Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 126
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    West End
    Posts
    3,813
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Per Tenorio - Miami signing Roger Martinez, Colombian Int striker, from Club America.

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,570
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Per Tenorio - Miami signing Roger Martinez, Colombian Int striker, from Club America.
    And their supporters are none too happy about it. I think they were expecting Ronaldo or Messi but could possibly settle for Suarez or Cavani. Guess not.

  3. #33
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I hate Cavallini to the Shitecaps that organization is a clusterfuck right now. On top of that they haven't had a decent performance from a striker since Camilo, despite having decent strikers since then.
    I feel the same way. Who knows, maybe it's like Bradley coming over to our clown shoes organization and wanting to turn it around. Then again their ownership and front office remain in place, so it's perhaps not the same thing.

  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,570
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can't really complain too much about Cavallini. The Caps had his discovery rights. I expected them to take him if he was leaving Liga MX. They need whatever goodwill and PR help they can get now.

  5. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Can't really complain too much about Cavallini. The Caps had his discovery rights. I expected them to take him if he was leaving Liga MX. They need whatever goodwill and PR help they can get now.
    I will complain. He is sooooo much what we need on this team.

  6. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,570
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I will complain. He is sooooo much what we need on this team.
    But he is the same as Jozy. As long as we are using the 4-3-3 as our predominant formation then only one (starting) CF is required.

    My point though is that when teams have discovery rights then it's their player unless that player refuses to go. Even then, no guarantee the Caps would deal with us or that Cavallini would want to come here.

  7. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But he is the same as Jozy. As long as we are using the 4-3-3 as our predominant formation then only one (starting) CF is required.

    My point though is that when teams have discovery rights then it's their player unless that player refuses to go. Even then, no guarantee the Caps would deal with us or that Cavallini would want to come here.
    I don't know if he ever said as much publicly publicly but I always assumed Toronto was his first choice in MLS. That's where he's from, him and Oso are close, TFC have been linked with him more than any other team in the last few years...

  8. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,570
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I don't know if he ever said as much publicly publicly but I always assumed Toronto was his first choice in MLS. That's where he's from, him and Oso are close, TFC have been linked with him more than any other team in the last few years...
    Agree that he may have from a coming home stand point but there's always money issues and also the idea at least for now, of competing for the starting CF spot with Jozy. Lots of factors but mainly, since the Caps had his rights and are a PR and on field disaster, they'd be pretty stupid not to sign him.

  9. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But he is the same as Jozy. As long as we are using the 4-3-3 as our predominant formation then only one (starting) CF is required.

    My point though is that when teams have discovery rights then it's their player unless that player refuses to go. Even then, no guarantee the Caps would deal with us or that Cavallini would want to come here.
    We're penciliing Jozy in for how many matches next season? lol. If history is of any use I doubt Cavallini would be blocked all that often. Not saying it is realistic, just that I would love him to be a red.

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    And their supporters are none too happy about it. I think they were expecting Ronaldo or Messi but could possibly settle for Suarez or Cavani. Guess not.
    Where? I love a good read of whining, uneducated, entitled, unrealistic new MLS supporters.

    All we wanted was a goal.

  11. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Where? I love a good read of whining, uneducated, entitled, unrealistic new MLS supporters.

    All we wanted was a goal.
    To be fair, Atlanta came out with a bang with Almiron, Villalba, Josef Martinez and Pirez, which if you think about it, is kind of an insane accomplishment looking at how well that worked out.

    Not every team can be that hence Cincinnati and others but if any new expansion team was going to pull of what Atlanta did it would be Miami.

  12. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stoke-on-Toronto
    Posts
    8,771
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    To be fair, Atlanta came out with a bang with Almiron, Villalba, Josef Martinez and Pirez, which if you think about it, is kind of an insane accomplishment looking at how well that worked out.

    Not every team can be that hence Cincinnati and others but if any new expansion team was going to pull of what Atlanta did it would be Miami.
    But throwing a hissy fit already? They'll be more than fine, I'm sure of it.

    Atlanta was more of an anomaly. The perfect storm. I would be surprised if anybody could do that again, including Miami.

    And I said among others LA would crumble, for anybody not looking only at their on paper performances.
    Last edited by Brooker; 12-10-2019 at 06:41 PM.

  13. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Happy December 10, by the way, everybody.

    Last edited by ensco; 12-10-2019 at 08:20 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  14. #44
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,714
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    SKC spending on one transfer almost twice as much as they have EVER spent

    Pulido is going to be a force for that team.

