RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Drew Moor Appreciation Thread

The most important defender we have ever had. He changed us instantly from that 2015 back line dumpster fire to one of the best in this league ever. Yes, a legend because without him, 2017 does not happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A huge and I think, very much underrated part of TFC history. A legend on the pitch, and he always comes across as a really nice guy off it too. Sad to see him go, even if his chances have been limited this last year or so.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really appreciated him and his time here.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish him the best, perfect addition at the time. Great guy, good player and exactly what we needed when he arrived.

I have to say though, legend? My opinion is we need to have a higher standard than that, that's embarrassing calling him a legend. Seba, Michael and Jozy are the only legends, nobody else comes close.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post

I have to say though, legend? My opinion is we need to have a higher standard than that, that's embarrassing calling him a legend. Seba, Michael and Jozy are the only legends, nobody else comes close.
    DeRo, but maybe you weren't following the team when the Miracle in Montreal happened.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish him the best, perfect addition at the time. Great guy, good player and exactly what we needed when he arrived.

I guess it just depends how you define the term Legend. Drew was a very big part of 2016 and 2017, I'd go so far as the say the most important part defensively. Would we have made 2 MLS Cup Finals without him? Anyway, whatever word we use to describe his time here, I wish him well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think legend is a perfect descriptor. All the best to Drew!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite Drew Moor goal. VV quick kicks the FK, and Moor is alert to the carom. Just a heady player.

Last edited by ensco; 11-28-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    DeRo, but maybe you weren't following the team when the Miracle in Montreal happened.
    I was, i'm hesitant with DeRo. Canadian legend no doubt, and Montreal was a legendary moment. However did DeRo even play 100 matches for TFC? Tough one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An integral part of the team and he seems like such a great guy. Best of luck Drew!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was, i'm hesitant with DeRo. Canadian legend no doubt, and Montreal was a legendary moment. However did DeRo even play 100 matches for TFC? Tough one.
    He would have if we paid him the money he deserved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    He would have if we paid him the money he deserved.
    No doubt he would have been, it was a painful time. Anyways, sorry to derail...back to appreciating Drew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His second half performance at Club America was one of the best individual efforts I've ever seen one of our players put in. He must have won like 20 aerial duals that game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Fantastic service to the club. Thank you, Drew, and we look forward to welcoming you back with the Rapids!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say though, legend? My opinion is we need to have a higher standard than that, that's embarrassing calling him a legend.
    Embarassing? Nah...just an opinion.

Embarrassing was the defence in 2015 - especially that Montreal playoff game (remember the Kantari slip)

Moor changed all that - instantly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moor is a legend.

It’s easy to forget how crestfallen/shocked we all were when he couldn’t go in Guadalajara. It didn’t seem like we could win without him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised, not that he left the club, but rather that he left and signed somewhere else. I thought that he was going to retire a Red. He was a steady hand that our backline desperately needed. He will go down as one of the legends of this club.

Thank you Drew for everything you have done for this club and city and I hope you have nothing but success in your future endeavors.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best defender our side ever had. All the best to Drew Moore.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I am surprised, not that he left the club, but rather that he left and signed somewhere else. I thought that he was going to retire a Red. He was a steady hand that our backline desperately needed. He will go down as one of the legends of this club.

Thank you Drew for everything you have done for this club and city and I hope you have nothing but success in your future endeavors.
    Said it in another thread - I think it seems obvious that he is getting repositioned for a coaching / broadcasting career in a place that probably makes a lot more sense for his family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your years of service and them memories you helped create for all us fans, and all the best to you in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Drew for your years of leadership and solidifying the backline. Cheers to you!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drew Moor, an absolutely first class grandpa for our team!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I am surprised, not that he left the club, but rather that he left and signed somewhere else. I thought that he was going to retire a Red.
    It would be great if after he hangs them up he comes back to us in some sort of role. He's way too solid of a human being to not be part of our club. We need decent people like him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure class , thank you , and many wonderful days ahead
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw ‘legend’ should take in the total individual as well as onfield , I’m sure his compassionate qualities were a huge strength to rookies , etc when times were difficult , so I have no problem with the description legend . Remember Dichio wasn’t a superstar but , people always sing his name each game . That’s not from athletic ability .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drew Moor is absolutely integral to what we became as a team and where we are now. He provided leadership to the area of the field we needed it most. Michael in the mid, jozy up top and Drew filled in the huge sieve at the back leading us to 2016/2017 greatness.

not flashy and not seeming in public to usurp the leadership role of the captain he may not seem to be the front of mind legend that others will be remembered as but to those who follow the team quite closely and look at what happens on the field, in the club house, on the training ground, and during travels will all know how much he has meant to this team.

Sad he isn't retiring with us. I know he spent most of his career in COL so at least it isn't just for a random team to get in another year. hope he can get the injury bug off his back.

Thanks Drew and good luck to you and the family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The season we won it all, we conceded 37 goals in 34 league games. Yeah, we scored a lot - we still score a lot. It was that defence that gave us the V Cup, the Shield, and the MLS Cup. In the playoffs when goals were scarce, we conceded 2 goals in 5 games.

LEGEND.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    The season we won it all, we conceded 37 goals in 34 league games. Yeah, we scored a lot - we still score a lot. It was that defence that gave us the V Cup, the Shield, and the MLS Cup. In the playoffs when goals were scarce, we conceded 2 goals in 5 games.

LEGEND.

THIS. thank you.