Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    The lack of media interest is hardly a surprise we all know we have to fight for any coverage, we'll always be the outsiders. I don't care anymore what I know is that thousands of us will be watching this game whether at home, bars and pubs or in Seattle and every TFC fan I see Sunday pre-game is getting a high five, post game you may get hugs
    And the fight for coverage just got that much harder, the Wolfpack have even trumped them with the signing of Sonny Bill Williams. Its getting coverage from all over the world.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    And the fight for coverage just got that much harder, the Wolfpack have even trumped them with the signing of Sonny Bill Williams. Its getting coverage from all over the world.
    Rugby, like soccer has a dedicated fanbase in these parts, but it's much smaller. Seriously ask around and 95%+ of gta residents won't have heard of Sonny Bill Williams, and if you told them he's a country singer, they'd believe you.

He might be famous overseas, but here he barely moves the needle for five minutes.

Apologies to any Wolfpack fans, but it's a niche sport much more than soccer is (which is mainstream for Millenials).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-07-2019 at 01:47 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Rugby, like soccer has a dedicated fanbase in these parts, but it's much smaller. Seriously ask around and 95%+ of gta residents won't have heard of Sonny Bill Williams, and if you told them he's a country singer, they'd believe you.

He might be famous overseas, but here he barely moves the needle for five minutes.

Apologies to any Wolfpack fans, but it's a niche sport much more than soccer is (which is mainstream for Millenials).
    Very accurate. I have season tickets for both and the parallels are everywhere. Wolfpack in many ways are like TFC’s little brother.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Very accurate. I have season tickets for both and the parallels are everywhere. Wolfpack in many ways are like TFC’s little brother.
    But no doubt Sonny Bill is a big name in the sports world, the coverage for his signing with the Wolfpack from around the world has been amazing to see.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    But no doubt Sonny Bill is a big name in the sports world, the coverage for his signing with the Wolfpack from around the world has been amazing to see.
    For sure. I see parallels to Beckham and MLS.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any viewing parties happening in Durham Region? Would be good to hit a place with a group to get loud.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Thank you for following up.

Unfortunately, we are not showing the TFC game at Maple Leafs Square.

Thanks for being a fan!"

- MLSE FAN SERVICES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTCP View Post

Thanks for being a fan!"

- MLSE FAN SERVICES

LOL thats ridiculous. Wtf are they going to have on instead? Just put the game on, its not like you need to setup anything. Literally turn it on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for being a fan!"

- MLSE FAN SERVICES

Wow, way to support the team, ML$E.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for being a fan!"

- MLSE FAN SERVICES

Leiweke never would have stood for that.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official viewing party organized by TFC is a bit of a joke, 11am doors open and first come, first serve - no thanks!

8 of us booked a table in The Pint, made it clear we need a screen with the game on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goes to show that MLSE is really only concerned about the larger revenue streams. The actual fans that want to get together to watch an away game probably aren't worth the time and effort for MLSE to worry about setting up anything. There is no excuse for them not to have, RS Bar was an obvious after thought that backfired.

Thank god we have places like Joe's and the Brazen Head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    No viewing at Maple Leaf Square is criminal. I honestly cannot understand what the reasoning behind that must be.
    Maybe conflicting bank sponsors (BMO - Scotiabank)?
    I thought maybe inside the Enercare Centre/Coca-Cola Coliseum might work, but unfortunately it's occupied by the last day of the Royal Winter Fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for being a fan!"

- MLSE FAN SERVICES

hey man....you gonna be at The Mills then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll head to the Senate in Ottawa to commiserate with other Fury fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd imagine Liberty Commons will have the game on too.
    Eugh, left all this far too late, most places are booked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for being a fan!"

- MLSE FAN SERVICES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how early will I have to get to Shoeless to get a table? I should probably head out now ..