  15. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Happy December 10, by the way, everybody.

    Thank you!! I have sent to all my friends!

  16. #46
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,925
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    SKC spending on one transfer almost twice as much as they have EVER spent

    Pulido is going to be a force for that team.
    Joint top scorer for 2019 Apertura. The fact that MLS can get a top Liga MX striker to sign is a big step for the league.

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  17. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pulido scored the floater over Bono in the CCL final at BMO.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  18. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    714
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you ensco. Yes what a great night that was.
    It sure was better than the year before when we were so cold waiting for the shootout.

    After that goal, we never complained about Mr. Altidore anymore.
    Two MLS Cups in person at BMO and one MLS Cup Championship!

  19. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But he is the same as Jozy. As long as we are using the 4-3-3 as our predominant formation then only one (starting) CF is required.

    My point though is that when teams have discovery rights then it's their player unless that player refuses to go. Even then, no guarantee the Caps would deal with us or that Cavallini would want to come here.
    He is better than Jozy. Honestly a little disappointed that we didn't try to package Jozy and some cash for him when his fee was only ~5m. Lucas is also younger, Canadian and doesn't live in physiotherapy.
    Last edited by portu; 12-11-2019 at 04:29 PM.

  20. #50
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,925
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    He is better than Jozy. Honestly a little disappointed that we didn't try to package Jozy and some cash for him when his fee was only ~5m. Lucas is also younger, Canadian and doesn't live in physiotherapy.
    The new Caps director isn't an idiot.
    Might have gotten Caps to bite on this trade under Leonarduzzi but not the new guy

  21. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,570
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Joint top scorer for 2019 Apertura. The fact that MLS can get a top Liga MX striker to sign is a big step for the league.
    And to KC too. Not exactly a glamorous hot spot.

  22. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    The new Caps director isn't an idiot.
    Might have gotten Caps to bite on this trade under Leonarduzzi but not the new guy
    Trade? I'm talking about Jozy + Cash to Puebla.

  23. #53
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,925
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Trade? I'm talking about Jozy + Cash to Puebla.
    I don't think Puebla isn't that dumb either. Esp considering Jozy has a huge wage

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  24. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    He is better than Jozy
    This is a take and a half

    edit: unless you're taking into account the injury history when you say that. Because your post just reads like you're saying Cav is better than Jozy full stop
    Last edited by DavemTFC; 12-12-2019 at 10:47 AM.

  25. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I don't think Puebla isn't that dumb either. Esp considering Jozy has a huge wage
    It's getting off into hypotheticals but you never know in football. Club America was sniffing Jozy just two years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    This is a take and a half

    edit: unless you're taking into account the injury history when you say that. Because your post just reads like you're saying Cav is better than Jozy full stop
    I am absolutely saying that Lucas is better than Jozy full stop. It's close but both fit for a match, I'd start Lucas over Jozy 9/10 times. Jozy's injury history and petulance just makes the decision easier from a long-term perspective.

  26. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    90
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    It's getting off into hypotheticals but you never know in football. Club America was sniffing Jozy just two years ago.



    I am absolutely saying that Lucas is better than Jozy full stop. It's close but both fit for a match, I'd start Lucas over Jozy 9/10 times. Jozy's injury history and petulance just makes the decision easier from a long-term perspective.
    I'm going to very strongly disagree then. I like Cav but a healthy Jozy can do everything Cav does and better.

    Having said that I can understand the long-term concerns. I think Jozy will still be dominant next year for however long he's healthy but he'll start to decline in 2021

  27. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So now with MB done, what will be our Xmas gift? CR7??

  28. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,563
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jordan Hamilton has re-signed with Columbus.

  29. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    11,393
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I am absolutely saying that Lucas is better than Jozy full stop. It's close but both fit for a match, I'd start Lucas over Jozy 9/10 times. Jozy's injury history and petulance just makes the decision easier from a long-term perspective.
    Yes and no. Cavallini is more durable (not a hard bar to clear), a better holdup man, and a better target in the box. He might be smaller than Altidore but he knows how to use every inch of his size to get to headers.

    Altidore is more versatile and more dangerous running at defenders. All around more skilled.

    Both occasionally lose their heads and are red card risks.

    Bit of a wash if you ask me.

  30. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,761
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Jordan Hamilton has re-signed with Columbus.
    Good for Jordan

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •