Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS CUP FINAL 2019 Viewing Parties

Please post viewing parties here.

Then try to get out to attend one. Its always better watching with fellow fans.

Forza TFC!!!

-----------------------------

VIEWING PARTIES SO FAR:

TORONTO:
    Shoeless Joes (Red Patch Boys)
    Real Sports (Hosted by TFC) First Floor is First come First Served. Doors open 11am. 2nd floor Fully booked
    The Rec Room Toronto (Hosted by Footy Talks) – SOLD OUT
    Craft Brasserie in Liberty Village – SOLD OUT
    The Cloak and Dagger (U-Sector)
    Locus (Kings in the North)
    Convenience Bar (presenter by Captain Morgan)
    Local44 Scarborough (Hosted by XTSC)
    Shox Billard Lounge
    123 Edward Street (Bianconeri YYZ Launch Party & MLS Cup Viewing)

OUTSIDE TORONTO:
    Vaughan - The Mills TapHouse (TFC Tifosi)
    Vaughan - Shoeless Joe’s
    Vaughan - Trio Sportsplex
    Guelph - The Fat Duck.
    Burlington – Sly Fox
    Burlington - Piper Arms
    Mississauga – The Rec Room Mississauga
    Barrie - Fionn MacCool's
    Kitchener - Edelweiss Tavern (hosted by the Grand River Union)
    Ottawa - The Senate Tavern (Hosted by Bytown Boys)
    Last edited by SuperTCP; 11-08-2019 at 07:29 AM.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Viewing - Shoeless Joes

TFC FO Viewing - Rumor has it that it will be at BMO Field. Stay tuned.

Vaughan - The Mills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think having a massive viewing party should be the key here. Something like BMO Field, ML Square etc. We need all fans to congregate in one place and paint the town Red!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Homestand at the Rec Room
    https://homestandsports.com/event/ml...ttle-sounders/

Real Sports for MLSE party?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Homestand at the Rec Room
    https://homestandsports.com/event/ml...ttle-sounders/

Real Sports for MLSE party?
    Did anyone go to the Cinepshere last night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    I think having a massive viewing party should be the key here. Something like BMO Field, ML Square etc. We need all fans to congregate in one place and paint the town Red!
    It will probably be Maple Leaf Square, but I think Scotiabank will be good. No Leafs or Raptor games on the 10th at home (both on the road).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On last nights game thread people went to Cinesphere.

We were at Joes, and it was fantastic. He is such a loyal supporter of the RPB that it is my first choice over anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really, really hope there's one huge viewing event at Maple Leaf Square. And, if there is, everyone should go there.

Gotta show the city how much support there is for the team, and scattering out to various small parties won't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    It will probably be Maple Leaf Square, but I think Scotiabank will be good. No Leafs or Raptor games on the 10th at home (both on the road).
    But it would be the wrong bank sponsor.
    ... one place with a large viewing would be great. It looks like it will be 3 degrees in the day, so something inside could be good.
    It could be any place, inside or out, where a big screen or two could be set up -- a parking lot, inside the trade (Enercare) centre (though that's not available because of Royal Winter Fair), etc.

Would Rogers Centre be out of the question (maybe a good MLSE compromise for a game shown on TSN, although TD Bank is a Blue Jays sponsor)? Is it completely closed from November through March? There now seems to be nothing there except baseball and one or two concerts during the summer. In the not-so-distant past there were all kinds of events there year-round -- concerts in various configurations including as small as 5000 seats, Disney On Ice, supercross, monster trucks, even watching TV shows like the last episodes of Cheers and Star Trek TNG on the screen (according to wikipedia).
    Last edited by Heepster; 11-04-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone go to the Cinepshere last night?
    I was there. It was a fantastic overall viewing experience and I'm wishing they would be holding the Final there as well, but alas.

Ample comfortable seating (it was maybe 60-75% full), accessible halftime smokeables area and of course the original 80' IMAX screen. No complaints.

But i'm in the same opinion of others that there should be one giant overall viewing event for this. Open up the ACC or BMO Field for this one please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    I was there. It was a fantastic overall viewing experience and I'm wishing they would be holding the Final there as well, but alas.

Ample comfortable seating (it was maybe 60-75% full), accessible halftime smokeables area and of course the original 80' IMAX screen. No complaints.

But i'm in the same opinion of others that there should be one giant overall viewing event for this. Open up the ACC or BMO Field for this one please!
    Thanks for the info! I agree with the opinions on this thread that one place with a large viewing would be great. It looks like it will be 3 degrees in the day, so something inside could be good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I really, really, really hope there's one huge viewing event at Maple Leaf Square. And, if there is, everyone should go there.

Gotta show the city how much support there is for the team, and scattering out to various small parties won't do it.
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a longshot but will there be some kind of viewing party somewhere in Europe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a reservation at Real Sports Bar wondering if there will be a TFC turnout there? It’s our first time. If we decide to go to shoeless joes how early would we have to get there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joes I would get there for 2. it will be hoppin' perfectly. But if you want more build up I am sure people will be there from noon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to Real Sports for the Eastern Finals. Decent showing of TFC fans and good atmosphere when the goals were scored. No chanting or anything like that but my guess for the Finals is it will be a lot more lively.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    This is a longshot but will there be some kind of viewing party somewhere in Europe?

There are MLS / TFC in Europe twitter accounts that might help

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There are MLS / TFC in Europe twitter accounts that might help
    If you are in London, Rileys on Haymarket is a pretty good place to start.They frequently show MLS games. Sky Sports Football is broadcasting the MLS Cup Final in the UK.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Footy Talks folks are "selling" (free) tickets to the Rec Room for next Sunday's MLS Cup viewing party --- not sure if that means the Cinesphere thing is out or not ---- has anyone watched a game at the Rec Room? - is there good viewing from all locations in the seating area (multiple TVs?) or is this a situation where there are seats that would not allow you to view the game....just trying to give myself options here in case there is no "centralized event" or if the team simply does Brazen Head again and forces a lot of people into Liberty Village bars which likely will be jammed due to limited capacity --- I know "Joes" is the place for us but Joes will be a zoo too......will it be limited to card holding RPB members as per previous MLS Cups?

Sorry for all the questions but we have a week to figure this all out I guess....frankly its not a conversation I thought we would be having in July or so (we were just hoping to make the playoffs at that point), then I thought about 10 minutes into the ECF, that it was a nice season but it looks like we hit our wall.....and now here we are....simply shocking.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope that it will be limited to RPB members. We've pumped alot into that place over the years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been to both places and I like Rec Room more since the bar is closer, more people .... but Cinesphere was cheaper and bigger screen. However, I'll probably never go back to Cinesphere because they kick you out right after the game without showing the trophy presentation.

No, not all seats are good in Rec room due to few columns around the room.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    I hope that it will be limited to RPB members. We've pumped alot into that place over the years
    To be fair to Joe and Kim - there have been times he's put on extra staff for us and we haven't packed the place and there's been more servers than tables to serve. Can't expect him to turn the place into a private RPB party unless we can absolutely guarantee the income. For the ECF he did put out reserved tables for RPB in the dining area - which is fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTCP View Post
    RPB Viewing - Shoeless Joes

TFC FO Viewing - Rumor has it that it will be at BMO Field. Stay tuned.

Vaughan - The Mills
    Is The Mills a go?
    Will definitely be there if it is.
    Wanted to come out for the ECF and couldn't make it but looking forward to being there for the Final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Footy Talks folks are "selling" (free) tickets to the Rec Room for next Sunday's MLS Cup viewing party --- not sure if that means the Cinesphere thing is out or not ---- has anyone watched a game at the Rec Room? - is there good viewing from all locations in the seating area (multiple TVs?) or is this a situation where there are seats that would not allow you to view the game....just trying to give myself options here in case there is no "centralized event" or if the team simply does Brazen Head again and forces a lot of people into Liberty Village bars which likely will be jammed due to limited capacity --- I know "Joes" is the place for us but Joes will be a zoo too......will it be limited to card holding RPB members as per previous MLS Cups?

Sorry for all the questions but we have a week to figure this all out I guess....frankly its not a conversation I thought we would be having in July or so (we were just hoping to make the playoffs at that point), then I thought about 10 minutes into the ECF, that it was a nice season but it looks like we hit our wall.....and now here we are....simply shocking.....

I would expect that Joe will reserve tables for RPB as he did last week. That’s pretty fair. It’s the place to be in Liberty Village for sure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post

If Joes were limited to current RPB members, it would a mistake. I would wager there aren't enough RPB to fill Joe's now (especially with many in Seattle). I'd also wager there are more non-members that make up their business than members.

Even in past years, you had to show any proof of affiliation at anytime rather than just current.

I hope to make it in.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    If Joes were limited to current RPB members, it would a mistake. I would wager there aren't enough RPB to fill Joe's now (especially with many in Seattle). I'd also wager there are more non-members that make up their business than members.

Even in past years, you had to show any proof of affiliation at anytime rather than just current.

I hope to make it in.
    There are more than enough current RPB to pack the place, it was packed even for the conference final. If you don't get in I'm sure a lot of bars will be showing the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    There are more than enough current RPB to pack the place, it was packed even for the conference final. If you don't get in I'm sure a lot of bars will be showing the game.
    It is a small bar, I'll give you that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC has announced Real Sports for the "official" viewing party. Doors open at 11am, on a first come, first serve basis.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    TFC has announced Real Sports for the "official" viewing party. Doors open at 11am, on a first come, first serve basis.
    MLSE should really have a larger viewing party such as Scotiabank Arena, Maple Leaf Square, or something bigger than Real Sports.

Indoors would be preferred as it looks like it will be 2 degrees (feels like -3) on Sunday afternoon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I don't understand, is that some people are saying online that RS is "full" as apparently they took reservations (not sure if this just internet rumors - I called and they said they were "full" but I'm not sure what that meant), and now the posting appears to be that it's simply first come first served (open at 11AM! - are people going to sit there for four hours?) and apparently no reservations were taken for that day....anyone have any insight?

Anyone with any guesses as to timing for Joes - Noon? earlier? later?