Also, anybody know where Inebriatti is watching the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So just watching TSN’s top 10 TFC moments, how this team is not even more popular in this city is beyond me. That 2016 classic playoff game versus Montreal at BMO Field has to be one of the most thrilling sporting events ever in Toronto and you can put all the Raptor games you want up against it. The weather was so Canadian cold and raining and snowing as well. The atmosphere was incredible at BMO that night. Then to lose on PK’s in 2016 and then coming back the next year and winning it against the same team . Moreover, the Champions League run and beating those top Mexican teams on the way to the final. But yet with all that this team is in another final and hardly anyone seems to care in Toronto it seems , incredible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    So just watching TSN’s top 10 TFC moments, how this team is not even more popular in this city is beyond me. That 2016 classic playoff game versus Montreal at BMO Field has to be one of the most thrilling sporting events ever in Toronto and you can put all the Raptor games you want up against it. The weather was so Canadian cold and raining and snowing as well. The atmosphere was incredible at BMO that night. Then to lose on PK’s in 2016 and then coming back the next year and winning it against the same team . Moreover, the Champions League run and beating those top Mexican teams on the way to the final. But yet with all that this team is in another final and hardly anyone seems to care in Toronto it seems , incredible.
    There's some much opportunity to build this brand with MLSE nearly monopolizing professional sports and being part-owned by media behemoths. The team got some good promotion in the other Cup runs. I get that TFC wasn't very good last year and poor midway through this year and support dipped and the Raptors got most of the attention. But a 13-game unbeaten streak and a chance to win a second title.... Crickets. It makes no sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totall agree with you both...my mind is blown over the lack of support from our City...I work downtown and besides the sign at City Hall...I saw no love for TFC...soooo disappointing!!

That night in 2016...November 30th against Montreal was the best ever sporting event I have ever been too...including both Cup finals...don’t get me wrong the 2017 Cup final was incredible too...but I will never forget the feeling knowing that we were going to our first cup final!! I have the time of Jozy’s game winning goal tattooed on my foot so I will never forget that moment in 2017 6 on a wave!!!!!!

Sitting in the Buffalo airport as I type this...hope to meet and make new TFC friends in Seattle and bring home more Cup final memories!!

GO TFC!!!!

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    There's some much opportunity to build this brand with MLSE nearly monopolizing professional sports and being part-owned by media behemoths. The team got some good promotion in the other Cup runs. I get that TFC wasn't very good last year and poor midway through this year and support dipped and the Raptors got most of the attention. But a 13-game unbeaten streak and a chance to win a second title.... Crickets. It makes no sense.
    Last edited by Red18andRed23; 11-09-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    - The crave of winning a major North American pro sport championship in 2016-17 was still at the all-time high back then. Now that the bigger team in Raptors has won the Chip, the crave for at least casuals is now gone.
    - Not having many home playoff games including the Final also doesn't help.
    - The playoff format is now much shorter, so does the time to market and promote it.
    - TFC fan base is still really not that large. Giovinco Era TFC and its playoff runs generated some bandwagon riders, but they have now jumped off.

I mean, the TFC vs DCU game, which I also attended, wasn't a sold out even though it could likely be the last home game of the season AND last Wayne Rooney's MLS game ever. Even the game was very entertaining, the outlook of it disheartened me a bit.

Now that I will have a work day off for tomorrow, I still have no idea where to watch in a big group tomorrow now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those that care, the Rec Room near the Dome (hosted by Footy Talks) has just had some GA "free tickets" open up online now as an alternative....."sold out" again like 10 minutes later....that was fast....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 11-09-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may try Hooligans tomorrow, they are advertising for the game and Facebook and they seem to have pretty good crowds for all sporting events

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the word on Joe's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    What's the word on Joe's?
    Yup. Joes will be fabulous be there. Only place to be. King and Dufferin one block east

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    For those that care, the Rec Room near the Dome (hosted by Footy Talks) has just had some GA "free tickets" open up online now as an alternative....."sold out" again like 10 minutes later....that was fast....
    Shoeless is home, thus Joes is the place to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I just got a GA pass few minutes ago. I really hope it will be a very entertaining event.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Yup. Joes will be fabulous be there. Only place to be. King and Dufferin one block east
    Bunch of us were concerned with not getting seats. I gotta work til 230-3 which means others are in the driver's seat. Partially why I hate watching big games at bars.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have one extra “VIP” reserved seat for the Rec Room event downtown - selling for its FV cost of $27.50 (it was actually $27.54) - PM me if interested!

EMT for e-ticket.

Thanks!