Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    TFC has announced Real Sports for the "official" viewing party. Doors open at 11am, on a first come, first serve basis.
    I called to make a reservation today and they said don't bother coming in as they were fully booked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really disappointed that there isn't a giant inclusive viewing party a la BMO Field, Maple Leaf Square, etc. Leaving it up to all the bars and restaurants to have all these segregated viewing events. Boo urns. What a let down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Really disappointed that there isn't a giant inclusive viewing party a la BMO Field, Maple Leaf Square, etc. Leaving it up to all the bars and restaurants to have all these segregated viewing events. Boo urns. What a let down.

And compete against NFL football with sound. Could be disappointing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I called to make a reservation today and they said don't bother coming in as they were fully booked
    I called and got the same thing -- they literally did not know what was going on until the tweet was already posted (great job MLSE! - it's not like this could have been communicated between all parties beforehand!) -- the woman seemed very nice and told me they just found out about this today and that it's already fully booked and they are only trying to figure out whether walk-ups will even be allowed; she told me that frankly you won't have a seat and you will be packed in like sardines at best....I guess it's time to camp out at Joes as I originally intended.....it's our home anyways....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RS took down the reservation on Thursday morning for Sunday from 11 to 4:30 pm.

I dont understand either. Why can't we have a big venue for viewing party. Will TFC ever be as big as Raptors? obliviously the weather and timing are not helping. Much better buzz around the city in 2017.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the cold, I would actually do maple leaf square if they offered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if there will be a viewing party somewhere in Ottawa?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I called and got the same thing -- they literally did not know what was going on until the tweet was already posted (great job MLSE! - it's not like this could have been communicated between all parties beforehand!) -- the woman seemed very nice and told me they just found out about this today and that it's already fully booked and they are only trying to figure out whether walk-ups will even be allowed; she told me that frankly you won't have a seat and you will be packed in like sardines at best....I guess it's time to camp out at Joes as I originally intended.....it's our home anyways....
    Wonder if TFC would tell Real Sports they are taking the bar over and make it first come first serve. I am sure a lot of those resos were for NFL Sunday before we knew the Reds were in the final.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be a viewing party somewhere in Ottawa?
    Yes, The Senate on Bank, the Bytown Boys are putting it on.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't asked but never see anyone in the Kingston area posting...viewing parties around here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually reserved right after the Atlanta game and someone called and confirmed on Sunday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catz4ever View Post
    I actually reserved right after the Atlanta game and someone called and confirmed on Sunday
    I would check to make sure, it seems there is a lack of communication between Real Sports and TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just confirmed I’m good for Sunday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    To be fair to Joe and Kim - there have been times he's put on extra staff for us and we haven't packed the place and there's been more servers than tables to serve. Can't expect him to turn the place into a private RPB party unless we can absolutely guarantee the income. For the ECF he did put out reserved tables for RPB in the dining area - which is fair.
    You are right and , people should remember to tip ‘well’ the waitresses. They give up on many regulars and don’t always get the deserved tip ! And MLS in its stupidity is going against the NFL , Joe and other bars will lose the NFL $$$ as well .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm not official rpb but I live a block away and expect to get in. Last game wasn't packed at all would be stupid and unfair to expect it to be rpb only and keep the rest of us our yet not fill the place

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Yeah I'm not official rpb but I live a block away and expect to get in. Last game wasn't packed at all would be stupid and unfair to expect it to be rpb only and keep the rest of us our yet not fill the place
    yup , Joe has a right to make a living , he’s put out spreads before with only a few tables showing up . First come first serve and enjoy
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There were about 140 people seated at Joes for the Atlanta game. It was tons of fun double that and it will really rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir FC View Post
    RS took down the reservation on Thursday morning for Sunday from 11 to 4:30 pm.

I dont understand either. Why can't we have a big venue for viewing party. Will TFC ever be as big as Raptors? obliviously the weather and timing are not helping. Much better buzz around the city in 2017.
    I agree, there's not a lot of buzz like there was in 2016 and 2017. Perhaps it will start to increase closer to the match, but it seems awfully quiet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    I agree, there's not a lot of buzz like there was in 2016 and 2017. Perhaps it will start to increase closer to the match, but it seems awfully quiet.
    Possible all the home games in 2016 & 2017 helped with the hype.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I called and got the same thing -- they literally did not know what was going on until the tweet was already posted (great job MLSE! - it's not like this could have been communicated between all parties beforehand!)
    I emailed my rep a few days ago about this, and this morning got back a note from him saying that "no official communication has been made" but he'd "imagine that there will be a few spots in Liberty Village hosting a viewing party". So, there's that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Wonder if TFC would tell Real Sports they are taking the bar over and make it first come first serve. I am sure a lot of those resos were for NFL Sunday before we knew the Reds were in the final.
    My friends book RS Wednesday during the day( for just in case we make it),they told them why are they booking and why they want good table for 12 close to big screen.Reservation was confirmed,no issues.
    Thursday afternoon I was told it all booked because MLS Final and they don't take any new reservation. It will be mixed crowd that's for sure, NFL and MLS
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, all.

I just got off the phone with my ticket rep asking about what exactly is going on at Real Sport. Unfortunately, it sounds like there was a pretty big screw-up and a whole slew of seats were reserved beforehand for the MLS Cup Final and NFL matches. As a result, only the first floor has been given over to the MLS Cup Final on a first-come, first served basis.

To be honest, it’s very disappointing to hear that the club has not organized this viewing as well as they could have. I think BMO Field would have been a good option with the game getting patched into the big screen or something.

Anyway, I’m hoping Joe’s will allow for all fans this year. My membership lapsed years ago but we’re all running out of options to go.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't express how sad it is there is no viewing party at Rogers Center / BMO Field or Jurassic Park.... How is the club supposed to become a big deal when MLS Cup is being treated like a regular season NHL game?

I guess I am just going to be watching locally, please let me know the viewing party in Vaughan / Woodbridge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a watch party in Kitchener Waterloo or around that area, anyone know of a place?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by urdiub View Post
    Looking for a watch party in Kitchener Waterloo or around that area, anyone know of a place?
    In Guelph, there will be a viewing party at The Fat Duck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sly Fox in Burlington has a promotion. https://www.facebook.com/events/1328343437688558/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would check to make sure, it seems there is a lack of communication between Real Sports and TFC.
    They should just set up a big screen in Liberty Village outdoors like they did for the past finals we hosted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rec room has a viewing party

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craft Brasserie in Liberty Village will be showing the game on their TV's/Big Screen. It's always full of TFC fans pre-game at BMO. They have stopped taking reservations so there should be close to 200 people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rec Room in Mississauga is hosting a party too.
    https://homestandsports.com/event/ml...ty-square-one/