50,000 people will only work in a few markets and even then you need to be careful.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like Chicharito will be available to play against us this Saturday, good chance for them to get a look before we play them in April

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lineup today is a solid A-

I wouldn't look into who isn't in or not too much - don't want to show your cards in preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lineup today is a solid A-

I wouldn't look into who isn't in or not too much - don't want to show your cards in preseason.
    When do we see Piatti?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's B+ at best, no Pozuelo?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second half team was a definate B - the video of their second goal would tear your hair apart if it was a game of consequence - Zavs bounced a clearance off a shin, Bono missed completely coming out and Fraser didn't stay with Vela in the box. Shaffs did at least try to get back on the line and cover for his onrushing keeper.

Preseason folks....preseason.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta becomes the first MLS side to have over a million Twitter followers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my season ticket member scarf today like many other probably. I like it. Funny how everything went digital and now this year we don't get to have the Season Ticket Delivery thread going with everyone updating it...ahh the good ol days.