Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where to meet up in Seattle for the march to the stadium?

Where are we meeting beforehand to celebrate with a pint and to then sing our way to the stadium?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yon View Post
    Where are we meeting beforehand to celebrate with a pint and to then sing our way to the stadium?
    I was literally going to ask the same question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Fado pub is decent with Man city - Liverpool game on at 8:30 am Sun morning - has great brekkie : kinda small & some sounders fans hang out there but it is an option. The Pyramid pub near the field is also an option with a big patio & great craft beer !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three of us going. Would someone text me at 4162001548 and let me know about pre-game / post-game festivities?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    The Fado pub is decent with Man city - Liverpool game on at 8:30 am Sun morning - has great brekkie : kinda small & some sounders fans hang out there but it is an option. The Pyramid pub near the field is also an option with a big patio & great craft beer !
    STAY AWAY FROM FADO

Fado is an official supporters bar for the Sounders "Gorilla FC" supporters group, so we'll in all likely hood be avoiding that and any other bars associated with Sounders supporters.

RPB away team is looking for a bar where we can meet without mixing up with sounders supporters,I'm sure they will let us know as soon it is official.
    Last edited by denime; 11-06-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, we’re advising to avoid Fado. We wouldn’t have liked a mass group of Sounders fans taking over Joes in 2016/17.

It’s being worked on, but it’s a touch harder than most away games, what with the early kick off + the sheer amount of people that will be in the area.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , we on west coast as regular visitors to Seattle when boys come out here often hit Fado's for noon games ... but I can see with numbers that this does not make sense. Sounders FO are advising away support to be at entrance at 9:30 am to limit interaction with Sounders march.. will take time to get in with 70K ... with kickoff at 12:08 pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any update on this? I read something that people are meeting at the stadium at 9:30 am pst? That true?

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Any update on this? I read something that people are meeting at the stadium at 9:30 am pst? That true?
    Yes. 9:30. Doesn't leave a lot of time for marching.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    Yes. 9:30. Doesn't leave a lot of time for marching.
    FYI Sounders rally and March is Occidental Square 8am on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heads up, there are a few hooligans there that are known to throw green paint at away supporters. So watch out for that.
    I arrive by train from vancouver right at 11 and the train station is right beside the stadium. That stupid Will Call will be a bitch....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walking around Seattle today, the ratio of people wearing TFC gear is 5x the number wearing anything Sounders
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Walking around Seattle today, the ratio of people wearing TFC gear is 5x the number wearing anything Sounders

Reminds me that a lot of rave green could be found outside of the south end & their area in 2016 & 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they march at 8?

Are we suppose to get their earlier than than 930 ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9:30 doesn’t make sense to me. Some of us are trying to meet at a pub. Should we try the pyramid?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    9:30 doesn’t make sense to me. Some of us are trying to meet at a pub. Should we try the pyramid?
    9:30 is when they want those with tickets in the TFC sections to enter. They want them in before the Sounders march arrives. There marches can be quite something.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be aware of your surroundings and keep your eyes open. Would not be surprised if the Antifa MAGA types rears their ugly head, this is the perfect stage for them to cause some shit.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for Those of us who won’t be in our seats by 9:30, is the pyramid the place to go?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to diminish the prior warnings, but our experience so far is that everyone out here has been a total sweetheart to us. Including Sounders fans who have thanked us for coming.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    for Those of us who won’t be in our seats by 9:30, is the pyramid the place to go?
    For what time you thinking. Security is meeting the away section for entry at 9:30, so I assume before then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to diminish the prior warnings, but our experience so far is that everyone out here has been a total sweetheart to us. Including Sounders fans who have thanked us for coming.

is this based on your experience this weekend ?

Or previous trips ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    For what time you thinking. Security is meeting the away section for entry at 9:30, so I assume before then.
    10:15. I am not able to get to the game for 9:30 aS am staying out of town, and see no reason to do so anyway. I guess we will try to go to the Pyramid as suggested in the game thread unless we hear anything else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RudanZidane View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to fear-monger like this when you're not here. Everyone has been as friendly as can be, buying us drinks and taking pics and whatnot.
    where have you been hanging out ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Be aware of your surroundings and keep your eyes open. Would not be surprised if the Antifa MAGA types rears their ugly head, this is the perfect stage for them to cause some shit.

There's absolutely no reason to fear-monger like this when you're not here. Everyone has been as friendly as can be, buying us drinks and taking pics and whatnot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    where have you been hanging out ?

All around downtown, the stadium, and the market area. We've had nothing but positive experiences with every single Seattle supporter we've met. Obviously be safe and be aware, but there's no reason to warn people about "antifa+maga types", that's just absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah everyone is being super nice to us today. This is Seattle, one of the nicest progressive places in the USA. Why anti fascists would be there is beyond me. Why trump supporters would cause a ruckus is beyond me. 9:30 is way too early. We'll get there 10:30-11. Don't expect any problems.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have fun you all - don't be surprised if there is some early morning fireworks near a certain hotel.

Cause, you know, Seattle invented...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were in a flight with a sounders fan who goes to uni in pittsburgh, he seemed nice and some folks on our plane knew about the game and were friendly.
    Last edited by FootBallAZ; 11-09-2019 at 08:48 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent this evening at Fado, met with Rapids fans ( I know rapids fans, thanked us for Fraser). Good sounders group but nicest people. Going to Flatstick for 9.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are people meeting up at flatstick tonight?