View Poll Results: Continue the course or look elsewhere??

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue the Course

77 95.06%
  • Look Elsewhere

4 4.94%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach Support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coach Support

I would like to know from the RPBs does Vanney have confidence in continuing with being our coach, the Seattle Sounders have the right to have a vote of confidence and i just want to know if we had the same priveledge would Vanney continue
    Last edited by gracos; 11-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is the even a question?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Why is the even a question?
    I hear a lot of people questioning Vanneys tactics and results, and just wanted to know what the majority of people felt

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been critical of Vanney, but i dont think the vote is black & white. I think he is a very good coach with skilled players but very lucky to be coaching a team that is well funded. It went out and got him everything he wanted (defender and speedy wingers) and he got to the final, so kudos.

Based on that alone, he should return.

As a pure critic however, we still aren’t unlocking the final 3rd and have challenges battening down in the last 10 minutes for a 1 goal win.

Would he be as impactful at RSL or Montreal Impact with significantly smaller budgets. I would question his qualifications dealing with less assets or if TFC stop investing in the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree. There were some questionable decisions made this year, with squad rotation, formations, playing players out of position, requesting wingers and then not playing them. For me the jury is still out on him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No question in my mind he should be back next season. Simply as that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give me a break. Jesus Christ.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    QFT. 3 finals in the last 4 years, no Altidore for most of this season..wtf else do people want?

Vanney stays until he decides he wants to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was sometimes anti-Vanney (only in these cases I voiced my opinion, when angry!), sometimes pro-Vanney, but the real problem is with the team construction - and that's all on the front office.
    This year he realised a lot higher with the available bodies than what was expected.

Seriously, how TFC's playoff lot fared if compared with the other 3 semifinalists this year?
    But wait, compare it with the last 7 teams standing besides TFC in the conference semifinals.

Again, compare the players talent, not the wages paid to the them... you see?
    We all know that a few of our players are grossly overpaid.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 11-11-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm willing to see what Vanney can field next year with a new CBA. I'm expecting a big jump in the Salary cap, with $100K being the new minimum, 3 DPs being worth $1.5M against the cap each, a total cap of $10M, and no xAM.

Vanney is one of the better coaches in the league and seems to have good chemistry with the players. TFC should keep him until he chooses to leave or loses the locker room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney also had the highest payroll over that time frame. The question that should be asked is would another coach have gotten better results with those same players. TFC played in 4 finals since 2016 and only won one. I am not necessarily advocating for his dismissal I am only saying that his entire body of work needs to be scrutinized over his tenure here. He shouldn't automatically be renewed based on his last 3 months of work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we get a poll about people setting up polls?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are people getting upset about, it is 16-0. No one wants him fired, everyone wants him back. It is ok to be critical and assess what we need to continue a dominant franchise, because that is what I want most of all. 2018 was a blip from injuries, going for it and scheduling but there can be times when we can question things.

Having a stable coach is a sign of a great franchise and we should expect Vanney to grow and evolve as well. I had some questions at times in his selections and to pretend now that i didnt would be wrong. If you read what i was saying is he needs really smart players.

I was so proud to be a TFC fan in Seattle, I was proud of the boys, proud of the fans, proud of the coach and proud of the organization this weekend and I want this to continue.

All for One.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 11-11-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This question is so June/July
    It's November now.
    #vanneyin

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What he said !
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    QFT. 3 finals in the last 4 years, no Altidore for most of this season..wtf else do people want?

All I demand is that the team be a contender, I don't expect to win the cup every year. Vanney has exceeded my expectations this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Vanney also had the highest payroll over that time frame. The question that should be asked is would another coach have gotten better results with those same players. TFC played in 4 finals since 2016 and only won one. I am not necessarily advocating for his dismissal I am only saying that his entire body of work needs to be scrutinized over his tenure here. He shouldn't automatically be renewed based on his last 3 months of work.
    The total cost red herring is an idiotic metric floating around Twitter. It's the quality of players and roster construction that matters, not how much players are overpaid.

Almost all of the high salary amount is due to Jozy and Michael, neither who are top five in the league in their position. Even Pozuelo is significantly behind several other playmakers. Maybe you could have argued when Giovinco was here that his genius was why TFC went to the final, but Giovinco wasn't here this year, he wasn't replaced.

So it's better to ask the question, since Jozy was out, "how do you rate a coach who managed to get to an MLS Cup final without a quality striker?" Name even one coach who managed that besides Vanney. There hasn't been one since I've been following the league (2005). That Vanney could get the team there is astonishing.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-11-2019 at 03:33 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really this is dumb

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post

You forgot they made the finals in what could be considered a rebuild year.

people LOVE drama.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I would like to know from the RPBs does Vanney have confidence in continuing with being our coach, the Seattle Sounders have the right to have a vote of confidence and i just want to know if we had the same priveledge would Vanney continue
    Because we should do things like the Sounders?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Because we should do things like the Sounders?
    I want to bunker for 3 finals and win 2 of them.. well sitting back and not getting a shot in one, and winning because of an own goal in another... Then I want to claim that we are a championship city, and hail a guy that wears a sports bra well he whips off his shirt like he is Brandi Chastain...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate the current feedback; it just allows me to see a bigger picture of our club I know we should be striving for excellence and we surpassed all expectations for this season; just want to see if I'm too critical on the club
    I truly appreciate all the support and not making fun of this poll too much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Savour it while you can, coaching stability is a rare luxury enjoyed by very few clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Savour it while you can, coaching stability is a rare luxury enjoyed by very few clubs.
    This!
    Savour it while you can, because next year, even if TFC's player personnel will be better or even a lot better, and Vanney will be the same good coach, we have less chance being in the final again.
    Other teams evolve too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    This!
    Savour it while you can, because next year, even if TFC's player personnel will be better or even a lot better, and Vanney will be the same good coach, we have less chance being in the final again.
    Other teams evolve too...
    I mean the same thing could have been said before the 2017 season, and we all saw how that went. I'm not saying we'll see a repeat of that next year, but depending how this off-season goes, I expect a very motivated team for 2020.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every team gets better every year.

The supposition this team is going to remain static will be tested in the next couple of days when word gets out about people who's options are not being picked up.

On another note, we have a manager that has shown he is learning each year - perfect no - but the supposition that opposing managers are going to suddenly get better then the coach who everybody in this league says is the most tactically astute - that supposition doesn't hold water.

We are the only team to be able to flow between 3 formations within a half - I get some people think that's meaningless but in this league, that's useful.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 11-12-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, think about it. If not, Vanney, who? Who would make you happy?

Can you name any American/Canadian coach that you would want instead? If not, then who, a European? So who? Who's available?

Vanney is like an 8.5/10 (this rating is specific to MLS). Yes, he's made a few odd choices here and there, but I'd say he gets things right more than 85% of the time. So if you want to replace him, you'd have to find someone who's a 9 or 10/10. And how many of those are there, really? Is there any really 'perfect' coach? Even Guardiola can be criticized from time to time.

So it's way too easy to just say 'fire him.' Who are you going to get instead? No one else who would be available would even come close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is out there that could do better? If we're not bringing in a Klopp then there is not point.

Give the many a 5 years extension.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Vanney is like an 8.5/10 (this rating is specific to MLS). Yes, he's made a few odd choices here and there, but I'd say he gets things right more than 85% of the time. So if you want to replace him, you'd have to find someone who's a 9 or 10/10. And how many of those are there, really? Is there any really 'perfect' coach? Even Guardiola can be criticized from time to time.
    Fans of one team tend to see things in a bubble and ignore that all coaches, including the big names many would desire make mistakes.

Wenger got his formation wrong http://dailycannon.com/2018/01/wilsh...ormation-wrong

Alex Ferguson got his formation/tactics wrong https://www.thefalse9.com/2011/05/sir-alex-fergusons-tactical-mistakes.html

Klopp got his formation wrong https://tribuna.com/amp/liverpoolfc/en/news/2925629

Mourinho got his formation/tactics wrong https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/19/defence-alexis-sanchez-jose-mourinho-tactics-wrong

Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-13-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we arent going to champions league , thats on vanney

he stays but you gota beat MTL